Tyler Adams

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

He would be a solid player to back up Casemiro since we have no one who can effectively play as a holding midfielder and break up play. Leeds' results cratered when he got injured.

Abraxas

Problem is I don't think Casemiro is just about intercepts and tackles. He has quality and class as a player. Adams would be a big step down on the ball. At United running around shouldn't be enough. Energy and pressing shouldn't be enough. That's enough at midtable level but we need people that can find the passes when they do turn the ball over.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Problem is I don't think Casemiro is just about intercepts and tackles. He has quality and class as a player. Adams would be a big step down on the ball. At United running around shouldn't be enough. Energy and pressing shouldn't be enough. That's enough at midtable level but we need people that can find the passes when they do turn the ball over.
I agree with this, which is why I have been hesitant to jump on board the Adams to Utd claim, even though I would love to see an American outfield player at Utd.

However, seeing how far Adams has progressed as a passer and ball carrier over the last few years I do wonder if he has it in him to blossom into a competent enough offensive players so that he excellent defensive qualities could be leveraged. Him and Musah (and Balogun I guess now) are the only American players who could get a sniff, so I would love to see one get a shot.

Affirmation

He has been linked with us again. I don't see how talks would stall considering it's been reported that he has a £20 million release clause in his contract. I would sign him before another team, such as Chelsea gets him instead. Great player.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He has been linked with us again. I don't see how talks would stall considering it's been reported that he has a £20 million release clause in his contract. I would sign him before another team, such as Chelsea gets him instead. Great player.

Would rather have Amrabat.

Jeffthered

This is a decent player, I was impressed with him at the World Cup, being Captain (this is key...) of a decent, v hard-working USA team (remember we couldn't beat them...). I thought he would be a decent addition, and we do need another midfielder like him... great back-up / rotation with Casimero. And, the fact that he is a Captain is what I like, because there are few leaders in football nowadays...

jesperjaap

I think he has been under rated as a player on here and in general. Good world cup, bar the injuries a very solid first season at Leeds. I like him and he seems to have real leadership qualities, drive and proffesionalism.

That being said, not sure I liek him enough to want us to sign him. I think he adds a lot to the dressing room, not so much apart from reliability on the pitch. Think of him as someone to perform a role. Think he would be a godo squad signing, but forgetting Amrabat, personally have faith in a couple of our youngsters if they get the pportunites and I prefer what they offer individually ability wise to Adans,,,,I think he would be a really good signing outside of the top 5/6 premiership names though who should be all over him as good value

jesperjaap

Obvioosuly it as just his first season and wasnt it a Janaury move? But from what I have seen, dont get the media led interest in Onana (not jsut from us). To me at least he looks like a good athletic footballer, powerhouse with good movement end to end...but dont see huge amount of intelligence or ability on that, jsut looks a decent player Everton have already slightly over paid for

city-puma

He is a very good player. The release clause at 20 mils is not unreasonable.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t know if Chelsea for Lavia is a smokescreen or Liverpool for Caicedo or both. Chelsea aren’t signing both of them, so one or both of those is probably legit.

bosskeano

gutted....this is a guy United should have purchased. he would have been brilliant alongside Casemiro and could have been used to play his position when needing a rest. he clearly showed he could play the role for Leeds last season in the premiership

bosskeano

Very injury prone missed over 14 games last season through injury. rather have amrabt.
first time in his career that he's missed extended matches due to injury...not sure i'd say he's injury prone by any stretch

Affirmation

This guy should have been a Manchester United player. It would have been smart to have sold McTominay for the reported £40-45 million and signed Tyler Adams for the £20 million release clause fee. It would have left us with more money to invest into the squad.

croadyman

This guy should have been a Manchester United player. It would have been smart to have sold McTominay for the reported £40-45 million and signed Tyler Adams for the £20 million release clause fee. It would have left us with more money to invest into the squad.
Well seems he is back on the market

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Prefer Amrabat for a few quid more.

poleglass red

good option, but I think with ETH wants Amrabat and a centre half, after that no funds.

Dannn411

Like I mentioned a few months ago, I would go in for him now. He is more than good enough to play for us and is available for next to nothing.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
He's nothing special but at 20m he's worth a punt. Would be behind Mainoo for me though, he's just a runner/disruptor

poleglass red

seems like the 20m Chelsea had for him will be added to their attempt to thwart Liverpool for Caicedo

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This lad will land in a situation better for his career than Chelsea. Pleased for him.

Abraxas

Seen absolutely nothing to suggest he is good enough to come here. Not good enough on the ball.

"Top 5 for tackles" does not make a Man United midfielder.

OverratedOpinion

Everytime I've seen him play I've thought he was utterly useless.

I look forward to seeing him turn into Roy Keane at Brighton

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Brighton are so smart in the transfer market. They have played this brilliantly and are coming out with nearly 100 million and and equally adept runner in midfield. Fantastic business.

FerociousCorgis

selling mctominay and bringing in adams and arambat for that would certainly give us more deep midfielders instead of whatever the hell mctominay is. Nothing wrong with having a physical guy in adams. Would love to see the difference if he was english vs american.

Devil You Know

He's never had a single assist in his entire time in the PL.

I'll be keeping an eye on his stats until the day I can call him Tyler the Creator.

croadyman

selling mctominay and bringing in adams and arambat for that would certainly give us more deep midfielders instead of whatever the hell mctominay is. Nothing wrong with having a physical guy in adams. Would love to see the difference if he was english vs american.
McTominay staying is holding back transfer business we still need to do in next 3 weeks

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
That was ruthless by Chelsea. I never understood this deal to begin with. It shows that there is a lot of confusion with their handling of transfer activities.

Adams doesn't make any sense when you are interested in Caceido and have the likes of Ugo, and Santos who could play that subsidiary no.6 role instead. Maybe because they feel like those two might go on loan, but still a better option would be lavia than Adams.