Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Ban ManUtd stuff too. They basically just quote the papers. If we wanted to know, we'd look for ourselves.

Edit: What Mainoldo said.

LR7

Or maybe people overly sensitive to bs should just not enter the twitter thread?
There will be hardly anything in here if we are ridiculously selective.

Moonred

Ban ManUtd stuff too. They basically just quote the papers. If we wanted to know, we'd look for ourselves.

Edit: What Mainoldo said.
Sportwitness does the same, if everyone could look for themselves, we wouldn't need this thread at all. I don't think you get the idea of this.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Can't people just take each tweet containing transfer speculation with a pinch of salt.

Speak

Sportwitness does the same, if everyone could look for themselves, we wouldn't need this thread at all. I don't think you get the idea of this.
I wasn't being serious (that didn't come across obviously)
My point was - where do you draw the line on who/what to ban?

Considering 99% is crap anyway.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
People could just join twitter instead and decide which tweets to follow for themselves. It's much easier that way and is how twitter actually works.

Moonred

I wasn't being serious (that didn't come across obviously)
My point was - where do you draw the line on who/what to ban?

Considering 99% is crap anyway.
Alright. I guess if you are familiar with the twitter world and journos, you would know what should be taken as seriously and what is just plain rumors or rubbish.

Speak

Can't people just take each tweet containing transfer speculation with a pinch of salt.
Probably the best thing. Anything noteworthy will be edited into the relevant thread title anyway. And at that point, it's almost certainly from a proper source.

I'd lock the 'twitter thread' in the off-season personally. But that's for another thread.

twitter thread suggester
This thread is intended to update those of us that don't use Twitter.

IndyKaila making up bullshit 100% of the time: No value
Mirror making up bullshit 80% of the time: Value
Sportwitness translating and quoting foreign newspapers: Value

Fairly simple really.

Speak

Fairly simple really.
But even when a tweet from the Mirror or quoting the Mirror is posted, you still get "It's the Mirror though". Same with Goal.com.
What about Welbeck's 'Johno' mate? Some want to see it; some don't. And you can bet that each time he's posted they'll be a debate.

If people get wound up by tweets then they can wait until a proper update (via a thread title change) or when they have access to BBC Sport.

twitter thread suggester
But even when a tweet from the Mirror or quoting the Mirror is posted, you still get "It's the Mirror though". Same with Goal.com.
What about Welbeck's 'Johno' mate? Some want to see it; some don't. And you can bet that each time he's posted they'll be a debate.
Yes, but the Goal, Mirror and Johno are actually in positions to know something now and again, and thus we are willing to listen and judge for ourselves.
With Kayla everyone know he is just making up crap - so why should we have to read his posts? You might as well post pictures of flowers.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read

Fairly simple really.
Honestly, I don't see how people can't get this into their head. It's getting tedious now.

Stretch

Fairly simple really.
Tancredi? He's wrong 90% if the time but he has got some things right, Value no?

Point is, where does one draw the line? It's all subjective. Let the tweets get posted. Users can decide for themselves if they believe it or not.

Speak

Yes, but the Goal, Mirror and Johno are actually in positions to know something now and again, and thus we are willing to listen and judge for ourselves.
With Kayla everyone know he is just making up crap - so why should we have to read his posts? You might as well post pictures of flowers.
Tancredi (who's on the list) and Balague (who's always slated) though?

As much as the Mirror are in a position to know something now and again, look at who's quoted in the 'Guardiola wants to sell Schweinsteiger' story - Graham Hunter. That's all there is to the 'story' - Barely two sentences. It's essentially like a tweet from Hunter. And is he any more reliable than Tancredi (who's gotten things correct according to some)?

It's really down to everyone to decide for themselves - Bearing in mind that hardly anybody would know what's actually going on anyway.

Last edited:

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Just to clarify things here I think that all posts in this thread discussing Twitter Discussion should be moved to a new thread called the Twitter Discussion Discussion thread and that only actual Twitter Discussion should remain here.

I'm open to dicuss this further in the appropriate thread

MkPaul

learnt from the best

Fairly simple really.
Agreed.

How do you feel about Rafa Hernandez/Balague/Tancredi?

kotha

Thought Lambert was building up a young squad with no place for veterans like Shay Given.. Joe Cole doesn't seem to fit that mould..

On topic though,Joe Cole as far as i can remember did not play a lot of matches last year.. Hope he turns out to be a good signing for Villa,I like the way Paul Lambert is building a young team for the past 2 years..

Baxter

Agreed.

How do you feel about Rafa Hernandez/Balague/Tancredi?
Tancredi and Balague are journalists. I'm pretty sure Rafa Hernandez isn't. I don't mind Tancredi but he posts every single transfer rumour he comes across by the looks of things meaning some are definitely going to be bullshit.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Thought Lambert was building up a young squad with no place for veterans like Shay Given.. Joe Cole doesn't seem to fit that mould..

On topic though,Joe Cole as far as i can remember did not play a lot of matches last year.. Hope he turns out to be a good signing for Villa,I like the way Paul Lambert is building a young team for the past 2 years..
You must be in the minority then because every single Villa fan I know detests Lambert with a passion. This is the worst Villa team for decades due to a real lack of investment & Joe Cole won't improve it. The sooner Lerner sells the club the better for them.

RedBistro

Benfica and Valencia are as good as agree on a €25m move for Enzo Pérez. Man United/Spurs also interest, but he isn't top priority. [A Bola]

Linked to another player.... Is that the 50th name yet? Can't be far off.

kotha

You must be in the minority then because every single Villa fan I know detests Lambert with a passion. This is the worst Villa team for decades due to a real lack of investment & Joe Cole won't improve it. The sooner Lerner sells the club the better for them.
I really don't have any idea about Villa owners.. The only reason I think Lambert is doing a good job is because I remember reading when he was hired that Villa's finances were not so good because of overspending during Martin O'Neill time.. So i just thought maintaining their place in the premier league with a young bunch of players was good for them..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
It'll be ''I'm signing for the Champions of Europe'' on twatter all over again.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
They said that he proposed himself to Madrid and Man utd, and that he is seeking for at least 5m, not that madrid offered him that

Since we need him and Madrid not really, we could be in pole position.
Yes you're right about the wages bit. But I was just saying that that tweet is misleading.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
It'll be ''I'm signing for the Champions of Europe'' on twatter all over again.
Yep. In the last three years, Sanchez, Hazard and Thiago all joined the Champions League winners instead of us in consecutive seasons... Kroos next?

Status
Not open for further replies.