g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tuchel & Bayern interested in Casemiro

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I don't know what your definition of ideal is but it'd exactly be like selling Ronaldo and replacing him with Valencia.
Between Casemiro and Caicedo there is not the same difference as between Ronaldo and Valencia.
In fact I do not know if Casemiro today is better than Caicedo and there are also 9 years of difference.

Mindhunter

I would sell for either 80 million or for 50m if they also take Fred and McT.

Sviken

If true this could be a blessing in the skies. He looks over the hill
He's been our best player this season... What the feck are you people smoking? The red cards have quite clearly shot his confidence, but that is fixable.

Why not sell Lissandro, as well, since we feel so charitable?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Sell him, he's starting to decline. We need to bring in a younger DM with not nearly as much mental fortitude, who will buckle under pressure quicker and show less leadership qualities.

Dan_F

Even if we were to contemplate selling, Bayern are never going to offer what we’d need to sell. Absolutely zero point in taking a FFP hit for him, as any replacement will likely cost far more.

glasgow 21

Have I really come into this thread to find people slating Casemiro? The guys been unbelievable!
Some of you are absolutely shameless
Yeah, but come on we are living in the world and instant gratification what has Casemiro done in the last few games. There are folk on hear with so short memories they are wanting Neymar, even when we spent a half season dealing with another ego. Thats how short memories are. Casemiro with Varane and Martinez made us a team again instead of a laughing stock but why worry about that he has had a few poor games and needs shifted best taking Ten Hag and Licha and that YouTuber Antony too, make it a clean sweep.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sell him, he's starting to decline. We need to bring in a younger DM with not nearly as much mental fortitude, who will buckle under pressure quicker and show less leadership qualities.
Well, I'm sold then.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We already have one and he is the Spain national team destroyer.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Bayern is playing their cards perfectly. "We gave you our legend Swanintiger and now you should return the favor because of Ed Woodward's deal".

Cloud7

Sounds like a certain Scottish midfielder I know of who is ready to step up

Blood Mage

People will jump on me... but cashing in on Casemiro while he still has value and buying Caicedo to replace him would actually be a progressive and proactive move.

Brophs

The One and Only
Let him go on a free as recognition of the service he’s given the club.

SER19

World class player, will give us at least 2 more good seasons possibly more. Id captain him and start him every week hes available

Blood Mage

You gotta love the caf turning on Casemiro now.
Turning on him? Nah he's been massively important for us this season, arguably our player of the year. I just want to see the club start making some proactive moves in the market as football moves quickly. We need an injection of young and hungry players going forward.

Blood Mage

I don't know what your definition of ideal is but it'd exactly be like selling Ronaldo and replacing him with Valencia.
You're underrating Caicedo and overrating Casemiro I'd say. They've been playing at a similar level to each other for a few months now.

owlo

Sure Thomas, no problem. You can have him free. We'll take Kimmich off your hands though as Camemiro will be replacing him.

theatreofdreams777

Between Casemiro and Caicedo there is not the same difference as between Ronaldo and Valencia.
In fact I do not know if Casemiro today is better than Caicedo and there are also 9 years of difference.
You're underrating Caicedo and overrating Casemiro I'd say. They've been playing at a similar level to each other for a few months now.
I mean it would be as underwhelming as trying to replace Cristiano Ronaldo with Valencia all those years ago. Almost identical I'd say; we lose a clearly world class player who speaks Portuguese & won it all and try to replace him with an in-form Ecuadorian player from a midtable side who have blue & white in their colours :wenger:

Joking aside, form is one thing but the actual ability & ceiling is another one. Caicedo may be a lot younger than Casemiro but there's no guarantee that he'll ever reach the heights Brazilian did. He could easily be a one season wonder and you're left with a Pepe/Arsenal situation when the purple patch is over.

Also you don't part ways with your world class players that easily and try to keep them as long as possible as they're not grown on trees.

Jaae

Not ITK
I would have scoffed at the suggestion a few months ago but he’s been a complete let down the second half of this campaign. 8 games suspended is an absolute joke and completely unprofessional. You wouldn’t accept that from a youngster, let alone one of your highest earning and most experienced players.

Looking at his body type and style of play he doesn’t strike me as a midfielder who will age well, yet he is contracted until 34? I’d be surprised if he has more than one good season left in him. There’s a reason you don’t see many all action midfielders in their 30s.

Lost bear

Yes but Casemiro has been rested due to suspension so he should be fresher than most.

To be clear I'll be happy if he stays but equally I would understand if he was moved on to bring in younger legs.
Depends what kind of head was on those younger legs, surely?

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

dinostar77

He gets unfairly treated by the refs here and will continue to do so, you do wonder if the early magic has worn off because he has been poor for a while now. He might be tempted.
He's probably just knackered. Very different when you pass the ball to kroos and modric and your side holds onto it for awhile. Get a breather. Without ericsson there is no-one to dicate the tempo and control possession and give players a breather.

Sviken

I would have scoffed at the suggestion a few months ago but he’s been a complete let down the second half of this campaign. 8 games suspended is an absolute joke and completely unprofessional. You wouldn’t accept that from a youngster, let alone one of your highest earning and most experienced players.
I think this is complete horseshit. One of the reds he got was incredibly harsh and the other was an absolute joke. What's he supposed to do, not play football at all because the refs have a boner for him?

It never ceases to amaze me how reactionary the caf is sometimes. He has been our best player this season and the main reason for our amazing form before his red cards. Now people want him sold and looking for absolute bullshit excuses just because understandably, his confidence has been shot after the absurd send offs.

OrcaFat

There’s no way I would consider selling him, but I do wonder if he would be tempted by this prospect
No. Not many people want to leave the Prem for the Bundesliga. Bayern are top tier but the league isn’t.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Between the other thread where people wanted to make him captain and this where his sale would be a blessing in disguise, I am reminded again what a rational, competent, objective and patient place the Caf is.

Jaae

Not ITK
I think this is complete horseshit. One of the reds he got was incredibly harsh and the other was an absolute joke. What's he supposed to do, not play football at all because the refs have a boner for him?

It never ceases to amaze me how reactionary the caf is sometimes. He has been our best player this season and the main reason for our amazing form before his red cards. Now people want him sold and looking for absolute bullshit excuses just because understandably, his confidence has been shot after the absurd send offs.
What is horseshit is fans who go ridiculously over the top for players who have a good run of form, then lose all composure at any criticism of that player when they let the team down.

Acting as if he is being targeted by officials is utterly bizarre. Both his red cards were justified, as was his yellow card for a stupid lunge against CP that saw him suspended for the Arsenal game.

Sviken

What is horseshit is fans who go ridiculously over the top for players who have a good run of form, then lose all composure at any criticism of that player when they let the team down.
Casemiro isn't someone who has a "good run of form", he's been crucial for Madrid's spectacular success and also for our season (if you thought that was just a flash in the pan or something). If it wasn't for him, we'd never have had that run of form during the mid season and he's been our most important player overall. Sure, you might argue that Lissandro has been equally or more important, but there is very little separating the two on the impact they've had on us.

Acting as if he is being targeted by officials is utterly bizarre. Both his red cards were justified, as was his yellow card for a stupid lunge against CP that saw him suspended for the Arsenal game.
You sound like an oppo. In what flying feck reality universe are his red cards justified? Him holding a Crystal Palace player by the collar is red when CP players were throwing actual punches? If we are to be fair, Fred did too, so he should have been suspended, but not in a million years did Casemiro deserve a straight red for that. On top of that, the initial challenge by CP on Antony was red card worthy, as well as the followed taunting, but that was also ignored. Yet VAR chose to send off Casemiro.

His second red was unbelievably harsh. Went for the ball, his feet caught the ball and slipped on it and caught the player's leg. It was not intentional and it was for the ball. Just in that week alone you had a far more dirty challenge by a Chelsea player (I don't remember which) that wasn't given even a yellow in plain view of the refs eyes. And these types of challenges happen in every fecking game, and from what I remember, in that game in particular Southampton were playing far dirtier, but nothing was shown for them. And in that game one of the Southampton players brutally scissor tackled and injured Garnacho and I don't remember if he even got a yellow for that.

But in your mind those two red cards were justified? We're entering clown territory.