Twitter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
What the hell are these sulia links you guys are mentioning?

binary bot
It's a site where people get paid relative to the amount of clicks they get - therefore people on twitter post rumours/stories on them to make money.

edit: what 6p said

Genius Me!

It will be crazy if Rooney signs a new contract.

I was one of the people who would have been happy for a rooney/mata swap in the summer. But he turned things around with us and i'm sure none of us would imagine we'd end up having both players in the red shirt.

Mainoldo

It will be crazy if Rooney signs a new contract.

I was one of the people who would have been happy for a rooney/mata swap in the summer. But he turned things around with us and i'm sure none of us would imagine we'd end up having both players in the red shirt.
Well most of us properly knew we wasn't going to sell to Chelsea so i suppose we did. I just don't understand how Moyes plans to play the both... Doesn't really work.

Genius Me!

Well most of us properly knew we wasn't going to sell to Chelsea so i suppose we did. I just don't understand how Moyes plans to play the both... Doesn't really work.
Well, I'd imagine signing Mata signals the start of us moving away from 442. Very exciting times ahead and a good time to be a united fan despite all the doom and gloom so far.

Mainoldo

Well, I'd imagine signing Mata signals the start of us moving away from 442. Very exciting times ahead and a good time to be a united fan despite all the doom and gloom so far.
I hope so too.. Just hope we can fit the trio in effectively... and no more Valencia!!

CallyRed

He'd be a good option if he made an impact, which I dont think Valencia does anymore.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Think Moyes meant the Summer more than this January. Not to say I don't expect us to sign anyone else, but I think the Summer is when we'll see major signings.

Skywarden

Just toss the money at everything! Mata, Vidal, Kroos, dogs, cats, grannies. Get them all aboard.

Mainoldo

How short is your memory the guy was exceptional for us!
Flipping hell. Fernando Torres was the best striker in the world at one time too. I hope Chelsea never buy a striker and keep believing in him. I really do.

Dominos

I know he is apparently "journalist". He's the guy who said Ronaldo was coming in the summer. He is one of the clowns that wants his followers to click on those bullshit sulia links. Don't do it.
There is no "apparently" about it - he writes for the Times, amongst others. Who gives a shit if he posts his articles through Sulia, why would he be any less reliable because he doesn't link directly to the times website?

No, he claimed Ronaldo wanted to return (which Ronaldo near enough confirmed as true in recent quotes about how tempted he was, with Rio trying to persuade him.

He then reported that the deal could not be done here - http://www.oneworldsports.com/stories/cristiano-ronaldos-path-united-blocked/

He was first to report on his new contract at Madrid here - http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/article1310860.ece

He reported that Mourinho wasn't a fan of Mata at the start of last summer, and that he was prepared to listen to offers. He got dogs abuse. See how that turned out..

Wittmann45

That's great

What about the little cock who said, in 2006, that Fergie should retire because he was destroying his legacy at every turn. I think he was a writer for the Times or Guardian

Those 5 league titles and another CL really tarnished that reputation

Hopefully in 20 years or so we can laugh when looking back at all those writers and fans who said that Moyes should be under pressure or sacked and pretend like we didn't think the same

Last edited:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
That's great

What about the little cock who said, in 2006, that Fergie should retire because he was destroying his legacy at every turn. I think he was a writer for the Times or Guardian

Those 5 league titles and another CL really tarnished that reputation
I have that article saved somewhere - I remember being bored one time writing an essay at university, and deciding to go through that adding notes about how wrong it was. Oddly making footnotes in that seemed to go much faster than it did writing about the fecking European Constitution.

Wittmann45

I have that article saved somewhere - I remember being bored one time writing an essay at university, and deciding to go through that adding notes about how wrong it was. Oddly making footnotes in that seemed to go much faster than it did writing about the fecking European Constitution.
I found the article but I just can't paste the link with my iPad for some frustrating reason

It's called "Shredding his legacy at every turn" and written by Rob Smyth of the Guardian

Everyone should read the article. Its amazing how many of te reasons he thinks Ferie should have retired actually turned out to be pivotal to success. From Carrick being the opposite of what we need, Ronaldo as ordinary, Fergies tactical limitations, Carlos' 'gobbledygook', Fergies lack of control, Paul Scholes, Fletcher, Duff, and ordinary signings (who I assume might be Evra or Vidic, both bought 6 months before)

I'm not saying people didn't think these things in 2006, but his predictions are almost prophetic. He even disregards the Carling Cup victory which a number of players have said actually instilled some sort of belief that the team could be successful. I know Neville has said that he felt it was a launching pad for the teams later success

Also, is it irony that an article written about tarnished reputations would actually go on to tarnish the journalistic reputation of the author?

Last edited:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
What is it about the tweet of Fabio to Cardiff? Is it loan or permanent? I really want him to stay with us in long term and of course, be good enough to play for us :(

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Hmmmmm, but we don't have many years left in Evra. Maybe one more at max. So Shaw and Fabio can be the two left back options. He can deputize for his brother at RB as well.

lysglimt

Scout
The timing of that article is a bit strange - because United improved rapidly with Ferguson in charge. We did ok the first half a season after we had started horribly in the League under Atkinson. The next season was a really good one and we ended second....it was in the 89/90 season things started falling apart for a short while

Magnus

Another mad swede
The timing of that article is a bit strange - because United improved rapidly with Ferguson in charge. We did ok the first half a season after we had started horribly in the League under Atkinson. The next season was a really good one and we ended second....it was in the 89/90 season things started falling apart for a short while
88-89 was the worst season of the lot, we atleast won the FA-cup in the 89-90 season

Plugsy

So encouraging when a link contains the phrase 'my_thoughts'

Status
Not open for further replies.