g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Nick7

Here's the tweet

feck. I thought he was destined to go to Athletic Club.
His wikipedia has been updated already.

He spent the 2017/2018 season on loan at Newcastle, scoring 109 goals and contributing 62 assists. He also persuaded Rafa to bring back Big Shola, who then scored 37 goals to take the Golden Boot ahead of Harry Kane and Lukaku.

United Pro

Please do it. He's a more exciting prospect than Perisic. Would stop them selling Naby Keita to Liverpool too.
Is he? I haven't seen much of him, but he looks more like a CAM (I know he played LW last season). Technically solid playmaker, but not the quickest, so somewhat similar to Sigurdsson.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Please do it. He's a more exciting prospect than Perisic. Would stop them selling Naby Keita to Liverpool too.
It appears that RBL dont want to sell him either

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...l-forsberg-leipzig-liverpool-arsenal-10674248

This week the club’s CEO, Oliver Mintzlaff, ruled out selling either Forsberg or Naby Keita the all-action midfielder wanted by Liverpool, as RBL prepare for their European debut.

Mintzlaff said it would be “negligent” to sell either now, and took aim at Forsberg’s agent, Hasan Cetinkaya, reminding him that Forsberg has four years left on his deal and offering to send him a copy "if he's forgotten how long Emil is under contract here.”

Von Mistelroum

Not a huge fan. Doesn't have the pace, power and crossing of Perisic. Can't see why we'd go for him as an alternative.

Kapardin

"According to The Metro" was the first thing I saw
Closed the page.
You are right. I saw some Italian reports quoting it, but they linked back to the Mirror. The Mirror in turn linked to the Metro. Or something like that. Seems to be completely made up by one English paper just because Raiola became his agent.

VanGaalyTime

This could be why Roma are now bringing up Perisic every 30 seconds. I say go for Forsberg. He's a quality player available for around the same price and it will show clubs if they don't do deals at fair pricing that we'll simply walk away and deal with sensible teams. Also, buying Forsberg will allow them to keep Keita away from Liverpool.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
This could be why Roma are now bringing up Perisic every 30 seconds. I say go for Forsberg. He's a quality player available for around the same price and it will show clubs if they don't do deals at fair pricing that we'll simply walk away and deal with sensible teams. Also, buying Forsberg will allow them to keep Keita away from Liverpool.
I haven't seen the player, but I'm hoping this is the case.

VanGaalyTime

I haven't seen the player, but I'm hoping this is the case.
Very decent player who can operate as a 7, 11 or 10. Not as two footed as Perisic - prefers his right. But he's three years younger, and can play in almost all the front forward and midfield positions. Reminds me of De Bruyne.

Adnandos

Finally some news on us potentially doing things

If we are looking for a winger, we really should be in for Keita or Anderson from Lazio. Just better alternatives to Perisic in every way imo

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
"Some close to the situation are saying it’s because the European champions need to raise even more money to sign the French star, while others insist that is not true and that Real do not need cash".
How does that make sense? Is Delaney just saying that some journos are saying one thing while others are saying another, but here's my article where I give you no new information.

Round and round it goes. If you really read any number of transfer articles they really do just reference each other or repeat what some other said/report that some other entity is reporting something. which is why phrases like "no smoke without fire" or "multiple sources are reporting this" really mean very little.

VanGaalyTime

They are getting desperate to sell by the sounds of things.
Exactly. Although I don't like the waiting game, sometimes it allows clubs to realize that only United are interested in their player and that the player only wants go to United, hence they have to drop the price a bit. 40m should do it.