Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun

Staff
He's worth it though, looked class for France at the WC and had a very good season last year. Hope he whispers to them about Zaldua. :p
He's a top talent, no doubt. Just surprised to see Atletico spend all the Costa money on him. Who's Zaldua? :confused:

bonusroller

In less than 24 hrs we have had ...

- Van Gaal say he trains minds more than legs.
- Cleverly suggest he is LVG's kind of player, right in front of LVG
- Cleverly made captain
- Rumours the Vidal deal is off

Zoo

I don't see the big deal about giving Cleverley the armband in a pre-season friendly.

Silverman

Wouldn't it be class if Cleverley started to really perform well every game. I think he has it in him.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

:lol:
Makes sense. He's been ridiculed and abused for the past year. LVG has to conduct a rebuilding process and that includes bringing confidence back to players like Cleverley.

We've already seen evidence of it, LVG is high fiving and hugging players left right and centre. Cleverely probably has one of the worst cases of no confidence in our squad so why not make him feel valued.

LR7

LvG giving Cleverley a confidence boost. Good man management. Hopefully he can get th best out of him.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
One needs to be really thick not to understand that Cleverley might be made captain tonight only because he is one of two players who are going to play full 90 minutes and other is Blackett. Hardly a big deal.

Red_toad

Unfortunately, Cleverley's best, still isn't good enough.
Lad had a real purple patch a few seasons ago but didnt kick on. Has all the attributes to be a very good player. If Van Gaal & Sir Alex see something in him that you dont, maybe you need to reassess your opinion of him!
Personally will be very happy if he kicks on & shows what he's capable of on a regular basis, can be a very useful squad player & might be very good in Van Gaals system.

hebegebe

We actually don't know that, as he hasn't yet reached his best.
I disagree, in one match Herrera has set the standard of what's required, and Cleverley is nowhere near him.

Pretty much the same age as each other as well.

Devil may care

Correct we don't know either, nor does Van Gaal, so its great he's giving him a proper chance to continue developing.
I agree, give him these 4 games to see if he can show anything, making him captain should surely boost his confidence.

DocRockter

Jesus christ Herrera played a great game yes, but it was against a pub team with nothing to play for and we're ready to hand him a spot in the line-up??.. I'm more than willing to start Cleverley and try to help him discover his ability again..

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Jesus christ Herrera played a great game yes, but it was against a pub team with nothing to play for and we're ready to hand him a spot in the line-up??.. I'm more than willing to start Cleverley and try to help him discover his ability again..
They're definitely not a pub team. They're a decent side in mid season form, who may have otherwise gotten something out of the game. We simply performed at a different level.

Herman Van Rompuy

Bears False Witness
I disagree, in one match Herrera has set the standard of what's required, and Cleverley is nowhere near him.

Pretty much the same age as each other as well.
Herrera's a special player. You won't find many as good as him around the world. You just don't find midfielders who can do it all like he can. His close ball control and range of passing is reminiscent of Scholes, Xavi and Iniesta. His skill ceiling is higher than Toni Kroos' and he can do the defensive side of the game too.

Not every player in your squad will be like that. Whoever we put in midfield with Herrera will be there to complement him. He's going to be the fulcrum of our midfield and in Mata, we have another wonderful player technically.

El-Manos

What ability? Cleverley did not seem to impress that much against this pub team you speak of anyway. It's already obvious Herrera is twice the player Cleverley is. This pub team were meant to be a lot fitter than us considering they are in the middle of their season.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
2/10 for WUM attempt. Must try harder.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Cleverley played against the same team and got nowhere near Herrera's level of performance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Herrera became BY FAR our best midfielder the second we signed him. It's not even up for debate. The position up for debate is who will partner him. We're putting him in the lineup because like Mata, or Van Persie, or De Gea, he's just a class above the others.

hebegebe

Were Utd a pub team when he played against us in 2012?

The lad is class, this is the quality we should be aiming to have in our midfield, Cleverley has never played at this level, even in his so called "purple patch" and at 24 I just don't see it happening.

I haven't got at bummer on Cleverley, he's an academy product, I just don't think he's good enough.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Herrera's a special player. You won't find many as good as him around the world. You just don't find midfielders who can do it all like he can. His close ball control and range of passing is reminiscent of Scholes, Xavi and Iniesta. His skill ceiling is higher than Toni Kroos' and he can do the defensive side of the game too.

Not every player in your squad will be like that. Whoever we put in midfield with Herrera will be there to complement him. He's going to be the fulcrum of our midfield and in Mata, we have another wonderful player technically.
Talk about exaggeration.

Firstouch20

Imagine the scenes if you don't sign another midfielder because of Cleverly. Van Gaal really isn't making it easy for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.