Television True Detective: Night Country | Season 4 | FINALE SPOILERS

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I wish I had finished season 3 before it was taken off NowTV. This new one looks good too though.

Brophs

The One and Only
Are they still doing the whole quirky casting thing? This seasons stars are….Michael J. Fox and Jack Sugden from Emmerdale.

Chairman Steve

I‘ll check this out but I’m apprehensive about how good it’s actually going to be. I don’t really trust media critic reviews these days either. The pessimist in me is thinking Jodie Foster will act great but the supporting cast will suck and/or the story will suck.

And like I said previously, it’ll make you want to rewatch Silence of the Lambs which is a superior ‘True Detective starring Jodie Foster’ vehicle.

Swedish_Plumber

Why would you bother to cast fecking Jodie foster with such a shite co-lead :( First episode was intriguing overall though. Will stick with it as it has potential to be more exciting than the 3rd season which I quite liked.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Getting one ep per week here in Germany.

Like the setting in general but the first episode didn‘t blew me away.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I thought it was pretty great. Suitably creepy, solid work from Foster as always and a few nods to the original (Lone Star :drool:).

I like the setting but the animal CGI wasn't all that impressive and I'm a little surprised that they seem to be leaning into the supernatural so much compared to the 1st and 2nd seasons (didn't finish the 3rd so I'm not sure how that compares). Good start.

Castia

First ep is getting good reviews. I didn’t bother with season 2 and 3 but might try this one.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The cgi reindeers were so bad.

it’s good, though. But I think more intriguing than riveting so far. It’s leaning very heavy on the supernatural elements too.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Pretty bummed about the supernatural stuff being already omnipresent tbh. Let’s see how this is going though.

Also thought the background music was kinda bad at times and distracting.

edit: shall we spoiler stuff (re supernatural for example)?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm not sure about it yet. Feels more ‘Fargo-y’.

I don’t know what that means either…
Interesting - I've been watching Fargo the past week or so and I was mentally comparing them in my mind while watching the first episode of TD last night, and was thinking they were so different. TD is so straight faced and serious, where Fargo is often quirky and fun - absurd, but fun.

Anyway, the 1st episode of TD was ok, though I think it night be better to just watch all the episodes once they've been released. It set the stage fine, but it's a bit early to say. The setting is cool.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Interesting - I've been watching Fargo the past week or so and I was mentally comparing them in my mind while watching the first episode of TD last night, and was thinking they were so different. TD is so straight faced and serious, where Fargo is often quirky and fun - absurd, but fun.

Anyway, the 1st episode of TD was ok, though I think it night be better to just watch all the episodes once they've been released. It set the stage fine, but it's a bit early to say. The setting is cool.
I think in my simple mind: cold + crime mystery = Fargo. Plus they leaned into some sort of spiritual stuff early which reminds me of Fargo.

I guess True Detective had mystical elements from the start in retrospect.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
It takes amazing double-think skill to read the thread without noticing/remembering the spoilers. One word did shoot out at me though. Supernatural. Please don't let this be true

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
I think in my simple mind: cold + crime mystery = Fargo. Plus they leaned into some sort of spiritual stuff early which reminds me of Fargo.

I guess True Detective had mystical elements from the start in retrospect.
It did but S1 - the benchmark for this series - really only did it at the very end of the last episode. And even then it could be interpreted in different ways. Haven’t finished S3 still yet but I don‘t remember any supernatural stuff in S2. Would hate if they leaned onto that aspect as strong as S4 started out so far - hope they can somewhat contain it in a serious manner.

Supernatural stuff also ruined „The Terror“ series for me which statted out really great up until that point.

wr8_utd

:'(
Only seen 20 mins of the new episode but this switch to the supernatural isn't something I completely dislike. I'm enjoying the whole Arctic winter setting.

Ace Krampus

The setting is great. Was it filmed in Alaska? Such a mad place to live.
I have a friend who lives up there now, she's in the Coast Guard and that's where they stuck her. 5'2 Mexican chick from Los Angeles, seems like a bad fit!

As far as the show, eh. I'll keep watching for now. We'll see how much of it just drills in on Jodie Foster being an out of touch racist and being moralized to by cheek piercings

lsd

The Oracle
After the last season actually looking promising compared to season 2 but then having one of the worst endings I've ever seen i will hold off on this until i learn more.