g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tuchel & Bayern interested in Casemiro

MegadrivePerson

Depends what kind of head was on those younger legs, surely?
Of course, but we have him, Eriksen and Fernades all of a similar age. The three of them will struggle next season if they are expected to play League and Champions League games back to back.

Bear in mind that the following season the Champions league is being extended too to eight group games.

Jaae

Not ITK
Casemiro isn't someone who has a "good run of form", he's been crucial for Madrid's spectacular success and also for our season (if you thought that was just a flash in the pan or something). If it wasn't for him, we'd never have had that run of form during the mid season and he's been our most important player overall. Sure, you might argue that Lissandro has been equally or more important, but there is very little separating the two on the impact they've had on us.

You sound like an oppo. In what flying feck reality universe are his red cards justified? Him holding a Crystal Palace player by the collar is red when CP players were throwing actual punches?
Stopped reading here. Your lack of composure in debating and your wild exaggerations show me you’re not worth discussing football with.

Do yourself a favour and try reading your post back tomorrow with a clear head.

Lost bear

Of course, but we have him, Eriksen and Fernades all of a similar age. The three of them will struggle next season if they are expected to play League and Champions League games back to back.

Bear in mind that the following season the Champions league is being extended too to eight group games.
Ok, that’s very true and I agree it is liable to bite us in a couple of years, at most, if we don’t prepare. Just wanted to point out that young legs on their own don’t always help, a point I see now you clearly understand.

Rockets Redglare

This would be fantastic.

You see how ten Hag wants to play, and how he had Ajax playing, and Casemiro will never be a fit. He needs everyone - even the CBs - to be comfortable under pressure to play out from any situation, and Casemiro is one of our worst players under pressure. He's lightweight, can't shield the ball can't carry it, hoofs it to the opposition, routinely fails short passes. We're never going to be what ten Hag wants with him in the team.

Unfortunately, though, this isn't likely.

You’ve repeated this drivel since he played his first game.

Sviken

Stopped reading here. Your lack of composure in debating and your wild exaggerations show me you’re not worth discussing football with.

Do yourself a favour and try reading your post back tomorrow with a clear head.
Just explain to me on what metric do you think those red cards are justified, based on rules or not, and I'll shut up. Just try to explain that, nothing else.

NLunited

If a big club like Bayern wants him, who are we to say no?

Sure, he has been one of our most important players, but he is trying too hard.

He is getting suspensions because he is covering up mistakes by others.

If there are no consequences to mistakes our younger players make, how are they to learn?

It is best if we let Casemiro go, and not let a high transfer fee get in the way.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Both of his red cards were wrongly given
They definitely could have went either way and you can’t have many complaints they went against him. Yes he got the ball but his foot went over the top of the ball and could have done some serious damage, all from a lunging tackle he made off the ground. VAR isn’t consistent is what the issue is as the one the other day was the exact same but nothing given (maybe worse).
Grabbing a player by the throat is what they give reds for nowadays, used to be you could do it and get a telling off but they’ve tightened up the rules on physical contact like that.
Again both could have went the other way and in my opinion are harsh.

AbusementPark

If there are no consequences to mistakes our younger players make, how are they to learn?

It is best if we let Casemiro go, and not let a high transfer fee get in the way.
I don’t agree on letting him go unless we have a replacement lined up, it’s been around 7/8 years since we last had a defensive midfielder of any use, world class one at that. Depending on the money being offered, if we do have someone to come in and he wants to go then I’d say keep him. It’s no surprise we’ve struggled when he’s been out of the team, he’s years still left in him for us.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

We are also a big club that he was more than happy to join after spending years at the biggest club in the world. Bayern do not have any upper hand in this.

Neither of his red cards resulted from him covering up mistakes of others BTW.

Red00012

People wanting to sell Casemiro :lol:
some people deserve Fred and McTominay for a midfield pairing next season

NLunited

I don’t agree on letting him go unless we have a replacement lined up, it’s been around 7/8 years since we last had a defensive midfielder of any use, world class one at that. Depending on the money being offered, if we do have someone to come in and he wants to go then I’d say keep him. It’s no surprise we’ve struggled when he’s been out of the team, he’s years still left in him for us.
We are also a big club that he was more than happy to join after spending years at the biggest club in the world. Bayern do not have any upper hand in this.

Neither of his red cards resulted from him covering up mistakes of others BTW.
I was trolling. Casemiro is one of our best players. When he gets older he can become a squad player and remain important in the dressing room.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Do not want. Not that he's a bad player, but he certainly wouldn't come cheap and i think we need to invest that kind of money in someone younger.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This would be fantastic.

You see how ten Hag wants to play, and how he had Ajax playing, and Casemiro will never be a fit. He needs everyone - even the CBs - to be comfortable under pressure to play out from any situation, and Casemiro is one of our worst players under pressure. He's lightweight, can't shield the ball can't carry it, hoofs it to the opposition, routinely fails short passes. We're never going to be what ten Hag wants with him in the team.

Unfortunately, though, this isn't likely.
Out of all of your points, this is the most laughable, although there are a few close contenders in that absolute mess of a paragraph.

He put a couple of perfectly weighted, defence-splitting passes on a plate for our attackers today. His long range passing has been quality for most of this season. A couple of rusty performances after returning from suspension seems to have altered your memory.

Are you sure you didn't mean to post this in the Mctominay thread?

Spaghetti

Mom's
They definitely could have went either way and you can’t have many complaints they went against him. Yes he got the ball but his foot went over the top of the ball and could have done some serious damage, all from a lunging tackle he made off the ground. VAR isn’t consistent is what the issue is as the one the other day was the exact same but nothing given (maybe worse).
Grabbing a player by the throat is what they give reds for nowadays, used to be you could do it and get a telling off but they’ve tightened up the rules on physical contact like that.
Again both could have went the other way and in my opinion are harsh.
He didn’t though, did he. He was holding his shirt, VAR gave an extremely manipulative view.

The one over the ball was barely a free kick. Apparently studs up to the face with enough power to draw blood (Jota on Skipp) is better.

AbusementPark

He didn’t though, did he. He was holding his shirt, VAR gave an extremely manipulative view.

The one over the ball was barely a free kick. Apparently studs up to the face with enough power to draw blood (Jota on Skipp) is better.
Not sure if you’re trolling or not but the one over the ball he launches himself at the ball and its dangerous play. Yes he wins the ball, well the top of the ball, it’s the follow through action that could have snapped a leg very easily. If he slides in rather than jumping at the ball then it would be very harsh.
The one against Palace is harsh but he has both hands at his throat at one point and is why he got given a red card.

Both could’ve went either way but didn’t, as VAR has shown terrible inconsistency on these all season. Even yesterday Jota should have been sent off for a high boot and studs showing, highlights how poor the application of the rules are.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Not sure if you’re trolling or not but the one over the ball he launches himself at the ball and its dangerous play. Yes he wins the ball, well the top of the ball, it’s the follow through action that could have snapped a leg very easily. If he slides in rather than jumping at the ball then it would be very harsh.
The one against Palace is harsh but he has both hands at his throat at one point and is why he got given a red card.

Both could’ve went either way but didn’t, as VAR has shown terrible inconsistency on these all season. Even yesterday Jota should have been sent off for a high boot and studs showing, highlights how poor the application of the rules are.
But it didn’t. He scraped the player’s shin pad. And this tackle happens every single week without punishment. Mitoma did a much worse one on De Gea last week (didn’t even get the ball first) and he had already been booked yet didn’t get sent off.

This tackle happens in 90% of Premier League games that I watch, and as I don’t live in England I can watch every game!

AbusementPark

But it didn’t. He scraped the player’s shin pad. And this tackle happens every single week without punishment. Mitoma did a much worse one on De Gea last week (didn’t even get the ball first) and he had already been booked yet didn’t get sent off.

This tackle happens in 90% of Premier League games that I watch, and as I don’t live in England I can watch every game!
It was the jumping into the tackle that got the red card, I’ve said it was harsh and could have went either way but didn’t as has happened to our players this season. There is no consistency in the refereeing, due to being different refs each game but would VAR should be the black and white between the grey.

Spaghetti

Mom's
It was the jumping into the tackle that got the red card, I’ve said it was harsh and could have went either way but didn’t as has happened to our players this season. There is no consistency in the refereeing, due to being different refs each game but would VAR should be the black and white between the grey.
Seems consistent to me:

- get the ball, slightly touch the player =red
- miss the ball, take out the player = nothing

AbusementPark

Seems consistent to me:

- get the ball, slightly touch the player =red
- miss the ball, take out the player = nothing
The fact we have differing opinions shows there is no consistency in how the tackle was perceived. He left the ground and launched into a tackle, whatever way you look at the one decision on its own merits you can say it’s dangerous, luckily he got the ball but went over the top with the follow through.

Spaghetti

Mom's
The fact we have differing opinions shows there is no consistency in how the tackle was perceived. He left the ground and launched into a tackle, whatever way you look at the one decision on its own merits you can say it’s dangerous, luckily he got the ball but went over the top with the follow through.
Wasn’t it in the same game where one of their players got the ball, took Garnacho out in the follow through and put him out for the season? We got a corner.

If you get sent off for things that could be dangerous, we would have no players left by the end of the match. Except Sancho, probably.

justsomebloke

He gets unfairly treated by the refs here and will continue to do so, you do wonder if the early magic has worn off because he has been poor for a while now. He might be tempted.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Given what we're reading these days about the relationship between big La Liga clubs and La Liga refs, could it possibly be that he was rather getting away with things he shouldn't be getting away with during all those years in Madrid?

NLunited

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Given what we're reading these days about the relationship between big La Liga clubs and La Liga refs, could it possibly be that he was rather getting away with things he shouldn't be getting away with during all those years in Madrid?
The red cards he got were not nailed on red cards. The first, he was holding the player‘s shirt collar and frigging hugging him after.

The second could be red, but was accidental albeit a bit reckless.

We‘ve had red card fouls against us causing injuries that didn‘t even get a yellow.

You can‘t have a team full of cute teddybears. You need a couple of feisty characters. Casemiro tackles hard but doesn‘t purposely injure people (correct me if I‘m wrong).

I‘m sure Casemiro got some preferential treatment that comes with being part of an absolute top team.

That used to be us in PL, but now it is City. Hopefully that will change soon.

justsomebloke

The red cards he got were not nailed on red cards. The first, he was holding the player‘s shirt collar and frigging hugging him after.

The second could be red, but was accidental albeit a bit reckless.

We‘ve had red card fouls against us causing injuries that didn‘t even get a yellow.

You can‘t have a team full of cute teddybears. You need a couple of feisty characters. Casemiro tackles hard but doesn‘t purposely injure people (correct me if I‘m wrong).

I‘m sure Casemiro got some preferential treatment that comes with being part of an absolute top team.

That used to be us in PL, but now it is City. Hopefully that will change soon.
A couple of debatable decisions is hardly reason to argue he's being unfairly treated though. My thought was, if he's been used to the line being drawn in a certain place for many years in Madrid, and now finds it's being drawn in a different place, it must be frustrating, and difficult to judge. And if there is such a difference, then I think it's a good deal more plausible that it's due to preferential treatment in Spain than him being victimised in England.

Real Name

Didnt know Yagami brigade is so strong. Few bad games and number of posters want him gone. Mental.

Real Name

If Bayern offer most of what we paid for him I would take it.

A number of his performances in the last few months suggest that his legs are going and that he doesn't have long left at the very top level.

Id be tempted to cash in and bring in Moisés Caicedo to replace him.
:lol:

Incredible.

Wing Attack Plan R

Where's the white text?

Appletonred

5 times CL winner with a winners mentality, still a great player and along with Rashford has been a standout performer for most of the season, he is on a long contract for a reason!

lex talionis

I'll never forget the post on a recent matchday thread that opined that the rumors were affecting Casemiro's play.