Tweets crashing the site

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Sounds like a glitch in the matrix. I’ll look into it.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Happened to me yesterday in the ‘is this self defence thread’ where the first post was a tweet.

Cloud7

I was trying to the read the Shinzo Abe thread in work today (On safari on my phone) but when it got to the posts with the tweets the entire screen went white and I couldn’t refresh or go back or anything. At first I thought it was just my data but I tried with the wifi at home and the same thing. I’m glad it’s not just me at least.

Wicked_Badger

Happened in the Maguire performance thread for me. Posts loaded until the first twitter embed and then all that was displayed was basically a blank shell of the forum (like a never-ending blank post).

iOS, Safari, iPhone 13 Pro

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Happened in the Maguire performance thread for me. Posts loaded until the first twitter embed and then all that was displayed was basically a blank shell of the forum (like a never-ending blank post).

iOS, Safari, iPhone 13 Pro
I've been getting the blank page thing for a couple of weeks, very rarely though. Scrolling down makes it appear.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Its still fkn with my phone :lol:

And its only that thread, other threads that have tweets are fine but for some reason my iphone just doesn’t like that thread.
If it’s a different page, the thread is fine. But even if my opening post is responded to, that page is also fecked.

The Abe thread & the 500K thread are also giving me problems.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Happening to me on iPhone chrome on the most recent page of the Ukraine thread when I scroll down to the tweets about Kazakhstan

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Just looking for patterns here, given it sounds like not every Twitter thread is creating problems...

I've just tried these two threads (Edge on Android phone) and they both loaded fine and the media ran ok.

I did notice that they included one of those content-warning dialogue boxes that I had to click to view the media, but clicking the warning notice worked as normal.

I'm just wondering if thread loading is being affected by the dialogue box? Anybody got links to other threads that are having the problem? Preferably outside the general so I can check whether being a mod or having no ads etc is affecting it.
Could be specific to tweets that contain a certain type of content or format, perhaps if it’s been quoted? Some people in here all said about one tweet at the top of a certain thread but for me in the Ukraine thread I can read through the whole page until I get to the post that has two tweets about Kazakhstan (posted by frosty). Seems to be the lower tweet that causes the page to reload and crash. Is there a commonality to them perhaps?

Dan

Last page half way down something breaks the 500k thread for me.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Someone on xenforo forums suggesting it‘s due to the “sensitive content warning” that some tweets have.

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...hing-safari-and-chrome-on-ios-and-osx.207187/
That's how it looks to me as well. It's the only thing I can see that the threads have in common.

Personally though I don't see a problem on Android or Windows, and that's using Edge/Chrome/Firefox.

So it does look like an iOS/Mac update thing.
Unless someone else is getting it on Android/windows?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The Nightclub Photos thread is crashing for me now on the last page

Very annoying as love that thread
I find that if I don’t scroll over the tweet that’s causing the crash, it won’t crash.

And, sorry, it was my tweet that is the culprit in that thread.

TheReligion

Abusive
I find that if I don’t scroll over the tweet that’s causing the crash, it won’t crash.

And, sorry, it was my tweet that is the culprit in that thread.
You’ve posted a few now that have killed the Caf! What’s your secret? Why are you doing this? Are you working for RAWK?

largelyworried

Same problem here, but only for the transfer tweets page and only in Safari. Brave on Mac + Firefox on iOS both work normally.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Yes that thread works for me now. What was it?!
Not sure but most likely something on Twitter’s end relating to the JavaScript used when embedding tweets with the “sensitive content” warning.

TheHeya

Crashes on the transfer tweet update thread where all posts are tweets. It’s okay on threads where there’s a couple of tweets on a page. But, when most of the replies are tweets it crashes.
iPhone 12 Pro safari.