Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember the geese

Interesting....its a good deal especially because you can't trust Shaw's fitness. Does this mean he likes our young right back options? Fernandez/ Williams/Dalot/ Laird. That's something to look at during preseason
Fernandez and Williams are left back options.

Mainoldo

How did we manage to do a deal like this without Ralf at the club. I’m astonished.

@VP89 you happy now bro. Looks like they can be slow and still get these deals done.

Mike Smalling

Seen on Reddit:

"MALACIA, here I go again
My, my, how can I resist you?
MALACIA, does it show again
My, my, just how much I've missed you"

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How did we manage to do a deal like this without Ralf at the club. I’m astonished.

@VP89 you happy now bro. Looks like they can be slow and still get these deals done.
Maybe he left handbook on how to complete transfers and which players to target :lol:

Rolaholic

Probably waited on Lyon to agree a fee before going in for him to supper any chances of this man ruining it :lol:

After the Timber stuff and how he was saying FDJ should be worth more 120m in this market

Cédric Sophie

Murtough has been waiting for Feyenoord to agree a fee with Lyon so there is no Man Utd tax like it would have been if we had approached them first.

Murtough Madness is real!!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Well this happened fast, I like him although shouldn't right back have been our priority?

I suppose it means we're trying to move out telles as well.

Red00012

The reports ETH was fuming by the performance of Telles v Palace must be true so

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wonder who will be first choice between him and Shaw?
That's what competition for places is all about. If this is a player that ten Hag targeted, I don't care who it is I'm happy we got him. Just want to see the board fully behind the manager.

So let's get the de Jong deal done now. :)

Paul_Scholes18

Happy if we finally got a signing, but left back :(. I think that was the last position I wanted us to sign anyone.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Brilliant if true. Get another club to negotiate a lower fee slightly beat that offer and secure a good young player.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I still think he’s a level below Shaw but as promising LBs go for a decent fee hes up there. Physcially very capable of adapting to the PL and I’d back Ten Hag to get out of him what he needs.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can we ask LVG to put a good word for us?

city-puma

Internet says his height is 169cm which is even shorter than Evra, really?
But this is a good transfer, a young, uprising, ambitious international. Telles is a poor transfer as it has been shown. Our LB is definitely the position to be improved as compared to RB, because Shaw has injury issues lately and also needs competition.

STYLOISRED

Happy if we finally got a signing, but left back :(. I think that was the last position I wanted us to sign anyone.
AWB is more suited to ETH football than Telles if u ask me... His inability to progress the ball when pressed is just sad. Atleast AWB can dribble.
We should ship him off as quickly as we can.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Wonder if this guy was an actual target for this summer..: I’ve seen us being linked with him a few weeks ago but then it all went quiet and then banggg… we’ve got him. I think the fact he was about to join another club made us rush and get him rather then lose out on him all together.. he could of well been a target but someone we might of signed next season if he wasn’t about to join someone els. Either way good move from the club… goes to show that we can sign players quick and smoothly when we want to. Get de Jong, eriksen and Antony now.

Devil may care

A LB who isn't very good at attacking is a strange buy when we don't have a starting RB, but interesting I guess.

SoCross

Internet says his height is 169cm which is even shorter than Evra, really?
But this is a good transfer, a young, uprising, ambitious international. Telles is a poor transfer as it has been shown. Our LB is definitely the position to be improved as compared to RB, because Shaw has injury issues lately and also needs competition.
Oh no, a shortie:(

STYLOISRED

Wonder if this guy was an actual target for this summer..: I’ve seen us being linked with him a few weeks ago but then it all went quiet and then banggg… we’ve got him. I think the fact he was about to join another club made us rush and get him rather then lose out on him all together.. he could of well been a target but someone we might of signed next season if he wasn’t about to join someone els. Either way good move from the club… goes to show that we can sign players quick and smoothly when we want to. Get de Jong, eriksen and Antony now.
Or maybe Murtough decided to be smart and let Lyon negotiate for him so that we won't have ridiculous prices been called once we registered genuine interest???

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Or maybe Murtough decided to smart and let Lyon negotiate for him so that we won't have ridiculous prices been called once we registered genuine interest???
Possibly but united>smart don’t usually go together. Hopefully things start to look up now though!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Few questions:

- can he play both flanks?

- has he any experience as wing-back?

- Is his final 3rd play being poor an exaggeration?

If he can play wingback, we may see Shaw at LCB as part of a 3 at times this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.