Trump Coronavirus (CV in US Politics)

Josep Dowling

There's still something wrong about stooping to their level, becoming the very thing you hate.

I'll still write tongue in cheek posts on here though.
Some of the laughable clips that have been shown on the news. Mocking people for wearing masks. Even his entire entourage of people didn’t wear masks for the debate when it was required. Don’t wish for anyone to die but he’s been a total moron on COVID since day one. It will sadly serve him right.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
both were in "good spirits" when it was announced. I have repeated this a number of times on this thread, but Johnson's condition deteriorated much slower, he is 18 years younger and probably weighs less. Heck Johnson was giving video updates before he got hospitalized
Still following a similar pattern with Trump though. Usual lack of WH transparency as always, treating the American people like chumps.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Apparently W was rushed to the hospital, but that was pre-social media.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
If he dies, cue the conspiracy theories - from QAnon and sundry - about "Deep State" agents deliberately infecting him.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Would love to see some version of white smoke coming from the roof of the White House.

kidbob

As much as I’d like to celebrate I fear for the impact on the country if he gets taken down by this. He’d become a martyr and the GOP would clean up in November.

He needs to be beaten in the election. Then he has permission to die.
Yep, thats the reason I hope he pulls through. Last thing needed is for him to be martyred and have his actions while alive being glossed over.

What's ironic here is that, because his term has been marred by dishonesty you can't trust any updates coming from the White House. America could be facing into chaos while being told he has mild symptoms.

DavidDeSchmikes

If he dies, he will get full military honours, state funeral and a total white washing via CNN, MSNBC and CBS.
The year is 2028, President Alex Jones is 100 days into his presidency, Washington Post runs an article citing how "America misses the decency and integrity of the Trump presidency"

DavidDeSchmikes

Here's the short White House statement on the president going to hospital

“President Trump remains in good spirts, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day.

"Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days.

"President Trump appreciates the outpouring of support for both he and the First Lady.”

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
The White house has first class medical facilities - including an operating theatre. If that's being deemed insufficient, and he's now being transferred to a hospital, that's another sign that this could be very serious.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yep, it pains me to say it but we need him to live.

Until December.
Yep, I don’t think people realise what a shit show it will be if he snuffs it. I know it’s a mad comparison but it will be like when dictators are removed, it leaves a power vacuum which is toxic in combination with the high emotions and the fear and the hate and the conspiracies that will be rife among his base.

Talking of conspiracies, here is one that you will definitely see soon: “Trump is subject to an assassination attempt by the deep state, this isn’t coronavirus, it’s effecting him far too quickly”.

Deery

Dreary
Given his age, weight and lifestyle it could very well be serious.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
As much as I’d like to celebrate I fear for the impact on the country if he gets taken down by this. He’d become a martyr and the GOP would clean up in November.

He needs to be beaten in the election. Then he has permission to die.
Just don’t see the undecideds (or what’s left of them) being swayed by the martyr tactic. It’s definitely in the realm of possible, but hopefully those voters will see his death as preventable, just like a large chunk of the 210Ks’ deaths would have been.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I would rather he survives and gets beaten at the polls.

Wolverine

My guess is they're taking him to the hospital for diagnostic reasons, probably blood work and imaging. Probably a CT scan.
The experimental stuff doesn't surprise me, his team sounds like the woo woo junk science believing type.

He's certainly exhibiting the early signs of the type of covid infection most people who become unwell with it show early on. We haven't even got to the hyperinflammatory phase yet though (around day 7-10) which is where things can get really bad in some.