Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
RetroStu isnt very retro it seems.

Back in the day, all we had was newspapers & the gossip section on Ceefax & Teletext to get the lowdown on who we're after & we generally had a shitload of optimism that a player was coming.

F*ck - i even rang one of those rip-off football transfer lines back in early 90's, that was listed on Ceefax or Teletext:

"Ring this number to find out which world superstar is coming to Old Trafford.."

What a waste of money that was - Mum wasnt impressed thats for sure. Lesson learned. Now we have The Matrix compared to all that shite & hassle though.. :D

RetroStu

How about Herrera? That one goes over a year back.
Thats exactly my point, Herrera was another Moura, Thiago, Fabregas etc, the only difference was that we actually ended up with him in the end.
Plus i didn't actually mention Herrera.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I'd love to be wrong, in fact Vidal and Di Maria would improve us VASTLY but i just don't trust us with these types of top class transfers, we have been burnt too many times.
The fact that we finally seem willing to spend some real money for a change does give slight optimism but i'm not going to hold my breath.
Michael Hutchence fan?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How on earth was RVP quickly done?

We actually signed him in second week of August. The rumours about him started in may.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How on earth was RVP quickly done?

We actually signed him in second week of August. The rumours about him started in may.
I remember reading that Ferguson was in constant contact with Wenger throughout the whole year too.

jesperjaap

Apart from Herrera all these other long winded examples are domestic signings, not the same

Brophs

The One and Only

Cracking signing if true. Why no bigger clubs are in for him I don't know.

Browniee

Still can't see why Di Maria would agree personal terms with us when he is still at the WC.

crossy1686

career ending
Still can't see why Di Maria would agree personal terms with us when he is still at the WC.
If he wants a move then why not? There are other players who agreed terms with clubs while playing at the World Cup. Plus, you know what Real are like, they could change their mind and force him to stay after the final or bump the price up if he plays a blinder.

crossy1686

career ending
Wait, I'm confused.

Are we about to sign Di Maria or are we getting Vidal instead? I need something to be excited about and I want to make sure my excitement is directed at the correct target.

Browniee

If he wants a move then why not? There are other players who agreed terms with clubs while playing at the World Cup. Plus, you know what Real are like, they could change their mind and force him to stay after the final or bump the price up if he plays a blinder.
True. If you were the national team coach you would ban all club talk till after wouldn't you. We may of approached Madrid but to agree personal terms if a tad far fetched imo. Only two days left of the WC, you never know

RetroStu

True. If you were the national team coach you would ban all club talk till after wouldn't you. We may of approached Madrid but to agree personal terms if a tad far fetched imo. Only two days left of the WC, you never know
If it was true, it would be more a case of Di Maria telling his agent that he'd accept £150kpw and 5k goal bonus for example, his agent would then do the negotiating i'm sure.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah you could be right but I don't know about you, I'd be bricking it leading up to this World Cup final knowing the magnitude of the game. I bet the coaches have give the players a couple of days off to try and take their minds off things. The last thing you want is to sit in your hotel room for 3 days thinking about playing in the World Cup final.

I think it's unlikely we've agreed personal terms but I'm going to stay optimistic and hope it's true. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.