Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid234

I think we're being used by Real to force PSG to up their bid for Di Maria.. I don't think it really is between us and PSG, and that Di Maria will move to us because he's tired of PSG.. Real Madrid and his agent are using the press to force PSG's hand.

Sid234

PSG have to sell atleast 2 players for a big fee to cover their buys so far this summer.. If Verrati is up for sale, we should try to bring him in imo!

Tarrou

If we sign Cavani and that funds Di Maria for PSG, I'm gonna be pissed! I don't think LVG would approve such silly behaviour though.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Wouldn't it be kind of ironic if di Maria chose to goto PSG due to Champions League football, then PSG gets thrown out of the Champions League due to repeated FFP breaches. Not likely to happen, but it'd be funny if it did.

Brightonian

Where exactly would we play him in the 3412?
We wouldn't, we'd go back to 4 at the back to accommodate him. LVG's as good as said that he's been forced into using the 352 to accommodate our imbalanced squad, but might swap back to a 433 of some sort if the situation changes. I imagine we'd play something like this if we got Di Maria:

DDG
Rafa Jones Evans Shaw
Carrick Herrera
Januzaj Mata Di Maria
RVP​

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's almost like PSG are going out of their way to test the rules!

Unless they're doing it the risky way of getting their players in first, and then shifting 100m of players.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Wouldn't it be kind of ironic if di Maria chose to goto PSG due to Champions League football, then PSG gets thrown out of the Champions League due to repeated FFP breaches. Not likely to happen, but it'd be funny if it did.
It's surely getting to the stage now that this has to cross the mind of players joining PSG.

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Too true, but PSG "will wait to announce the deal" only when they have sold Cavani, so could be a while

walsh

Hasn't this guy been on the banned list for ages though...
Yeah but every time someone posts his tweets there's a debate about why/who should be on the banned list, who thinks there should and shouldn't be a banned list etc etc. The odd tweet isn't going to give anyone serious mental issues so may as well let it be.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Too true, but PSG "will wait to announce the deal" only when they have sold Cavani, so could be a while
Either that, or they come to an agreement with Real whereby they will "loan" di Maria for a season for a small fee, with an option to buy for €xx amount at the end of the season. It's just up to UEFA then whether they take any action for doing that, as it's clear that it's just a way to get around the rules.

bonusroller

So whilst the rest of the media are saying we are in with a good chance, Tanc and now AS say it's pretty much a done deal to PSG. Be a good test of Tanc.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If this is true, and di Maria does go to PSG, then i can see some pretty serious implications coming their way. UEFA won't want to see their FFP regulations fail, and seeing as PSG are blatantly flouting the rules, they're probably going to make an example of them. City have faced FFP sanctions are they're sticking to them. I bet they'll have something to say if PSG continue taking the p*ss

Status
Not open for further replies.