Television Twin Peaks

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bobby definitely has a central part to play in whatever is happening. His interactions with Becky (who seems to parallel Laura Palmer in some ways) and how he seemed during the gun shooting piece were a little weirder than usual.

Roosney

Best episode so far. Weird but not boring weird, more like horror weird.

I like the Woodsmen for some reason. Well the radio transmit thing few episodes back was disstressing but as characters they're awesome.

What does the Caf think about Diane? Is she working for someone? I see a lot of theories that she works for Evil Cooper but I don't see that.

Giggs86

Hopefully the latest episode will kickstart a great finishing sequence towards the end.
Just wish they'd stop dragging Coop in his numbnuts state. Seems like his awakening will happen late if at all.

DWelbz19

What does the Caf think about Diane? Is she working for someone? I see a lot of theories that she works for Evil Cooper but I don't see that.
As a character I'm a little bored. She was cool at first, but the whole 'feck you, Albert' as I smoke and look too cool for school vibe wore off.

As for her motivations, there's definitely something weird going on. In this episode I think Gordon purposefully asked to see the co-ordinates of that arm in front of her in the latest episode in some sort of trap/test.

Roosney

As a character I'm a little bored. She was cool at first, but the whole 'feck you, Albert' as I smoke and look too cool for school vibe wore off.

As for her motivations, there's definitely something weird going on. In this episode I think Gordon purposefully asked to see the co-ordinates of that arm in front of her in the latest episode in some sort of trap/test.
Yeah I saw that trap thing, Albert was clocking her for sure as the coordinates pic was shown. But somehow I got a feeling she's working for herself and Dale.

Giggs86

Last week was arguably the best episode so far. Yesterday was probably the worst.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
There was a surprising amount of emotion in that short moment, after all the daft stuff with the French woman, which seemed very heartfelt... when Gordon says "Albert, sometimes I really worry about you". I wonder if they knew he was sick while shooting that?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
There was a surprising amount of emotion in that short moment, after all the daft stuff with the French woman, which seemed very heartfelt... when Gordon says "Albert, sometimes I really worry about you". I wonder if they knew he was sick while shooting that?
If someone would smuggle that kind of thing to an inconspicuous scene, it's definitely guy like Lynch. Great notice, btw.

Roosney

Yeah caught that too.

Sarah so fecking creepy. I just wanna know what was that noise coming from her kitchen. That scene was good. She's a great actor.

DWelbz19

That felt very Lynch-like in it's absolutely confusing dialogue and names of characters we've never heard of. Tina, Billy, Chuck etc. Was every scene was long-winded? I think Dougie's ten second scene was the only one that felt like it wasn't dragging itself out.

jungledrums

Just about to finish season 2 of TP. Impressive that, given the spell of poor episodes when Lynch left, the show is still regarded as a classic. Does the new season 'feel' like Twin Peaks at its best?

DWelbz19

Just about to finish season 2 of TP. Impressive that, given the spell of poor episodes when Lynch left, the show is still regarded as a classic.
Probably because of how great S1 and the build-up to the denouement of the killer in S2 were.

Does the new season 'feel' like Twin Peaks at its best?
It feels more Lynch, than Twin Peaks, I'd say. It certainly embodies enough Twin Peaks aspects but it also feels compounded by a lot of Lynch's other works. There was 25 odd years between the seasons, so keep that in mind if you do feel a bit thrown-off with starting S3. I personally think it's been very, very good so far.

jungledrums

Probably because of how great S1 and the build-up to the denouement of the killer in S2 were.

It feels more Lynch, than Twin Peaks, I'd say. It certainly embodies enough Twin Peaks aspects but it also feels compounded by a lot of Lynch's other works. There was 25 odd years between the seasons, so keep that in mind if you do feel a bit thrown-off with starting S3. I personally think it's been very, very good so far.
Agree with that initial point, really was classic viewing up to that big reveal.

Cheers anyway. Very keen to get the new season going.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Just about to finish season 2 of TP. Impressive that, given the spell of poor episodes when Lynch left, the show is still regarded as a classic. Does the new season 'feel' like Twin Peaks at its best?
I stopped after binging the first five episodes coming straight off the first two seasons. I've had very little urge to go back and continue. The first two seasons dragged a bit at times, but this new one takes it to the extreme. Almost nothing happens over the course of the 50 odd minutes an episode lasts.

jungledrums

I stopped after binging the first five episodes coming straight off the first two seasons. I've had very little urge to go back and continue. The first two seasons dragged a bit at times, but this new one takes it to the extreme. Almost nothing happens over the course of the 50 odd minutes an episode lasts.
You probably watched season 2 ages ago right? It's all super fresh to me (unfortunately...) and coming off some largely terrible late season 2 viewing, I think it'd be damn near impossible to be any worse.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
You probably watched season 2 ages ago right? It's all super fresh to me (unfortunately...) and coming off some largely terrible late season 2 viewing, I think it'd be damn near impossible to be any worse.
No I watched the last three or four episodes of season two the same day I watched the first five episodes of season three.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Damn, that's not reassuring :lol:
I think a break in between is probably better imo.

The new series is an odd one to call, the actual Twin Peaks parts are as interesting as the original, it'll be the Lynch parts that throw you off if anything.

So far I do struggle to recommend it to anyone other than Lynch fans, as it's just not as engaging as the original series. Though I would bet that's because this is supposed to be a self contained story it's one of those things that all comes together and every part makes sense in the end.

Then again it's Lynch, so probably not :lol:

jungledrums

Cheers for the insight guys, will smash out the last two eps of season 2 and get to the new stuff. Fingers crossed I suppose...

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Can we just have cooper back already
Or at least more Albert n Gordon...

Is there something more sinister going on there? Or more Twin Peaksy, perhaps. Was it my imagination or did the short guy have long legs?

Slight bit of Man From Another Place vibe from him too this week, more threatening. Is Audrey still in a coma/some sort of purgatory?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
This might have been my most favorite episode so far. Even liked the ending song for once (was James really singing there?). Seems like more focus on TP which is a good thing. Poor Ed. That ending was so sad. Dude is always getting the short end of the stick. New show is completely growing on me.

Last edited:

Roosney

I thought this was an ok episode, a lot was happening but nothing really went forward. The Black Lodge teleporter ring was a nice detail but we really knew already Bad Cooper was being hunt to be brought back to the lodge.

Hmm, I hope in the next episode things get more wild again.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Great build up tension and dialogue during that hand wrestle duel. MacLachlan can be one intimidating, demon possessed mofo.

2/3 of the season gone. Could the rumors about 4th season had some weight to it? Tbh more and more folks want to see classic agent Cooper investigating stuff, so why the hell not...

DWelbz19

Or at least more Albert n Gordon...

Is there something more sinister going on there? Or more Twin Peaksy, perhaps. Was it my imagination or did the short guy have long legs?

Slight bit of Man From Another Place vibe from him too this week, more threatening. Is Audrey still in a coma/some sort of purgatory?
I think so. The stuff she was saying too; 'I don't even feel like myself'; 'I want to stay and I want to go' etc.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Great build up tension and dialogue during that hand wrestle duel. MacLachlan can be one intimidating, demon possessed mofo.

2/3 of the season gone. Could the rumors about 4th season had some weight to it? Tbh more and more folks want to see classic agent Cooper investigating stuff, so why the hell not...
Showtime have said it's served its purpose for them so they won't want another season.

Zen

There a rumours of a 4th season? Legit just yesterday they were hinting at there being next to no chance.

DWelbz19

I thought he was the worst character in the first two seasons, and by a distance.
:lol: I think everyone did. His character was intentionally annoying, I believe -- Lynch/Frost satirising the already a bit silly trope of attractive, aloof, cool biker dude.
-----
Dean Hurley shared an album of sound design clues for Twin Peaks recently. It's very airy and ambient, works well as a spooky standalone album in a way.

Amir

It's certainly a disappointment for me to realise we won't really be getting much of Agent Cooper in season 3.

Parry Gallister

Nope, initially at least more like inland empire etc.

It does feel more similar/ tighter narratively at points later on, but it's best not to go into it with any expectations of that - I had an absolute meltdown on this thread about it (best not read in case of spoilers) though now like it for what it is - think watching episodically, one a week has made me enjoy it more too.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's certainly a disappointment for me to realise we won't really be getting much of Agent Cooper in season 3.
Yeah, the more it moves on the less I expect to see the old Cooper again. Disappointed but also begrudgingly admirable of Lynch's outright refusal to give people what they really want.

I'm expecting him to really take the piss by having normal Cooper only appear in the very last scene. Would also increase the clamour for a 4th season.