Tyler Blackett image 42

Tyler Blackett England flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
The video evidence doesn't support your view. There are 3 instances of Blackett overlapping in Pereira's 5 mins highlights video. 1 min 26 secs, 1 min 58 secs, 2 mins 21 secs. Blackett with the ball attacking the edge of their box 3 mins 51 secs and a good combination move from Pereira and Blackett moving up the field 4 mins 33 secs. And that's just Pereira's highlights nevermind the whole 45 mins !

Great examples. His critics simply won't see it and will continue to make things up though

Ferguson

The video evidence doesn't support your view. There are 3 instances of Blackett overlapping in Pereira's 5 mins highlights video. 1 min 26 secs, 1 min 58 secs, 2 mins 21 secs. Blackett with the ball attacking the edge of their box 3 mins 51 secs and a good combination move from Pereira and Blackett moving up the field 4 mins 33 secs. And that's just Pereira's highlights nevermind the whole 45 mins !

I'm sorry, but other than the move at 4m 33s I don't see anything to contradict my impression of how he did.

He gets forward, sure, that's basic to his role in the team. But in the video he repeatedly arrives too late and ineffectively which is why he doesn't receive a pass.

Look, feel free to disagree with me, but no one should be surprised when Blackett is moved on.

Perhaps this sounds harsh, but for me the real question is whether he will end up in the Premiership or in the Championship. Given his left foot, athleticism and eagerness to learn, I'm optimistic about him being a Premiership player down the road, just not with Manchester United.

Last edited:

JoaquinJoaquin

I'm sorry, but other than the move at 4m 33s I don't see anything to contradict my impression of how he did.

He gets forward, sure, that's basic to his role in the team. But in the video he repeatedly arrives too late and ineffectively which is why he doesn't receive a pass.

Look, feel free to disagree with me, but no one should be surprised when Blackett is moved on.

Perhaps this sounds harsh, but for me the real question is whether he will end up in the Premiership or in the Championship. Given his left foot, athleticism and eagerness to learn, I'm optimistic about him being a Premiership player down the road, just not with Manchester United.
Well put it this way, He wouldn't of looked out of place in that Club America side the other night.

Obiorahking_

So we have a young LB/CB who isn't good enough at LB or CB so we should throw him into CDM? What sense is there in that? We've already got 5/6 actual CDMs that are miles better than Blackett and not to mention the countless others that can and have played there on occasion.
Carrick and Schneiderlin are the two recognised cdms. I'm not saying we should make him a permanent cdm, i was just suggesting that we play him one of the games for forty five minutes as a cdm. He has good vision, good physique, and can anticipate a pass so why not?

Obiorahking_

The hate for Evans has gone way too far - Blackett is a carthorse, Evans has performanced in big CL games against world class attacks.
And has choked big time against division 3 teams as well as relegation sides.

Drifter

American
This seasons Redcafe scape goat.Then again he was last seasons to.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Carrick and Schneiderlin are the two recognised cdms. I'm not saying we should make him a permanent cdm, i was just suggesting that we play him one of the games for forty five minutes as a cdm. He has good vision, good physique, and can anticipate a pass so why not?
Horrible positional discipline, would just abandon his position. Poor at shoulder to shoulder challenges, and the sort of barging and shoving that is crucial to a CB and comes well in handy shielding the back 4 as well.

He's a fantastic athlete. He's no footballer.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If Blackett is bang average and Evans is miles better, that means Evans is world class right?
Evans is a good defender. Just not good enough for us anymore. He would still be a good buy for Everton or even teams like Valencia. Blackett is so average, will eventually be at Sunderland or someone.

Rossa

Is he really that great an athlete or is it just a lazy excuse to argue why he is at the club? He isn't that strong, doesn't have an immense leap and isn't rapid either. He looks to be decent in terms of physical attributes, but his technique is also quite decent.

Glanville95

He's quite clearly never going to have a future here let's be honest. McNair is quite clearly the superior talent and with our improved defensive options even he might struggle here.

Blackett might not even make it as a PL footballer in fact, even though you have to admire his dedication and application to improve his game. He just isn't cut out for United at all.

Obiorahking_

Evans is a good defender. Just not good enough for us anymore. He would still be a good buy for Everton or even teams like Valencia. Blackett is so average, will eventually be at Sunderland or someone.
If Evans issue is indeed his confidence then I agree, but Evans has been so horrible. I know all defenders make errors during games, but he is so freaking mistake prone. It is as if he forgets the basics half the time. I still can't get his horrid performance against mk dons last season out of my head.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If Evans issue is indeed his confidence then I agree, but Evans has been so horrible. I know all defenders make errors during games, but he is so freaking mistake prone. It is as if he forgets the basics half the time. I still can't get his horrid performance against mk dons last season out of my head.
Agreed we should get rid of him. In terms of defending qualities, he is still much better than Blackett.

Loublaze

ATLien
Is he really that great an athlete or is it just a lazy excuse to argue why he is at the club? He isn't that strong, doesn't have an immense leap and isn't rapid either. He looks to be decent in terms of physical attributes, but his technique is also quite decent.
He's rapid. I remember him going toe to toe with Liverpool's Jordon Ibe, and Ibe is probably Liverpool's fastest player.

Rossa

He's rapid. I remember him going toe to toe with Liverpool's Jordon Ibe, and Ibe is probably Liverpool's fastest player.
I remember him being fast, just not much more than that. Ibe is fast though, so if he could keep up with him his pretty fast. I would think both Jones and especially Smalling being faster, the latter being rapid though.

RooneyLegend

Him and paddy are nice to have around for the tough times. He is a little slow to react to danger at times.

Litch

Think that's a lazy comparison. Richards was far better when he broke through. And whoever said he's better than Evans can't be serious either.
He reminds me of him, nothing lazy about that as they have similar attributes. The only laziness is the fact that you've jumped in with both feet assuming that I said he was better that Richards.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He reminds me of him, nothing lazy about that as they have similar attributes. The only laziness is the fact that you've jumped in with both feet assuming that I said he was better that Richards.
I didn't assume any such thing. I didn't say you thought Blackett was similar. My point is that they are at incomparable levels, so I found it a bit odd that you immediately found such similarity. Blackett looks a Championship player and Richards was (wrongly) being compared to Maldini.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
As one of the few that rate Blackett, was pleased to see him set up a goal. Didn't catch the game can anyone let me know how he went overall...

kundalini

The assist for Lingard's goal was his best moment. He and Wilson (who was playing left wing) didn't quite seem to combine well defensively; not sure if that was Wilson's fault or Blackett's. Overall did ok but not amazing; didn't stand out either in a good way or a bad way (really only Januzaj, and to a lesser extent, Darmian and Pereira out of the 22 did).

Last edited:

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
The assist for Lingard's goal was his best moment. He and Wilson (who was playing left wing) didn't quite seem to combine well defensively; not sure if that was Wilson's fault or Blackett's. Overall did ok but not amazing; didn't stand out either in a good way or a bad way (really only Januzaj, and to a lesser extent, Darmian and Pereira out of the 22 did).
Cheers.

Devil may care

Nice to see him get an assist, he's a good athlete and I am sure LvG will be keen to persevere and try to refine his game.

berbasloth4

Lets hope blacketts appearances in a united shirt are extremely limited.. wouldnt mind him being sold to mk dons or something.. he cant see passes in front of him and his positional sense is terrible.. he wouldnt get a look in at any other premiership side.

m1y2

Lets hope blacketts appearances in a united shirt are extremely limited.. wouldnt mind him being sold to mk dons or something.. he cant see passes in front of him and his positional sense is terrible.. he wouldnt get a look in at any other premiership side.
no need to be harsh on him, he was decent in preseason even played out of position. He's not United level potential, on that we can agree. But one never knows in the game of football

berbasloth4

no need to be harsh on him, he was decent in preseason even played out of position. He's not United level potential, on that we can agree. But one never knows in the game of football
Are you tyler blackett??

I would rather quentin fortune or mikeal silvestre resigned that blackett. I think I might know more about reading a game or positional sense than him. I reckon blacketts next club is bury or oldham

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
A loan will definitely be good for him. I'm sceptical whether he'll make the grade for us, but at least this will give him the final test to show whether he can handle a full season at a reasonably top club (in a poor league perhaps).

We're getting rid of a few CBs aren't we....?

Status
Not open for further replies.