Tyler Blackett image 42

Tyler Blackett England flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Going from a very decent pairing of Denayer and Van Dijk, to to having to pick between Boyata, Blackett and Ambrose. Christ. Total bombscares, the three of them.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He's a textbook Championship defender. Big, strong bloke with little defensive nous.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Came on as a sub early on, 60 minutes later he's subbed off. Was outpaced and outclassed by a team that will finish 5-7th in the Norwegian league. I think we can safely say that this guy won't be playing for United again.

khoazany

He never looked likely to be united quality, but I have to say I'm surprised he's doing so badly at Celtic's level.
I'm not surprised.He's one of the worse defenders I've seen at United U21s in the last few years in terms of defending.He just has that tendency to have concentration lapse and positional error regardless of level he's playing at.That can be coached out for some players but doesn't look like it for him.

Kag

He couldn't defend at reserve level and looked out of his depth when on loan in the Championship. Not a defender.

Robbie Boy

No surprises at how bad he's been. He's simply nowhere near good enough. I can't believe he actually got some games for us.

khoazany

Hopefully this is a wake up call for those who still believe just because LVG saw the lads in training everyday means he's always right.

Hellboy

On the odd occasion over the decades I've seen a player in a Celtic strip who looks as if he's bid big in an auction in order to be allowed to make a cameo appearance on the pitch. Blackett looks like he stole the strip off the winning bidder in the tunnel. He really is spectacularly abysmal.

Sorry but :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
My memory of him was in the game: he was the last defender against 2 attackers: one was far left, hugging the line; and the other was on the center. And he went chasing that far left, leaving the center one free to go through on goal. Instantly knew that he didn't have footballing brain as a defender.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's one of the most nervous players I've seen. It's a shame he's being totally roasted but his performances are rotten.

Red_toad

Typical young defender, needs an experienced head beside him. Shame there are those who are using his performance to lament Van Gaal for ever playing him. Not saying he's ever going to make it at the top level, but isn't as bad as as being made out on here.
Van Gaal should be praised for giving our youth players a chance, lad came in during a injury hit time for United and did a job. Now he's out on loan and we get comments like he won't be back, he has a contract to 2017, so really if you don't want him back you'd be better off hoping he'll play well, not lavishing in a poor performance & using it to have a pop at the manager.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Typical young defender, needs an experienced head beside him. Shame there are those who are using his performance to lament Van Gaal for ever playing him. Not saying he's ever going to make it at the top level, but isn't as bad as as being made out on here.
Van Gaal should be praised for giving our youth players a chance, lad came in during a injury hit time for United and did a job. Now he's out on loan and we get comments like he won't be back, he has a contract to 2017, so really if you don't want him back you'd be better off hoping he'll play well, not lavishing in a poor performance & using it to have a pop at the manager.
It goes with a post i said that possesion football is a quality way of finding out which players are best under pressure. If you dont give games to the likes of blackett and mcnair you aren't going to find out which players are capable and which aren't. It isnt a video game where players are attributed by their strengths and weaknesses.

In that proccess van gaal found Mcnair to be really useful and blackett to be not so much.

Boycott

What's happened to Blackett? Last season everyone was talking future captain material.

Shocking defender. Celtic fans want the back of him. Big and quick but not an ounce of intelligence in how he plays. Your typical lower league defender.

Bojan11

Him and McNair are the Boumsong and Bramble. I can't believe we gave Blackett a new contract.

Bojan11

He's getting found out in the SPL. Even a league 2 team wouldn't be his level.

RedStarUnited

So people think he is out of his depth after TWO games in Scotland?

Fack me the standards are high.

FromTheBench

He's not better than Mcnair or even Borthwick Jackson and probably Tuanzebe anyway.

Be pointless to recall him.

Status
Not open for further replies.