Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Inter are broke anyway arent they? and plus there team is on the downfall.

Why would anybody want to join them? there the Liverpool of Italy.

Heffo

Another one bites the dust... Who is next?

@Football_Juice: Breaking News: Reports in Brazil suggest Lucas Moura will turn down £20m offer from Man United to join Inter Milan. #MUFC
Thanks for the breaking news from the ever reliable Football_Juice that reports suggest he will join Inter Milan. People seriously need to stop believing everything they read.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Thanks for the breaking news from the ever reliable Football_Juice that reports suggest he will join Inter Milan. People seriously need to stop believing everything they read.
Agree, that is one shitty post, why oh why do people post from unreliable sources :)

Sorry...

Heffo

Negative news seems to be instantly accepted as truth, regardless of the source.
This. We have the Lucas thread full of people saying there is no way we would ever be interested in signing Lucas for the sort of money being touted and rubbishing Daily Mail articles. However in threads such as Oscars after the Daily Mail report that he was signing for Chelsea people began saying how good Chelsea would be next year, and that's even after a number of people mentioned the fact the Internacional President said they hadn't been in negotiations with anyone over Oscar.

I enjoy being a bit of a transfer muppet and hoping against hope that we will sign a player like Lucas. I just can't understand people who post regularly in the transfer forum to tell people we won't sign anyone decent.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
This. We have the Lucas thread full of people saying there is no way we would ever be interested in signing Lucas for the sort of money being touted and rubbishing Daily Mail articles. However in threads such as Oscars after the Daily Mail report that he was signing for Chelsea people began saying how good Chelsea would be next year, and that's even after a number of people mentioned the fact the Internacional President said they hadn't been in negotiations with anyone over Oscar.

I enjoy being a bit of a transfer muppet and hoping against hope that we will sign a player like Lucas. I just can't understand people who post regularly in the transfer forum to tell people we won't sign anyone decent.
There is this cool thing called money, Chelsea have a load of it and we dont. Just sayin.

Heffo

There is this cool thing called money, Chelsea have a load of it and we dont. Just sayin.
This money you talk of, would it by any chance be similar in appearance and value to the units of payment we offered to Lille for Eden Hazard?

And besides that I don't see how that means tabloid articles regarding Chelsea should be taken as the truth while ones about United should be treated with scepticism?

Ramshock

This money you talk of, would it by any chance be similar in appearance and value to the units of payment we offered to Lille for Eden Hazard?

And besides that I don't see how that means tabloid articles regarding Chelsea should be taken as the truth while ones about United should be treated with scepticism?
Has it ever officially been confirmed by the club that we bid for Hazard?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Ibra has mounted up a total sum in transfers that can only be challenged by Robbie Keane at this rate.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You really think the club will actually confirm a bidding for a player, whom we've lost out to?

Heffo

The club haven't confirmed it, but as KM said why would they. It was widely accepted that we were one of his options and Hazard has said he chose Chelsea over us and I'm pretty sure the Lille president confirmed we were one of the teams vying for his signature when the whole transfer saga was ongoing.

Ramshock

The club haven't confirmed it, but as KM said why would they. It was widely accepted that we were one of his options and Hazard has said he chose Chelsea over us and I'm pretty sure the Lille president confirmed we were one of the teams vying for his signature when the whole transfer saga was ongoing.
Yeah well when Fergie says so I will gladly accept that. Anyway my whole point is I can see why people have this double standard when it comes to us being linked to players and when the likes of City and Chelsea have been. I don't particularly agree with it but I can see what they do it.

mightberight

Sky Italia: PSG have offered €65m for Ibra and Silva. The agreement has been reached. Raiola is in Sweden to talk with Ibra.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/report-milan-accept-psg-bids-pair-185021635.html

There as well. Only waiting for Ibra to say yes now apparently.
As class as Ibra is, it's a great deal for a cash-strapped Milan. I bet he's earning feck loads and is 31 in October. Of course, if they replace him with Carroll, the world's gone slightly mad.

Baxter

As class as Ibra is, it's a great deal for a cash-strapped Milan. I bet he's earning feck loads and is 31 in October. Of course, if they replace him with Carroll, the world's gone slightly mad.
Works out at just over £50m. I don't think that it is that great a deal for their two best players.

Heffo

Yeah well when Fergie says so I will gladly accept that. Anyway my whole point is I can see why people have this double standard when it comes to us being linked to players and when the likes of City and Chelsea have been. I don't particularly agree with it but I can see what they do it.
I can see where you're coming from in the sense that tabloid speculation like this suits the transfer strategies of big spending clubs like City and Chelsea more than United. Still don't see why certain people seem so desperate to believe other teams speculation while so reluctant to entertain the idea that United could sign a highly sought after player.

VoetbalWizard

Fair enough. I don't know who they can buy that will be as good as Silva or Ibra.
i agree.

that is a shit deal for milan.

ibra is a one-man machine in serie a and keeping him always gives you a chance in the league without question.

and silva is only 27 and a world class CB.

If i was a milan tifoso i would be livid.

Baxter

i agree.

that is a shit deal for milan.

ibra is a one-man machine in serie a and keeping him always gives you a chance in the league without question.

and silva is only 27 and a world class CB.

If i was a milan tifoso i would be livid.
Exactly. Even if they are getting paid a fortune, it is because they are fantastic. I'd want players like Pato, Muntari and even Robinho out ahead of them, as I imagine they would be earning a lot as well. £50m for two of the best players in their position in the world just seems a bit silly.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Again, why would Silva sign a 5 year deal and then leave a week later? Plus I'm sure the solitary bid for Silva alone was around 40-50 million. So they'd be taking a loss on the previous bid? :lol:

If true then Milan are retarded.

Ralaks

PSG is going to be mental, if this continues they'll end up trying to buy Messi and Iniesta soon

Baxter

Again, why would Silva sign a 5 year deal and then leave a week later? Plus I'm sure the solitary bid for Silva alone was around 40-50 million. So they'd be taking a loss on the previous bid? :lol:

If true then Milan are retarded.
Not sure. Put value up? Get some clauses or something written into contract? Perhaps he's allowed to go if they bid again? Although if like you say this bid is lower than the previous one it doesn't make much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.