U18s: Chelsea vs United | Champions of England! | Treble winners!

Ekeke

Great result, good performance overall from Wheatley but also showed where he still needs to improve. Went through a few times and missed the goal

lysglimt

Scout
90+5’

Poor Wheatley. Two sitters tonight, that looked even easier. Worked his arse off and scored another goal in a final, but he should be putting that away.
Yeah he is a brilliant player - but we have seen this all season. He scores a wondergoal - and then misses 3 sitters afterwards

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Lads can be very proud, really is a quality group

saik

What a wonderful season and what a wonderful set of players. They all deserve it and hopefully go on to have careers at the highest level. Some very good talents in this team.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Yeah he is a brilliant player - but we have seen this all season. He scores a wondergoal - and then misses 3 sitters afterwards
Now that the lads have finished the season with 3 trophies, I must ask if you have changed your mind regarding the mental toughness of this team? ;)

lysglimt

Scout
Amass and Wheatley by far our best players - but McAllister and Williams also had a good game

bushyzor

Fantastic for the youngsters. They have had a fantastic season, they worked their socks off tonight. Were just able to find that extra gear when they needed it. Could have had more if the finishing was there, but given the occasion and the inevitable nerves, they played really well.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Could have had three in the last ten, but still deserved.

Not overly impressed with Chelsea, very solid and capable, thought average when got to our area and didn’t show a ton of creativity/calmness.

Only concern with Amass is his size as will have to grow if make it in the PL given how physical it is. Obviously don’t have that concern with Wheatley… he just needs to get the ratio better as PL chances will be rarer and has to start being clinical.

Few could make it and I really like their work ethic, bench as well. Great squad mentality.

lysglimt

Scout
Now that the lads have finished the season with 3 trophies, I must ask if you have changed your mind regarding the mental toughness of this team? ;)
Yeah today they showed a lot of mental strength - but that defeat against Swindon really shouldn't happen

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah today they showed a lot of mental strength - but that defeat against Swindon really shouldn't happen
What about kicking City off their perch? Winning the League Cup Final? Come on, even Fergie and his best teams had some shock results in a cup competition.

Gungerz

Good point just made on MUTV. Mantato probably wasn't able to play tonight because he'll have GCSEs tomorrow.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Whoever scouted Amass deserves a raise, tremendous signing.

top1whoisman

Scout
Looked like Wheatley had a family member in the stands saying he should’ve had four. Can not disagree with that :lol:

saik

I would love to know the xG of our team from this match. Would be something closer to 5, I'd imagine. :lol:

top1whoisman

Scout
Do MUTV gets rights to youth European games?
I’m afraid not. I mean if I remember correctly they didn’t show any of this season’s games, at least outside of UK. UEFA.tv have a few matches from every round of fixtures, but probably max. 2 of our games.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I’m afraid not. I mean if I remember correctly they didn’t show any of this season’s games, at least outside of UK. UEFA.tv have a few matches from every round of fixtures, but probably max. 2 of our games.
Thought TNT showed it or is that something different.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brilliant from the lads and the work that started about 10 years ago at youth/development level has borne fruit with a treble season.

siw2007

Well done to the boys. From the bits I saw, it was well deserved too. Should have won the game by more.

Gungerz

MUTV did show some of the games but I think they were UK only. The domestic path (which we have qualified for) is seperate to the main group stage & isn't shown by UEFA/TNT so it should be fine for MUTV to get hopefully..

Gungerz

I've just had a look at the new format for the UEFA Youth League & they've changed the domestic path to make it much more difficult than in previous years. Should be a good test though.

Bertie Wooster

Another great effort from the U18's tonight. :)

They've been so enjoyable to watch in an otherwise nightmare season. Delighted for them that they've ended such a great season on a high. Fully deserved.