Television True Detective | Season 2 Spoilers

Cina

Apparently each season will tell its own, unique story and have unique characters.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Apparently each season will tell its own, unique story and have unique characters.
Including the main characters I assume? Interesting.

Will definitely give the show some legs; I think that the 'detective' genre is one of the most susceptible to losing quality with each new season as there's huge expectation for the new mystery plot to be greater than the last.

Cina

Including the main characters I assume? Interesting.

Will definitely give the show some legs; I think that the 'detective' genre is one of the most susceptible to losing quality with each new season as there's huge expectation for the new mystery plot to be greater than the last.
Yep, although there's a few things noting around that it could be similar to American Horror Story in that it keeps the same cast but they play new characters each season. I doubt Mc Conaughy will stick around though, not given his current success.

Sally Cinnamon

From what I've seen so far in the opening episode, and from what I've read about the series, it's going to be more of a character study than anything else, you get the impression the characters are of more importance than the plot itself. No doubt the story will play out brilliantly too though.

Maybe the most gripping pilot I've seen. Instantly hooked.

Ivor Ballokov

Good start indeed, we always knew the acting would be excellent but it seems to have strong direction and production making it visually good too which bodes well. Definitely moody but also quite funny in parts.

A little thing I noticed that may come up during the season
In the current timeline Woody is not wearing his wedding ring

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I thought it was a little bit slow but I guess that's all to do with building the characters. It wasn't bad but definitely not great and I expected a bit more.
Obviously I will carry on watching it

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
This series is also an interesting insight into where HBO is heading. A-List actors with a respected young feature director doing an 11 hour film. Tarantino has talked a lot about how he'd like to move into well funded miniseries to allow him to write longer scripts.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Thought it was excellent.

Harrelson and McConaughey's got the tension spot on. Their exchanges are brilliant.

Loved the tempo of it. Quite a contrast to so many other shows that gets the pace all wrong, often resulting in things happening with characters you barely know the name of, let alone care about.

This is going to be great, me thinks.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I like how layered it is, there are many subplots which don't always come across smoothly in television without excellent writing & performances. And being a mini series style means writers can employ great actors on a temporary gig that won't cramp their film careers. Reminds me of how Damages made the most of well known actors from season to season.

Only small complaint I'd have is that the supporting cast is not really pulling their weight, IMO. Even Woody seems a bit underwritten or at least he appears a bit of a stereotype in the early goings.

Brophs

The One and Only
That's one of the best first episodes to a show that I've seen. The acting is brilliant and the pacing is just right to draw you in completely.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Anyone know when this starts on Sky Atlantic? Hopefully it's not a long wait.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

February 22
Ugh. I was hoping they would broadcast shows within a couple of weeks of their US air date, not over a month later! Did the same with Boardwalk Empire too.

Leg-End

Jesus fecking Christ, I honestly don't know what was better, the episode or them tits.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Jesus fecking Christ, I honestly don't know what was better, the episode or them tits.
Agreed.

This show is extremely promising. My question would be how is the show gonna deal with losing a character as riveting as Cohle, assuming McConnaughy leaves at the end of the season. Harrelson is interesting, but it's ultimately McConnaughy that is holding my interest

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
My understanding is that the main characters will change from season to season. So I think both Harrelson & McConnaughy will be gone. Plus, the writing & direction are big characters in the series as well

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Top class, this.

Who would've thought McConaughey had that performance in him? One of the best characters in a tv-show in years.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
How much does Rust look like Quinn from Dexter?

Obviously a far better character.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
How much does Rust look like Quinn from Dexter?

Obviously a far better character.
Yes!

I was wondering who he reminded me of and it's been eating me up since i watched this show! Even the way he speaks is like Quinn.