g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tuchel & Bayern interested in Casemiro

Real Name

It's a phrase used to describe players when they are unable to keep up with other players on the pitch anymore.

When was the last time he actually played really well? he's had more bad games than good in the second half of the season. If Fred or Mctominay had played like he did last night they would be getting lamented.
So he's not of form a bit, his legs are gone, you're an expert in players' legs going?

Fred and McTominay would get lamented yes, cause they're not half the players Casemiro is.

Real Name

So we lack quality midfielders and will probably need to buy 2. With one or 2 mids complimenting Casemiro he'll shine again.
Yet some posters are willing to sell him.

Mental.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I will say it again,

A number of his performances in the last few months suggest that his legs are going and that he doesn't have long left at the very top level.

When was the last time he actually played really well?
Aston Villa on Sunday.

el3mel

I will sell. We got a good season out from him but he's not getting any younger. Use the money to invest in better long term options.

United should stop becoming the retirement house of Madrid legends.

crossy1686

career ending
How about not selling one of our best midfielders? He's the glue that holds us together. We'd be languishing if we didn't sign him over the summer.

el3mel

So he's not of form a bit, his legs are gone, you're an expert in players' legs going?

Fred and McTominay would get lamented yes, cause they're not half the players Casemiro is.
We shouldn't wait till he's completely washed out before we get rid of him. That's why we suck at clearing the squad.

Madrid knew when to sell their players for good sum of money before they are totally done. Ronaldo, Casemiro and Varane weren't completely washed out when they sold them but it was coming very soon and it was the best time to squeeze ton of millions of them from dumb clubs like us or Juve.

Sell and invest in long term options. This season was good but the 1 or 2 years he still had in him isn't worth it. We shouldn't wait till he's 35 years old and becoming a hindrance rather than a help.

glasgow 21

The one reason to sell him is that he is a poor 45 mins away from being burnt at the stake by a section of fans who don't appreciate what he brings to the table. I suggest you watch last year CL final in detail to find out. Casemiro nothing of note but did everything to stop Liverpool. We don't deserve him. Last night was a prime example of every tackle he made opposition were asking for a yellow. Yet not a word on an RC darling Caicedo doing his best to put Bruno in the treatment room. I'm happy for him and Antony to move on and enjoy their football elsewhere where they are supported. The fact that he probably has to do twice as much work to cover with us than he did at Madrid should be ignored. He legs gone ? what's Rashford excuse for never tracking back? what the excuse for Sancho who can't play for 90 mins ? Martial who never wins a 50/50 in the middle of the park and Case along with others having to step up to win the ball back. Let see Casemiro with full starter with young legs next to him , a competent striker and a few tidy utility players then I will make my decision until then he stays in my opinion..

Dannn411

I would let him go if we can recoup 80% to 90% of the price paid. I didn't understand the signing when it was made and it was obvious that he would eventually start to show signs of aging.

Rockets Redglare

its funny how all our players require 2 other players to look good.
No one can manage a midfield single handedly, he was constantly exposed and doing the work of two men due to Fred having no situational or positional awareness.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Incredible up until late Feb = He's brilliant, are we too reliant on him?

Suspended for most games until April, comes back in fluctuating form = His legs are gone, should've never signed him.

That about right?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he’ll look fantastic (again) once we get a central midfielder who actually calms play down and makes 80+ passes a game week in week out to sit beside him. Let him focus far more on crunching players and winning duels. The shite he’s genuinely world class at.

We quite blatantly lack the profile of a Frenkie type of midfielder to sit beside him (and the other players) and tell them to calm the feck down, stop playing turnover central in the middle of the pitch and let’s get some control over matches.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Put a Barella/ FDJ player alongside him and he'll produce his Madrid form but his partners are a Erikson who gets burnout under 60 minutes and a player in Bruno who only has the intention of trying to create openings.

ErikElevenHag

Suspended for most games until April, comes back in fluctuating form = His legs are gone, should've never signed him.

That about right?
Summed it up perfectly.

Honestly this place sometimes. He was being called the best CDM in the world and our team falls apart without him. Now there are actually people wanting to get rid of him. Casemiro is doing just fine. Hopefully we sign a midfielder to complement him well in the summer.

Stacks

Summed it up perfectly.

Honestly this place sometimes. He was being called the best CDM in the world and our team falls apart without him. Now there are actually people wanting to get rid of him. Casemiro is doing just fine. Hopefully we sign a midfielder to complement him well in the summer.
to be honest his form was dropping before the suspensions. His passing was getting exposed a little and wasn't doing as well with the on ball pressure

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
Tuchel should be sacked on the spot if he goes after Casemiro. This is not how Bayern operates(by bringing in players on the decline, not saying he already is, but those days aren't far away) and hopefully F.O wont sanction this.

MegadrivePerson

Summed it up perfectly.

I think a few people were getting a bit carried away.

He's never been better than Rodri for instance but could make claim to be the second best CDM in the league based on his early form.

Aston Villa on Sunday.
Fair enough. I only saw the highlights of that match as I had family commitments.

In the games against Sevilla, Liverpool, Spurs and Brighton last night where he was lucky not to be sent off again he has looked a long way off the pace.

I don't see how a midfield three of Casemiro, Eriksen and Fernandes is the way forward. We risk making the same mistake that Liverpool have with Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson.

JB7

That about right?
Stupids gonna stupid

Xaviboy

He needs 2 other proper midfielders next to him. Ones that can control the game with good range of passing.

If we can get in 2 more that can actually keep the ball under pressure and doesn't lose the ball much we will be fine.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'd only sell him if we could afford all the players in key positions.
We can get another season with him on high level but he needs protection and ETH will need to compromise a lot. So I'd we could land Caicedo I'd be tempted to sell, as much as I love the guy.

Dannn411

Would be nice to sign players that make everybody else better rather than still needing players to make them better. Especially given how much money we have spent. Every midfielder we've signed in the last 10 years alwayns needs one or two more midfielders to be better. What is the point of signing them in the first place then?

FerociousCorgis

I have no idea what to make of Case overall with whether he will be able to cope or not with a full EPL season. But i do find it funny people making fun of those "over-reacting" to his recent form after suspension when there is just as much an argument to be made his purple patch in the middle of the season was the outlier instead. From what i remember he didnt exactly start the season well, and now is most certainly not finishing the season well. Had these performances been coming with someone with the name Lingard on the back or something id be curious to see which part of the season people would call the outlier. Not saying we should sell Case just saying it has been an interesting season overall and one hard to judge. There are times he looks very good out there, and then times he just looks like an overweight old man trying to catch up and being too slow. We def need someone deep in the midfield who is the main passer to take that responsibility

cpresc

Wow.

Honestly the comments in here really do show how our fan base has utterly gone to the dogs.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Wow.

Honestly the comments in here really do show how our fan base has utterly gone to the dogs.
A lot of fans are just utterly clueless and have the patience of a 5 year old.

Casemiro has been undeniably a massive positive for this team, but it is a team still with several holes and a lack of quality in key positions. He will be a monster again next season.

He's having a bad spell, which just coincides with most of the other players dropping in form, I'd argue we have holes in our starting 11 but also have an issue with quality depth in other positions.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

That about right?
First half the season he was being proclaimed as the best DM in the world and Jesus Christ reborn

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
In the spirit of "attack the post, not the poster" some of the posts in here are absolutely fecking mental.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The good old days when people though Sancho would look brilliant if we just get him the exact full back, midfielder and striker he specifically needed.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Wait, some people actually want us to sell him? :lol:
Casemiro is a great player but he has a bit of a laissez-faire attitude with his discipline and sometimes his passing, given his age, if we could replace him with say Rice and Caicedo then it would be the right choice to make