Transgender rights discussion

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Your

There's only 2. Your born male or Female. Tough. You can't make thing's up. Disgusting to pretend your otherwise.
Disgusting? Were you born with this disgust, was this disgust defined in your bones or did your brain make it up?

BEST No7

Inappropriate Behavior
Disgusting? Were you born with this disgust, was this disgust defined in your bones or did your brain make it up?
Brainwashed people like you, who thinks it's fine to champion something that's utterly wrong. The human race would cease to exist. Would you marry a transgender?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I can imagine best no7 in a bar asking girls for their x-rays, just so he's sure.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Weird to ask if someone would marry a transgender. If you fell in love with them, why not?

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Brainwashed people like you, who thinks it's fine to champion something that's utterly wrong. The human race would cease to exist. Would you marry a transgender?
Wait, the human race would cease to exist if society accommodated the tiny percentage of the population who identify as something other than the sex of their skeleton? You seem to have lost all sense of proportion.

"Brainwashed", "utterly wrong". These seem like value judgements that have no place in your entirely material definition of what constitutes a human. I don't think you've given your position much thought. You seem very angry and earnest though, which seems a bit presumptuous for what is essentially a bag of bones.

If I wasn't already married would I marry a transgender woman? I wouldn't say it was impossible but I honestly doubt it. Does it therefore follow that they have no right to exist? Seems a bit arrogant to assume control of another's life and choices because of my personal predilections. Smells a lot like vanity.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Is a decent solution not to just split the terminology into two?

The vast, vast majority of human beings are either biologically male or female, so let's called that their birth sex.

How they identify, feel, who they find attractive, what they want etc let's call gender.

Then just change the laws to say you can't discriminate by sex or gender, and boom, problem solved?

J K Rowling et al can continue to say there are only two biological sexes, and everyone else can say there are as many genders as needed to be inclusive of all (and for bigots to hate).

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance

The vast, vast majority of human beings are either biologically male or female, so let's called that their birth sex.

How they identify, feel, who they find attractive, what they want etc let's call gender.

Then just change the laws to say you can't discriminate by sex or gender, and boom, problem solved?

J K Rowling et al can continue to say there are only two biological sexes, and everyone else can say there are as many genders as needed to be inclusive of all (and for bigots to hate).
That has already been a thing

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

But what happens when someone of another gender wants acess to same sex spaces which they are traditionally excluded from? Like say, here in Denmark, in swimhalls you HAVE to shower naked without any privacy before you go in. I dont think many women would appreciate the rules being loosened so a transwoman with a pair testicles and a penis can shower with them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think conservatives have massively overestimated this culture war. Especially around the topic of genders.

There is a very intense argument online between the opposing factions on trans issues but if you speak to people that aren’t “very online” they don’t seem to have much of a clue about it and are generally of the opinion that they couldn’t care less how trans people live and basically leave them get on with it.

So the idea that the parties on the right are going to bring this to elections as key issues and somehow that’s going to ignite their base seems fanciful at best.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
But what happens when someone of another gender wants acess to same sex spaces which they are traditionally excluded from? Like say, here in Denmark, in swimhalls you HAVE to shower naked without any privacy before you go in. I dont think many women would appreciate the rules being loosened so a transwoman with a pair testicles and a penis can shower with them.
Maybe Denmark should stop being so pervy and let folks have a little privacy before going for a swim.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think conservatives have massively overestimated this culture war. Especially around the topic of genders.

There is a very intense argument online between the opposing factions on trans issues but if you speak to people that aren’t “very online” they don’t seem to have much of a clue about it and are generally of the opinion that they couldn’t care less how trans people live and basically leave them get on with it.

So the idea that the parties on the right are going to bring this to elections as key issues and somehow that’s going to ignite their base seems fanciful at best.
Culture war is all the Tories have left. They have nothing else to offer. Their record in power is just so bad. That’s why they’re spewing out so many provocative policies that are directly aligned with “always online” hot topics. Refugee boats, paedophile gangs and now this trans stuff.

I think you’re probably right in that they’re overestimating how much “normal” people care about all this shit but it’s all they have left to offer, so they’re going all in. It’s absolutely insane to watch it happen. Almost surreal.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Maybe Denmark should stop being so pervy and let folks have a little privacy before going for a swim.
It’s the same in Iceland. I was told that the weird fetish for personal hygiene via naked peer pressure was down to the occasional filthy loner who would use a public bath after spending the winter in isolation, without bothering to wash themself at all. They have big diagrams in the shower rooms before you can enter the baths, reminding you to scrub your cock and balls.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I seem to recall it being similar in Canada, too.
No idea, i didnt really think about it untill my uk visiting female cousins expressed aversion to our customs before going in for a swim.

stepic

the stupidest part is that if you force trans men to use women's spaces, then you essentially allow all men access. which is ironically the exact fear based nonsense terfs go on about.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
the stupidest part is that if you force trans men to use women's spaces, then you essentially allow all men access. which is ironically the exact fear based nonsense terfs go on about.
I can easily see that bloke in the tweet entering a woman's bathroom and the husband of a woman inside trying to stop him. Tensions rise, you'll have fights outside bathrooms.

The cynical in me thinks these lawmakers really want to create some chaos, which will essentially result in violence, so they can pass even harsher laws against transgender folks.

NotThatSoph

Bari Weiss' The Free Press has published yet another harrowing tale about medical overreach, written by Emily Yoffe: ‘I Felt Bullied’: Mother of Child Treated at Transgender Center Speaks Out

The story is that a woman's 14 year old son is put on puberty blockers. The result was a "devastating decline in his mental and physical health" and school grades in free fall. The mother demanded that the treatment was stopped, but the doctors disagreed. The article also includes an interview with the son, who is called Casey for privacy. .

In reality, Casey is called Alex and goes by either they/them or she/her. After the publication, Alex felt the need to tell their own story in a 10 part Twitter thread, because they were disgusted by Yoffe and their mom, and surprisingly the picture differs.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Bari Weiss' The Free Press has published yet another harrowing tale about medical overreach, written by Emily Yoffe: ‘I Felt Bullied’: Mother of Child Treated at Transgender Center Speaks Out

The story is that a woman's 14 year old son is put on puberty blockers. The result was a "devastating decline in his mental and physical health" and school grades in free fall. The mother demanded that the treatment was stopped, but the doctors disagreed. The article also includes an interview with the son, who is called Casey for privacy. .

In reality, Casey is called Alex and goes by either they/them or she/her. After the publication, Alex felt the need to tell their own story in a 10 part Twitter thread, because they were disgusted by Yoffe and their mom, and surprisingly the picture differs.

Bari Weiss is quite simply a bad person. That’s all there is to her.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

They are quite articulate.

Some of the replies are absolutely infuriating.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay

What, this Emily Yoffe?

"College Women: Stop Getting Drunk," reads the title of a Wednesday piece by Slate's Emily Yoffe. "It’s closely associated with sexual assault," the headline continues. "And yet we’re reluctant to tell women to stop doing it."

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
If your partner sat you down tomorrow and said that they had been born a different gender, would you leave them?

I’m not mature enough to go on further dates with someone I was attracted to, if they told me that they were a pre op transsexual. I’d struggle if they were post op. That’s on me. I’m 40 and don’t think I could wrap my head around it and that feels uncomfortably comfortable.

But if my current partner told me that they were born a man, I think I’d have it within me to carry on loving them, Fcuking them and living a life with them.

Drawing binary lines in the way that you do, makes you sound so stunted. It’s just love and sex and identity and it doesn’t sound like you have a command of your own place in the world.