Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
This is what Ducker says, "United are not pursuing Vidal at this moment in time but that could change"
"United are interested in di Maria but have not taken the interest any further but that could also change"

Fantastic insight
i.e. Woodward's no longer on speed dial.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Didn't know that then.

Even if we leave him out, Adam Crafton who's generally getting everything spot on w.r.t us says he's our major target.
I agree with you mate, i've noticed he has been the Journo to be the most credible thus far with his news, could be guess work but he's been good thus far.

Ekeke

Mourinho says Varane is the best CB in the world. Of course he'll take him if he gets the chance. Zouma was a a backup to St Etienne's impressive backline last season of course he wont stand in the way of other deals. He's a punt.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
If that's true about Evra's wife then what an ungrateful tart she is. Can't understand for the life of me why footballers get married.
If that's true about Evra's wife then what an ungrateful tart she is. Can't understand for the life of me why footballers get married.
You must really have a hard-on for that post, or you suffer from short-term memory loss - you posted it twice mate (a minute apart).

You're the Djembe Djembe of posting - "A post so good - its posted twice.." :smirk:

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
When Vidal gets back from holiday, we will ensure from his agent that we have a green light to start bidding. I am sure we already have an idea what it will take to make Juventus sell.

I think things will move after LvG gets back.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Italian and Chilean news outlets are not twitter. Twitter is just the means by which we come across the news the stories they publish.

There has been reports in British press as well, albeit not reliable (Daily Mail, Mirror etc.)
No it hasn't.
Major news outlets in both Chile and Italy have been running with this story.
Doesn't mean its going to happen, but it is definitely not just Twitter made up rumours.
Yeah I've already said that and they are unreliable like Twitter.

Becknaldolencia

Chelsea already possess a quality young French centre-back and I'm unsure Madrid would be so open to selling to him.

PSG already possess three extremely expensive centre-backs and need to keep an eye on FFP.

I don't see him leaving anyway, Madrid won't let him go.
Didn't Mourhino say a week back that he's the best defender in the world? I can see that now as a part of the plan.

Santos J

Mourinho says Varane is the best CB in the world. Of course he'll take him if he gets the chance. Zouma was a a backup to St Etienne's impressive backline last season of course he wont stand in the way of other deals. He's a punt.
To be fair Zouma was only back up after he agreed to move to Chelsea. Think he'll be loaned out anyway though.

Juan't Mata

What we really need to find out is when Vidal is back from holidays. Get on the case, Muppets.

Infra-red

Do United not have any real ITKs on Twitter who actually know what they're talking about?

It's weird. Arsenal have about three legitimate ones who everyone follows. Liverpool have a couple of journalists who are constantly leaked to, officially and unofficially.

United have Ducker/Ogden who just get whatever PR spin United choose to reveal. Is there no-one who's actually close to the action who leaks to an independent person?
Taylor, Herbert and Ladyman have been the ones to listen to under the Woodward regime. There are reliable people with a line on what's going on at the club around on the net, but they are located on private forums rather than twitter.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Whether we get Vidal or someone else, the positive thing here is that we're after another 3 or 4 players and are looking to sell some of the fringe ones. I found Ducker's info good news, as he doesn't say that we won't get Vidal or Di Maria - just that deals are not as close as other ''sources'' have led us to believe this past couple of days. Just because Ducker's not saying what we want to hear (like Vidal due to arrive in Manchester for his medical in the coming hours), doesn't mean that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

We've already signed 2 new players so it'd be normal if we're taking our time with the other signings. Ducker said that apparenty Di Maria is not a current priority as we're pursuing other targets that are unknown even for him. We're obviously under the radar this summer and it's all good news for me.

I believe that after the Adidas deal has been now confirmed, we're likely to speed things up regarding the transfers. Woody is doing a brilliant job this summer and we should just be patient and trust him and Van Gaal.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
The comments about us saying a deal for Vidal is not imminent isn't denying that we are trying to sign him. If negotiations are ongoing, then they will want to distance themselves from any reports that suggest we see the discussions purely as a formality.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If they sold Marquinhos then they'd need another CB. They were also interested in him before e moved to Real I think.
The player won't accept going to PSG to be third choice, not to mention why would PSG spend 50m euros on Luiz if they then chuck him on the bench? If Varane is leaving Real, it'll be for first team football.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Didn't know that then.

Even if we leave him out, Adam Crafton who's generally getting everything spot on w.r.t us says he's our major target.
The lovely and incredibly handsome KM is correct. Crafton is very reliable, feck the others.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Because it's PSG and I doubt they care if £50 Million is sitting on the bench.
Nah, you're being silly. I could see Varane ending up at Chelsea and replacing Terry. I'm pretty certain we'd bid for him too if given the chance.

More likely however is that Real will offer him a new contract and he'll be happy as pie.

2E_MUFC

So sky sports are reliable any one remember.... Sky sources understand Eden Hazard would prefer a move to man utd :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nah, you're being silly. I could see Varane ending up at Chelsea and replacing Terry. I'm pretty certain we'd bid for him too if given the chance.

More likely however is that Real will offer him a new contract and he'll be happy as pie.
From the little i know, he's not the type of person who would cry over a new contract, if the rumour is true it's about football or life in Spain.

gza the genius

Ducker really does just seem to be covering all the bases. He says we're definitely in for a midfielder, central defender, possible left back and winger, yet doesn't name any specific players. Sounds like he doesn't actually know all that much. Not that I particularly think Vidal will be coming here.

FromTheBench

Re Vidal it's obvious we are interested and have enquired before for him which was confirmed by a few sources English and Italian including DI Marzio.

Beyond that i beleive the stories in Chilean press about us asking for his medical reports from Chilean staff which they would know and the 2 papers reporting it were generally okayish in Chile. Plus they reported it in pretty great detail. Would be one odd thing to make up for your star player otherwise.

I beleive since then Gazetta and Corriere dello sport have reported the same in Italy.

Beyond that we know nothing. Whether there have indeed been talks or are schedule to be or whether we have submitted a formal/informal offer.

Could be the Evra hold up is linked to that in some way but everyone seems to be guessing on that.

The quotes Vidal gave were encouraging though, and indicated that there has been contact with his agent and he is open to a move. Remember neither Juve or his agent have denied any move reports.

While in Pogba's case earlier in the summer Juve denied rumours and this time his agent denied rumors that weren't that big either the next day re Chelsea.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
From the little i know, he's not the type of person who would cry over a new contract, if the rumour is true it's about football or life in Spain.
He played a fair bit under Mourinho, he didn't play much last season (not helped by having a few injuries). I imagine he's just a bit miffed at not playing much, I'm not sure we really need another young CB though and he'd cost a mini fortune to buy if we tried.

NMF

So sky sports are reliable any one remember.... Sky sources understand Eden Hazard would prefer a move to man utd :lol:
To be fair at the time it did seem we were the favorites to get him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He played a fair bit under Mourinho, he didn't play much last season (not helped by having a few injuries). I imagine he's just a bit miffed at not playing much, I'm not sure we really need another young CB though and he'd cost a mini fortune to buy if we tried.
The thing is that he is young but he is world class when fit, his age doesn't matter.

FromTheBench

Situations change. Hazard prefered us over City IIRC and we were offering similar, then Chelski came in and gazumped Wages and agent fees as SAF confirmed. On top of that they had won CL to gain entry into that in the meanwhile and London factor.

So all worked against us at the last moment. Same in that summer with Lucas Moura. Man that was tough. :(

We signed Zaha as the only winger after that in Winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.