Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

b82REZ

I agree. United missed out for one reason or another on players with European football, when they were champions. So, it's natural there'll be players who won't join united because of no European football.
Unfortunately too many fans thinks we have a divine right to sign any player and they should be honoured if were after them.

Recent history shows we're not as big an attraction as we once were or as a lot of fans think.

Plus we've never been a club to buy the finished article, but invest in potential and nurture those players to the best in the world.

b82REZ

Indeed we are.

To quote Vidal recently, "I'm very calm, but anyone would love to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world."
That is just default answer 101 during silly season.

I still think he was using us for better Juve deal or to force another club to make a move.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
That is just default answer 101 during silly season.

I still think he was using us for better Juve deal or to force another club to make a move.

He only signed a new deal with Juve in December, that boosted his wages. Do you honestly believe he is holding them to ransom, using us?

Browniee

With van Gaal essentially confirming his interest in Strootman aren't we ending our interest in Vidal?
Was there ever any interest?

Can't believe we will throw all out dice at Strootman. No one knows how he will recover.

b82REZ

He only signed a new deal with Juve in December, that boosted his wages. Do you honestly believe he is holding them to ransom, using us?
Of course it's possible.

Wouldn't be the first player to do it. If he has signed a new deal recently it's more likely he's trying to entice another club to make a bid.

This whole saga is the rule, not the exception.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Of course it's possible.

Wouldn't be the first player to do it. *If he has signed a new deal recently it's more likely he's trying to entice another club to make a bid.

This whole saga is the rule, not the exception.
Highly unlikely, bearing in mind the kind of season he has had since his new deal. He was crocked significantly from March until his op.

*You clearly don't know much about the player, but have decided to spout whilst keeping your glass much less than half full.

I think Vidal would love a move to OT and a doubling of his salary, however nobody has a clue what LvG has planned.

b82REZ

Highly unlikely, bearing in mind the kind of season he has had since his new deal. He was crocked significantly from March until his op.

You clearly don't know much about the player, but have decided to spout whilst keeping your glass much less than half full.

I think Vidal would love a move to OT and a doubling of his salary, however nobody has a clue what LvG has planned.
And you are an expert on him?

I don't really know what you're on about in your first paragraph after what you bolded in the quote.

I also haven't commented on the player, but his preference of club were he to leave Italy.

The likely hood of us signing him was always slim, not one reputable source linked us to him.

But keep on clinging to random tweets from no marks.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

*You clearly don't know much about the player, but have decided to spout whilst keeping your glass much less than half full.

this.

noobs are so clueless these days...

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Jeez, these Cavani rumors won't go away will they? We already have four strikers. So are we going to get another high profile one and then plan on selling two of the current crop?

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
And you are an expert on him?

I don't really know what you're on about in your first paragraph after what you bolded in the quote.

I also haven't commented on the player, but his preference of club were he to leave Italy.

The likely hood of us signing him was always slim, not one reputable source linked us to him.

But keep on clinging to random tweets from no marks.

Hold on a second. You spouted about him perhaps not wanting to join us because of the CL nonsense.

Then when I asked you whether you actually believed he as using us to get a new deal, you replied, "Of course it is possible".

You are blowing in the wind, spouting for the sake of it and had clearly no idea of Vidal's contract situation, something perhaps you should have researched.

Please show me how, "But keep on clinging to random tweets from no marks" applies to me. My argument was with your assumption that Manchester United under LvG holds much less attraction to players because we are temporarily out of the CL. Total baws and something I would expect to read in the very tweets you speak of.

My advice to you, if you are going to stick your head up and spout, be sure of your facts.

Last edited:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I can see it now.

Woodword: "And as promised guys, our very own marquee signing!"

Woodword rips down curtains to reveal Cavani as one journalist applauds and Cavani asks where his sign on bonus is.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Why is it one or the other? We are clearly in need of more than one midfielder.
United do need another midfielder, but the feeling might be that van Gaal doesn't want two number 8's in his midfield. He might want a 6 like Strootman or somebody else, an 8 aka Herrera and he's got a 10 in Mata.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The question is, if he signed for us, how long would it take to shake off the feeling of being second choice?
It wouldn't matter as he'd be our player. Besides, it's all speculation at the moment and there's no proof that we're his second choice.

fallengt

Jeez, these Cavani rumors won't go away will they? We already have four strikers. So are we going to get another high profile one and then plan on selling two of the current crop?
PSG definitely want to offload Cavani so they start the rumour. There's no way we sign another Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.