Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I just read an exchange from a protected tweeter who claims Hummels is our number one priority, with 'Stoke guy' being our back-up plan. He surely must mean Shawcross.
And winner of the least credible post in the twitter thread is..........................

vanthaman

Winner
I just read an exchange from a protected tweeter who claims Hummels is our number one priority, with 'Stoke guy' being our back-up plan. He surely must mean Shawcross.
Someone who is so "in the know" doesn't even know shawcross's name? Seems believable

Brophs

The One and Only
Everyone knows real ITKs use the medium of protected tweets. It is on like a Christian rock song.

Mojo_pin

Someone who is so "in the know" doesn't even know shawcross's name? Seems believable

Believe it or not, he is arguably one of the most informed and consistent 'itk' on twitter...usually advising on moves well in advance of their completion and media reports.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You're talking about that Freddie Boswell guy and I don't think he's reliable.

Brophs

The One and Only
Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Ajax expect January bid from Liverpool for Christian Eriksen. Will sell for €30 million

Ajax expect Liverpool to make an offer for their highly regarded forward Christian Eriksen in the January window. The Denmark international, 20, has been extensively scouted by a number of Premier League clubs, but Liverpool have been his most enthusiastic suitors.

Eriksen, exceptional in Ajax's midweek Champions League defeat of Manchester City, has less than two years remaining on his contract with the Dutch champions, whose business model revolves around nurturing exceptional talents before selling them on to more affluent clubs at a profit. While they would prefer to retain Eriksen for the remainder of the season, he will be sold if a bidder meets the €30 million asking price.

Skywarden

Unless Liverpool secure champions league fixtures, he will most likely look elsewhere. I know I would.

forevrared

You're talking about that Freddie Boswell guy and I don't think he's reliable.
He runs a scouting company so at very least he knows people who would know. He talked about United being in for Kagawa ages ago, over a year ago seems like.

Brophs

The One and Only
Dean Jones ‏@DJones_People
Feeling this Darren Bent to Fulham move getting closer.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Would be a bit of an odd move as Fulham have signed Berbatov, or are they still short of strikers anyway? And I'd imagine he'd want to be on fairly high wages as well.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bent does leave before the end of the season.

KM

Anything new from your mate Agent_153?

KM

Would be a bit of an odd move as Fulham have signed Berbatov, or are they still short of strikers anyway?

Wouldn't surprise me if Bent does leave Villa.
They've Petric, Rodallega and Berbs. Doesn't make sense for them to buy Bent considering he'll be expensive.

Damien

Staff
They've Petric, Rodallega and Berbs. Doesn't make sense for them to buy Bent considering he'll be expensive.
Yeah, just edited my post to mention the wages, never mind the transfer fee.

If they do want to sign another striker, a better bet would be someone younger who wouldn't command a large transfer fee or big wages.

KM

Yeah, just edited my post to mention the wages, never mind the transfer fee.

If they do want to sign another striker, a better bet would be someone younger who wouldn't command a large transfer fee or big wages.
I think someone like Joshua King will be a better fit for them. Young and Talented plus his contract is expiring at the end of season.

Damien

Staff
Don't they also play Ruiz quite forward?
They do. They've got another forward Marcello Trotta. He's only 20 and has only made an appearance in the league cup but he might get game time in the Prem later on in the season.

Martin Jol spoke a bit about his attacking options a few days ago: link

I just can't see it happening unless there are some departures, and with three of the four strikers signed this year I'd be surprised if any of them were to leave.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Also they have Alexander Kačaniklić who can operate as a forward player. He looks a player with a bright future.

::sonny::

Man Utd News‏@manutdnewsonly
Lars Bender not for sale, Manchester United warned by Bayer Leverkusen

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Of course he's for sale but the price will be huge. I remember Bayern wanting him last Summer but they were put off by price, seeing that they signed Martinez for €30m a month later Leverkusen must've demanded an absolute fortune for Bender. He'd be perfect for us though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Martinez cost them 40m Euros, Sarni.
Didn't he promise to pay €2m a year over a 5-year contract or something? I remember reading that he was willing to pay €10m of his fee to go there.

KM

So the latest RedIssue mag says that talks have restarted over Sneijder and they've apparently gone very well.

This was posted by Matt_Savage7 on twitter

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Yes, another 10, just what we need!

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
oh back in the summer it was another striker,just what we need :p
He he, good shout.

RvP was/is in the form of his life though, a no brainer.

Good ol`Wes has been average to awful after WC2010. Or so I've been told.

Donut

He he, good shout.

RvP was/is in the form of his life though, a no brainer.

Good ol`Wes has been average to awful after WC2010. Or so I've been told.
He was the only bright point in the Holland team at the Euros, some incredible passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.