Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Gift wrapped by us bottling it against Everton and Liverpool collapsing. City have impressed at times but bloody hell they should have done so much better than they have.
Yeah that 89 point gift wrap you gave us, and the same Liverpool collapse that saw them take 37 points from their last 42 available. Wouldn't mind a collapse like that next year from City!

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Would be extremely embarrassing if they don't win the league with the squad they'll have. They'll probably have a squad that cost about £400m.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Good deal for Danilo, but I wonder if Madrid will try to sign another right back. I doubt about Achraf being the second option. About City...I guess that the financial fair play is a myth

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Would be extremely embarrassing if they don't win the league with the squad they'll have. They'll probably have a squad that cost about £400m.
Squad? Their first team alone will cost around £400 mill. Same goes for Man Utd actually due to the heavy investments made in Lukaku and Pogba. But City's squad will cost a lot more than Man Utd's.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
depends on PSG, but they are on course
There is also competition from AC Milan who are still in the market for a top striker and already spent over €200m.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
My grandad always used to tell me back in mid nineties and for most of the years leading up to his passing that one day the bubble would burst. Perhaps he's finally going to be proven correct.

cyberman

The bubble wont burst for a loooong time.
Live sport is becoming more and more important due to streaming services so expect the value to go up.
I can see tv companies paying over the odds but bundle an app with Sony for PS4 users to offset the cost or something similar.
English football will never stop growing, already Madrid and Barca have gone from approaching the elite stars to focusing on those ready to make the step up. That's a massive swing for such a subtle change.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
2 young strikers that Madrid have watched: Dolberg and Berardi (and the radio said Timo Werner too)

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Neymar is having doubts about the move to Paris due to intense lobbying from Barcelona players.

dichinero

City could end up spending over £150m just on full backs this summer :eek:
If we too sold 4 first team FBs in one summer, it would cost us that amount not only to replace them but upgrade. Personally, I don't see anything wrong in that.

Cal?

CR7 fan
My grandad always used to tell me back in mid nineties and for most of the years leading up to his passing that one day the bubble would burst. Perhaps he's finally going to be proven correct.
Alternatively in another decade it would be seen as a bargain like Ronaldo at 80m was.

Donut

Crazy thought, but seeing as Messi is 30, would Barcelona consider moving him on to get Neymar what he wants?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
2 young strikers that Madrid have watched: Dolberg and Berardi (and the radio said Timo Werner too)
Dolberg seems a bit overrated from what I've seen of him but Werner seems destined to be a star. Don't think Leipzig are gonna let him go, he has the potential to the face of the next generation of German football.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we too sold 4 first team FBs in one summer, it would cost us that amount not only to replace them but upgrade. Personally, I don't see anything wrong in that.
You don't think averaging around £50m a full back is insane? When our record is £28m for one?

They're paying around that for a reserve right back

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They'll probably have the problem of trying to integrate too many new players though.
The new signings for one thing, but then trying to work out an effective centre back combo, as well as what they're going to do to fit all the attackers in.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Neymar is having doubts about the move to Paris due to intense lobbying from Barcelona players.
Won't surprise me it the entire point was to strengthen his position so he could have a shiny new contract at the end of the season.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Won't surprise me it the entire point was to strengthen his position so he could have a shiny new contract at the end of the season.
What get's me is while MSN are sucking money out of the club other areas of the team are being woefully neglected.

ti vu

Why didn't City sign FB last summer? It's clear since Pellegrini last season that those positions (both wings) were upgradeable. Perhaps Pep thinks his philosophy can do miracle & prolong these outgoing fullbacks playing them as some weird narrow midfielder or as central defenders at one point or another during the past season?

Signing one or 2 back last summer would mean they can both get better value & in better negotiating position come this summer. Remember Dani Alves did move last summer with Pep was announced way before the transfer market window open.

Edit: Of course nothing wrong in buying players for the immediate need, even paying crazy market price.

Last edited: