Television Twin Peaks

Amir

That episode will probably be the break point where Twin Peaks hipsters and Lynch tourists stop watching and Lynch fans start to enjoy it even more.
I'm a Twin Peaks fan and never saw anything else Lynch has done. I'm there till the end.

Giggs86

That episode will probably be the break point where Twin Peaks hipsters and Lynch tourists stop watching and Lynch fans start to enjoy it even more.
Not necessarily. I loved Twin Peaks, Lost Highway, Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive. Some of my all time favorites. On the other hand, I didn't like Eraserhead and Inland Empire, which the last episode kinda reminded me of.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yeah, think you're right. I also think it's best just to embrace the madness and see how it all ads up at the end. Lynch has sold this as an 18 hour movie, so we're barely half way into the whole story. It might all make sense. And if it doesn't, we'll always have those horrific images and my line of the year so far, "Gotta light?"

Zen

I'm pretty certain most people who were revisiting it on the it's soap aspects charm and not so bonkers first seasons have already well and truly left. It's discussion and viewing numbers are massively down, almost instantly from the point realised no one is putting handcuffs on Lynch, not even Frost who I'm not sure is even having a great deal of input in the creative part at all, up to now at least.

Though I do think it'll get back to soap aspects.....when Coop gets back to Twin Peaks, but the trip back is a fascinating Lynchian odyssey.

Sweet Square

I'm pretty certain most people who were revisiting it on the it's soap aspects charm and not so bonkers first seasons have already well and truly left. It's discussion and viewing numbers are massively down, almost instantly from the point realised no one is putting handcuffs on Lynch, not even Frost who I'm not sure is even having a great deal of input in the creative part at all, up to now at least.

Though I do think it'll get back to soap aspects.....when Coop gets back to Twin Peaks, but the trip back is a fascinating Lynchian odyssey.
Does the handcuff argument really hold with Lynch, I could be wrong but the times that Lynch has been reined in it's always gone to shit. The most famous case being Dune but also the second season of Twin Peaks, also the next projects after(So where Lynch has complete control)are normal pretty brilliant, Blue Velvet(My favourite of his work)came after the mess of Dune and Twin Peaks : Fire Walk With Me came after season two of the tv show and although some still don't like it I think everyone will admit it's a hell of a lot better than season 2.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue

Frost is also pretty weird, the Black Lodge was his idea for an example.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I wanted it to be as bat shit crazy as possible and it is. Loving it.

They really let Lynch do what he pleases. Bold.

Eckers99

I wanted it to be as bat shit crazy as possible and it is. Loving it.

They really let Lynch do what he pleases. Bold.
You can see why Lynch nearly ended up walking away from it can't you? Imagine how the suits felt when they started to realise what they were paying for? They were hoping for a straightforward cash in on a one-time cultural phenomenon and they got this!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
NiN & monochromatic visuals work perfectly with Lynch's atmosphere. Nothing beats Twin Peaks this year.

I don't think recent so called horror movies got something on this one single episode. The giant sending Laura's soul to earth to counter birth of Bob in this reality was just too cool and that's really a small part of what the whole show probably have at disposal.

More of this, please.

Keenst

NiN & monochromatic visuals work perfectly with Lynch's atmosphere. Nothing beats Twin Peaks this year.

I don't think recent so called horror movies got something on this one single episode. The giant sending Laura's soul to earth to counter birth ob Bob in this reality was just too cool and that's really a small part of what the whole show probably have at disposal.

More of this, please.
Have you seen the NIN music video for the song Came Back Haunted?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Have you seen the NIN music video for the song Came Back Haunted?
Yup, good call with this one. It seems Lynch & Reznor have the same path in visualising strongest emotions. Happiness in Slavery and We're In This Together got some similar artistic choices.

It's the most perfect collaboration.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is the water and this is the well

Eckers99

When I read twin peaks I just thought of Tittes and this thread isn't that so now I'm bored!
There are titties in episode one. Only they're being annihilated by an egg-spewing spectre from another dimension. Will that do?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Can't say I'm enjoying this to be honest. I watched the first five episodes of the new season yesterday. There's about one or two things actually happening every episode and watching Cooper being a drooling mess is just frustrating as hell.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I watched Fire Walk With Me in between teaching today. Why did people hate it so much when it was released? It seemed pretty similar to the series to me and pushed on a few parts of the story. Fits in well with the new series too.

Sweet Square

Haven't watched the last couple of episodes but this is up there with some of the best from the first season

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So it's basically confirmed that Benjamin Horne is Audrey's son? I saw a couple of theories assuming so earlier in the season. Interesting I guess, albeit a little Rosemary's Baby vibe if it's with Evil Coop.

evil_geko

Towards the end we had the old Dale Cooper back just for a moment there when he said "damn good...", great episode!

Amir

It was a very good episodes and the threads are coming together nicely. I still can't help but feel disappointed that...

It seems we're going to get very little of the actual Dale Cooper. :(

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Started off with culmination of fecked up vibes but ended with Cooper back to eating pie.

Twin Peaks, I swear...