Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I feel like some sort of madness will occur, and we will just come out of the blue and confirm di Maria and Vidal.

b82REZ

Hold on a second. You spouted about him perhaps not wanting to join us because of the CL nonsense.

Then when I asked you whether you actually believed he as using us to get a new deal, you replied, "Of course it is possible".

You are blowing in the wind, spouting for the sake of it and had clearly no idea of Vidal's contract situation, something perhaps you should have researched.

Please show me how, "But keep on clinging to random tweets from no marks" applies to me. My argument was with your assumption that Manchester United under LvG holds much less attraction to players because we are temporarily out of the CL. Total baws and something I would expect to read in the very tweets you speak of.

My advice to you, if you are going to stick your head and spout, be sure of your facts.
You clearly have issues with comprehension. I've never stated anything as fact re Vidal specifically. I've talked genneally about similar links over previous years.

I never said he didn't want to join us due to lack of CL, I said he "may not" want to miss a year of CL football during his prime, plus the fact there is no guarantee well be in Europe next year.

Not sure what your issue with me saying him using us for a better contract or to engineer a move elsewhere was possible, seeing as that happens countless times every year with other players.

You've chosen to cling to the quote about playing for ONE of the best clubs in the world. Ignoring the fact he recently said no when asked about United.

I mentioned no mark tweets because it's been them that have continued this story and are the only "sources" linking us to him.

Not sure why you've taken any exception to anything I've said and why your now making passive aggressive comments.

Seveneric

Maybe LVG and Woody use code words when discussing transfers so the press don't get wind of it and the code word for VIdal is Cavani :(
That would make more sense than the signing.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Tweets guys tweets.

Last two pages have only contained 7 tweets.

NMF

Any one who says according to sources without actually naming those sources are always BS

fallengt

We might if Hernandez leaves and we stick to the 3-5-2 formation.
We still have plenty of backup options, that's including young prospects and according to vs LA Galaxy match those front 2 don't need to be strikers. And how do you fit Rooney RvP Cavani into 3-5-2?

JP77

I can see it happening, we pass on Vidal, Cesc, Kroos, Carvalho and probably Di Maria and sign Cavani for a massive fee. The rest of Europe will be laughing at us
Laughing at us for having signed a quality player? Not sure why they'd find it that funny.

Browniee

Laughing at us for having signed a quality player? Not sure why they'd find it that funny.
No doubt he's a quality player, but we don't need another striker. We need midfielders and defenders. Would you be happy with us spunking £40-£50m on Cavani and that be our last transfer this window

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
We still have plenty of backup options, that's including young prospects and according to vs LA Galaxy match those front 2 don't need to be strikers.
There were some reports earlier in the summer that we want to add explosiveness to our attack and that's why we're looking at Cavani. The rumours have stuck around so there might be something to it. Still, at least 3-4 players must leave the club for the Cavani transfer to make sense, which remains to be seen.

JP77

No doubt he's a quality player, but we don't need another striker. We need midfielders and defenders. Would you be happy with us spunking £40-£50m on Cavani and that be our last transfer this window
I'd agree, I don't think a striker/attacker is what we need to be focusing completely on ahead of another CM and the CB position. I'm not debating that part, just the idea that teams across Europe would be laughing at us. Madrid just signed James and are potentially getting Falcao. That's Di Maria, Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, James and possible Falcao. You think people will be laughing at them if they sign Falcao and saying "What idiots, they already have enough strikers!"?

Would want us focusing on another midfielder and two center backs first. Certainly wouldn't be worried about people laughing at us if we signed a quality player like Cavani though.

slir32

If we have unlimited funds why would Cavani be our last signing i say nuts Woody.

Y2A

If we are signing Cavani instead of Di Maria, I would be astonished.

Also I don't believe that PSG is first choice for Di Maria and us second for anything apart from Money.

Maldini's Hair

There were some reports earlier in the summer that we want to add explosiveness to our attack and that's why we're looking at Cavani. The rumours have stuck around so there might be something to it. Still, at least 3-4 players must leave the club for the Cavani transfer to make sense, which remains to be seen.
I could be wrong but Cavani doesn't strike me as being particularly explosive?

Brightonian

Tbh I wouldn't want Cavani even if we were signing all our other muppet targets too.

Nor is there any chance that Van Gaal wants him, given that:

1. He's already complaining that we have too many strikers.
2. He seems to like Rooney in that position already.
3. He loves RVP.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
If we are actually in for Di Maria, then there is no way we will be going for Cavani until Di Maria is secured.

We wouldn't want to make it easy for PSG.

Juan't Mata

If we are actually in for Di Maria, then there is no way we will be going for Cavani until Di Maria is secured.

We wouldn't want to make it easy for PSG.
No chance we are in for Di Maria. LVG has basically made wingers redundant and has said already we have way too many number 10's.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Any one who says according to sources without actually naming those sources are always BS
Its usually BS, or in other cases the Journo can't reveal his source because the information was given to him as long as the name of the source won't be revealed. This is true in most types of journalism, including sport.

Browniee

If we have unlimited funds why would Cavani be our last signing i say nuts Woody.
If we had unlimited funds we would be pressing for top top players like Vidal, Hummels and Di Maria. Signing any of them is a dream. Shaw and Herrera feels like they joined years ago. We have a month left in the window and none of us are any clearer on who we are after. Is be gutted if we managed I sign Cavani and him being our last signing.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Cavani is class but not World Class and I'd only want us to get another striker if he was that. Why would we be in for Cavani? I mean it wouldn't be a bad move but we have more pressing matters. If we got him and other players then I'd be happy with Cavani but him alone isn't enough.

FujiVice

I totally see us buying Cavani. It just seems like to odd of a rumour to be made up. This has been hinted at for months now and hasn't went away. I think he's an awesome player and wouldn't exactly cry in my pillow if he got him, but it creates a bit of a dilema in a position of the team when there are many holes we should be filling.

saivet

Cavani is class but not World Class and I'd only want us to get another striker if he was that. Why would we be in for Cavani? I mean it wouldn't be a bad move but we have more pressing matters. If we got him and other players then I'd be happy with Cavani but him alone isn't enough.
Not even to mention that he'd cost a fortune.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I totally see us buying Cavani. It just seems like to odd of a rumour to be made up. This has been hinted at for months now and hasn't went away. I think he's an awesome player and wouldn't exactly cry in my pillow if he got him, but it creates a bit of a dilema in a position of the team when there are many holes we should be filling.
Agree we need a midfielder and a centre back of real quality. I'd be shocked if we don't sign this in the next month. I also see players leaving no doubt.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
And its not just a case of transfer fees and the position he plays in but also his wages. He is going to want something around the £150k-200k per week. I hope thats not the case if we get him.

Tarrou

The rumours could be coming from PSG or his agent. Wouldn't be the first or last time a club has used our name to generate some interest or get a better price.

SATA

I would have love Griezmann to be at United rather than an over-priced Di Maria or Cavani. Reasonable fee for a very good player whom still can improve

Castia

It's been Juve making all the noise, I'm sure they're secretly desperate to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.