Tyrell Malacia image 12

Tyrell Malacia Netherlands flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

FerociousCorgis

really didnt see all that much from his short time of actually playing to really even get that excited about i thought. Cant really count on him moving forward. Plan for not having him, and if he is able to provide anything cool. No way we can go into next season with just him and shaw as LB plans

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Does nobody else have a lot of sympathy for the guy? Seems a really good lad and I was always pretty impressed with him. He got thrown in at the deep end start of last season and played some big games and never seemed phased. Had a bit of a dodgy 1 or 2 games but nothing major. I had a lot of hope

Last edited:

Grande

Does nobody else have a lot of sympathy for the guy? Seems a really good lad and I was always pretty impressed with him. He got thrown in at the deep end start of last season and played some big games and never seemed phased. Had a bit of a doggy 1 or 2 games but nothing major. I had a lot of hope
I do. To knee surgeries later and people just use him to have a drug conspiracy festival

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Does nobody else have a lot of sympathy for the guy? Seems a really good lad and I was always pretty impressed with him. He got thrown in at the deep end start of last season and played some big games and never seemed phased. Had a bit of a dodgy 1 or 2 games but nothing major. I had a lot of hope
Malacia is a fantastic dude for whom I have boundless sympathy.

He's not good enough for United though. His successor at Feyenoord however, would be.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I remember hearing on a podcast, I don't remember which one but it was one with former footballers - and they said the first time a player was caught with drugs in their system that it wasn't made public by the FA and most clubs just played it off as an injury.
Find this hard to believe considering they banned Rio for missing a drugs test. What do the FA get out of it?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I’m with you. I hope he comes back strong and continues to improve.

Bobade

I have no idea where Malacia is - what was his injury ? Did he lose a leg?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
really didnt see all that much from his short time of actually playing to really even get that excited about i thought. Cant really count on him moving forward. Plan for not having him, and if he is able to provide anything cool. No way we can go into next season with just him and shaw as LB plans
I don’t rate him at all, although any sort of available left-back would have been useful this season. But he’s not United level, and if indeed he’s had two knew surgeries - you do worry if he comes back an even worse player.

GMoore23

He's been out so long now that even when he's back, it's going to take months before he's PL match fit

Nicolarra90

Is this guy alive? Perhaps he was accidentally killed in training and the club is trying to cover it.

Revaulx

Agreed. The general consensus while he was playing at the start of last season was that he looked really promising, albeit very raw.

He didn’t play for what felt like ages; presumably because Shaw came back and was great. He was then thrown into a key Champions League knockout game and made an awful howler, which seemed to destroy his confidence and had everyone agreeing he was shit. And since then he’s had no opportunity to redeem himself. A real shame.

Irwin99

Very much so. He's young and with Luke Shaw playing a pitiful 15 games in total this season this was his opportunity to really gain some experience and to step up and whatever has happened with him has denied him what should have been his big opportunity. Football moves very quickly but I hope he still gets his chance here.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
It's early but I think he'll be nothing more than what Butner was, but injury prone.

Haven't been impressed, seemed pretty average if that. May be a player who finds his footing and finally come good in his late 20's as some players do but with all these injuries this early on, I have my doubts.

CM

Is Malacia actually any closer to a return then? Ten Hag said something about him being in team training soon before the Luton match.

We're a week on from that and still haven't heard anything. It's getting silly.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Anyone know what’s going on here? Seems like he’s been hiding away somewhere. Not seen him post anything since like July last year, club aren’t posting regular about his return and how his rehabs going… is something els going on here?

arthurka

This is starting to feel like he is a Russian political prisoner disappeared but not forgotten.

Telsim

It's anyone's guess. He posted regularly on his Instagram, like model shots and stuff, and then just vanishes completely. And this club always make it a point to announce when someone is back on the grass and such. But not him. Probably banned, or serving time, or whatever. Doubt we will see him this season. He is probably months out of fitness.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
It's anyone's guess. He posted regularly on his Instagram, like model shots and stuff, and then just vanishes completely. And this club always make it a point to announce when someone is back on the grass and such. But not him. Probably banned, or serving time, or whatever. Doubt we will see him this season. He is probably months out of fitness.
Everyone's always assuming the worst. From what I remember, he's not a social media guy at all. I'm guessing until he's rehab is almost done, he'll remain on the DL.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Everyone's always assuming the worst. From what I remember, he's not a social media guy at all. I'm guessing until he's rehab is almost done, he'll remain on the DL.
He use to post stuff after winning games with us. You don’t have to be mad social media guy to post every now and then. Just an update to let his fans know how he’s progressing.

Brophs

The One and Only
Seems a perfectly reasonable conclusion to jump to based upon no evidence.

SB16

At this point I'm convinced that Malacia isn't real, just a fever dream we all had last season

red_de_pologne

Redivy

Knee ligament injury that’s kept him out for about a year?
I think he tore his ACL.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Knee ligament injury that’s kept him out for about a year?
I think he tore his ACL.
I doubt it. Seems more likely he's had another knee ligament injury and the rehab just hasn't got as expected / had setbacks etc.

frostbite

Did he sleep with someone's daughter and they made him disappear in the New Mexico desert?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
"I think it's going to be difficult for him this season to be available. He will fight, he's back on the pitch, but not in the team and the process had some setbacks for him and he's still going forwards really slowly and the season is coming to an end."

ETH is so bad at trying to explain things but this sounds like his way of saying it's a season write off