Tweets crashing the site

TheReligion

Abusive
@Summit and I were discussing this earlier and other posters noted the same.

Not sure if something has been updated on the Caf but certain tweets keep on forcing you to reload the entire page (as if you’ve lost connection).

Thought the issue has gone but just started started again in a different thread. Any ideas?

Dan

Just noticed this with a thread in the general.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Ah so that’s what it is, the “self defence” thread sent Safari into a fit earlier.

Terry Chango

Same problem here in the general. Self defence or not thread kills the cafe for me.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Happening to me too on Safari.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
the clearest indication yet that the caf is becoming self aware and trying to kill twitter like the virus it is.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The self defence thread completely crashes my safari browser.

DevTheRed

Yup, happened for me when I attached the tweet about Maguire. Thought it was just me but obviously not!

Heardy

Had this too on the self defencethread on both my iPhone and on Microsoft edge on my laptop.

Happening on the Shinzo Abe thread also.

Last edited:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
same for me but only on a mobile not on PC

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is it a twitter embed thing? On another forum I frequent embeds have stopped working — not sure if the Admin disabled them for this reason, perhaps?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The ‘self defence or not’ thread crashes for me when it opens on page 1.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Had this too on the self defencethread on both my iPhone and on Microsoft edge on my laptop.

Happening on the Shinzo Abe thread also.
Just looking for patterns here, given it sounds like not every Twitter thread is creating problems...

I've just tried these two threads (Edge on Android phone) and they both loaded fine and the media ran ok.

I did notice that they included one of those content-warning dialogue boxes that I had to click to view the media, but clicking the warning notice worked as normal.

I'm just wondering if thread loading is being affected by the dialogue box? Anybody got links to other threads that are having the problem? Preferably outside the general so I can check whether being a mod or having no ads etc is affecting it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just looking for patterns here, given it sounds like not every Twitter thread is creating problems...

I've just tried these two threads (Edge on Android phone) and they both loaded fine and the media ran ok.

I did notice that they included one of those content-warning dialogue boxes that I had to click to view the media, but clicking the warning notice worked as normal.

I'm just wondering if thread loading is being affected by the dialogue box? Anybody got links to other threads that are having the problem? Preferably outside the general so I can check whether being a mod or having no ads etc is affecting it.
Just happened to me on Shinzo Abe thread (chrome browser)