Twitter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodzy

Paddy Power don't even make their own gifs, evident by stealing that one from Olly the other week. Can't see them paying to chop down rain forest! Not to mention it's clearly PR suicide...
Well it says 'PP' so I'd say it's from them. They clearly haven't chopped down a rainforest just to write "Come on England" though.

binary bot
Someone needs to photoshop 'wrong one - Moyes out' in to the picture.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Before his injury, Valencia was one of the best winger in the PL. We shouldn't forgot that.
Yeah totally plus he still is a good player Young on the other hand is a waste of a jersey

Devil may care

Because that is exactly how we ended up with Valencia and Young in the first place.
Exactly, there is no point in replacing average with average, we might as well wait until a truly quality option is available or one of the younger players already at the club is ready.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We also shouldn't forget that the injury did not coincide with him turning shit, since he won player of the season for us after his leg break.
I'm talking about his hip injury caused by a leg shorter than the other.

JPRouve

Scout
Did you know that everyone has one leg shorter than the other?

That's a fact you can take to the bank.

I think.
Yes but there is a limit in the difference between your legs. If the difference is too "big" that induce back or hip problems.

binary bot
Exactly, there is no point in replacing average with average, we might as well wait until a truly quality option is available or one of the younger players already at the club is ready.
We won't be signing him if we think he's average. If we sign him then it will be because we think he can go up another level here. Of course players with limited ability can be still be extremely effective in the right system, especially those who bring pace to a slowish attack.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Can't believe there are people actually wondering whether the rainforest pic is real or not.
That city fan on twitter certainly seems to believe it (or at least love the attention)! The replies are hilarious.

dev1l

• Man Utd Price Watch
    @MANU14Dollars

There is a rumour (nothing more) that the highest offer for the #MUFC kit deal was from @Warrior
    10:56 a.m. Sat, Jun 7
insert darth Vader gif "NOooooooooo"

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I thought about it and looked into the possibility of doing so with my lawyer, but in the end we came to the conclusion that the huge amount of negative press Paddy Power would get would be too unfair.
:lol: First they're chopping down rainforests to show support the England team, next they are stealing the credit of hardworking gifmakers. Yeah you should cut them some slack, they are going through hard times.

binary bot

Seems like an issue similar to Martinez/Herrera

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So the tax is only on the buyout clause?

That sounds ridiculous.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought about it and looked into the possibility of doing so with my lawyer, but in the end we came to the conclusion that the huge amount of negative press Paddy Power would get would be too unfair.
Threaten to sue and reach a small settlement with them? Money isn't an issue for them like.

JPRouve

Scout
So the tax is only on the buyout clause?

That sounds ridiculous.
You don't pay taxes on the transfer, well not as much. Edit: You pay the TVA 19.6% or something like that.

But if the player pay the buyout clause, it's with his own money, since the player doesn't have the money, Chelsea need to give him the said money which is a remuneration which needs to be declared and taxed, in Spain it's +40%.

So Chelsea need to give 32m + 40% to Diego Costa, in order to pay the clause.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ah cheers.

Just remembered all of that from the Herrera transfer last season.

Castia

He wouldn't cost £60m, even if PSG was interested I reckon £40m would do it.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The story is in the Telegraph too. They said the fee scared us off. I thought we had £200m to spend?

walsh

He wouldn't even want to come back, he's done nothing but criticise his treatment at United since he left. It just won't happen.

The story is in the Telegraph too. They said the fee scared us off. I thought we had £200m to spend?
Doesn't mean we're comfortable paying £60m on one player...

Status
Not open for further replies.