Television True Detective | Season 2 Spoilers

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
It was an amazing start to a series. Second episode slowly builds up the rest of the plot and it is looking like another HBO classic.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I've seen a few persons around the web criticize the slow pacing of the show - surely this is what sets it apart and makes it so enjoyable?

The conversations between Hart and Cohle, the delving into their respective characters, I think it really builds up the tension and the sense of mystery. And I can't see the plot in itself being the stars, it's Hart and Cohle, surely? Loved the exchange between the two of them in the locker room.

Decotron

I've seen a few persons around the web criticize the slow pacing of the show - surely this is what sets it apart and makes it so enjoyable?

The conversations between Hart and Cohle, the delving into their respective characters, I think it really builds up the tension and the sense of mystery. And I can't see the plot in itself being the stars, it's Hart and Cohle, surely? Loved the exchange between the two of them in the locker room.
The likes of Criminal Minds and CSI and all of that shite have people ruined.

By default people then expect a beginning, middle and an end to each episode.

In summary this show is fantastic and people are idiots.

Also that poor girl is gona suffer with some serious back problems in later life. mmmmmm

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I like both. I find myself intrigued by his whole development. How the hell did he end up in his 2012 state, after already, seemingly, getting over most of his demons in 95? It's a truly fascinating show on the evidence of the first two episodes.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
I like both. I find myself intrigued by his whole development. How the hell did he end up in his 2012 state, after already, seemingly, getting over most of his demons in 95? It's a truly fascinating show on the evidence of the first two episodes.
Has he got over his demons in 1995? Judging by the hallucinations and his general living arrangement, not to mention his drinking resurfacing, I'd say he's barely holding it together and this case is going to bring down the house.

Sally Cinnamon

Aye, he's clearly still struggling big time in '95.

I'm already dying for the new episodes for this as much as I was in Breaking Bad's final stretch. I tried not to, but I just caved in and took a peek at the episode 3 preview, looks like some serious madness is going down.

Keenst

Loving this. The dark mood and atmosphere is great, the story is intriguing and the actors are top quality. The direction and cinematography are up there with the best I've seen in a tv drama. Hopefully it can keep it up!

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
“....And like a lot of dreams, there's a monster at the end of it"

fecking hell, that final scene is chilling. Absolutely can't imagine this show without Ruste, how can you match this level of brilliance?

Lynk

Potentially massive spoiler here, so look away if you don't want to hear this theory

The guy on the lawnmower at the former school will be the killer. The actor who plays him is Remus on Boardwalk Empire, and is listed to appear in three episodes. This one and the final 2. The mark on one of the victims back was done with a heavily gloved finger, and "the green spaghetti monster" ties in with him working that job. He also mentions that he works for the Church, the same church he went to with Dora Lange.

Sally Cinnamon

It's absolutely immense.

About a minute into the latest episode and it was already fecking brilliant - Rust beating the grief into the religious group, "what do you think the average IQ of this group is, huh?...... I think it's safe to say nobody's gonna be splitting the atom, Marty". That whole conversation was great.

Rust is amazing. The date :lol:

Just read it's not on for another 2 weeks, ffs.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Great episode.

It's absolutely immense.

About a minute into the latest episode and it was already fecking brilliant - Rust beating the grief into the religious group, "what do you think the average IQ of this group is, huh?...... I think it's safe to say nobody's gonna be splitting the atom, Marty". That whole conversation was great.
:lol: That conversation was brilliantly done.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Kohle is brilliant. It's hard to see HBO introducing a better character than him when MM leaves. I'll go as far as saying that he's my favorite character on TV right now, with the GoT ones included.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Potentially massive spoiler here, so look away if you don't want to hear this theory

The guy on the lawnmower at the former school will be the killer. The actor who plays him is Remus on Boardwalk Empire, and is listed to appear in three episodes. This one and the final 2. The mark on one of the victims back was done with a heavily gloved finger, and "the green spaghetti monster" ties in with him working that job. He also mentions that he works for the Church, the same church he went to with Dora Lange.
I hope not. That would be horribly cliché although the scene did have a definite whiff of chekhovs gun about it.

Leg-End

"Who walks that fecking slow?"

It's gonna be a long 2 weeks waiting for it again.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I guess it's pretty much inevitable but if the show has a weakness it's that Rust is an infinitely more compelling character than Marty.

It's interesting that they're pushing Marty more as the dick the further we go into the show.

Cina

I guess it's pretty much inevitable but if the show has a weakness it's that Rust is an infinitely more compelling character than Marty.

It's interesting that they're pushing Marty more as the dick the further we go into the show.
I'm not sure I'd call it a weakness, I think he's clearly supposed to be more compelling, at the start you see Marty as the great religious, family man and Kohle as an unsocial outcast but as you go along you realize that the former is actually a far more immoral character than the latter. it works well.

Another great episode, it does very much remind me of The Wire in a lot of ways. At its base it's a crime show about catching bad guys, but the pacing, directing, acting, characters and dialogue elevate it far beyond that level. It's superb.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Another good thing is that it's not that important that we get a satisfactory resolution to the case. I mean, I don't care who did it.

Cina

yeah the case is more of a means to an end than anything else at this stage. That said, it's possible that it'll come to the forefront far more in the next few episodes and become far more central. That ending was fantastic.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm not sure I'd call it a weakness, I think he's clearly supposed to be more compelling, at the start you see Marty as the great religious, family man and Kohle as an unsocial outcast but as you go along you realize that the former is actually a far more immoral character than the latter. it works well.

Another great episode, it does very much remind me of The Wire in a lot of ways. At its base it's a crime show about catching bad guys, but the pacing, directing, acting, characters and dialogue elevate it far beyond that level. It's superb.
Weakness is maybe the wrong word but it's pretty much the Matthew McConaghy show at the moment.

Yeah the way they're playing on that moral split makes me suspect the old switcheroo at some point.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Another good thing is that it's not that important that we get a satisfactory resolution to the case. I mean, I don't care who did it.
I'm more interested to know why they're both being questioned about this new murder which obviously will tie in with what we'll learn about the resolution of the old case.

Cina

Oh and I missed it myself but apparently in the last scene you can spot one of those wooden triangle things in the background, or so a lot of people are saying.

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't think the guy
on the lawnmower will be the killer. Given that we saw what I presume is Ledoux in the final scene, holding a blade or machete or something, and with one of those little triangle things in the background. Though I suppose the way he stopped and looked at it might mean that he is only seeing it for the first time and there's something else going on.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I don't think the guy
on the lawnmower will be the killer. Given that we saw what I presume is Ledoux in the final scene, holding a blade or machete or something, and with one of those little triangle things in the background. Though I suppose the way he stopped and looked at it might mean that he is only seeing it for the first time and there's something else going on.
I think we pretty much know it wasn't Ledoux though, or not just him at least. In the current day interview thing in one of the first two episodes they were talking about how there had been another similar murder since they got yer man.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Oh and I missed it myself but apparently in the last scene you can spot one of those wooden triangle things in the background, or so a lot of people are saying.
Yeah it's in the foreground.

This show is so brilliant. That final shot was more terrifying then anything I've seen in a horror movie since I don't know when.

Castia

Loving this show so far. So does Cole end up banging Marty's wife or what?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Loving this show so far. So does Cole end up banging Marty's wife or what?
Well Harrelson is not wearing his wedding ring in the present day.

I wonder how pissed gonna by the end of the show btw? He's knocked back at least 4 cans of Lone Star and started on the whisky already.

Lynk

Well Harrelson is not wearing his wedding ring in the present day.

I wonder how pissed gonna by the end of the show btw? He's knocked back at least 4 cans of Lone Star and started on the whisky already.
By the time episode 8 comes around he'll be blocked out entirely by the stacks of lonestar.