U18s: Chelsea vs United | Champions of England! | Treble winners!

Bertie Wooster

Entertaining first half and a pretty good performance. Game is on a knife edge though so still could go either way.

Ogunneye's booking was very harsh - especially so early in the game. But he could have been booked again later on, and hasn't looked too great, so hope we take him off for Nolan. The only problem with that is we may have prearranged subs again like in the last final when we had to take off key players like Amass and Wheatley.

Ekeke

Must be said, United are very tight and aggressive when they’re defending in a low block. Very well-coached side.
Yeah havent been too impressed earlier in the season with how fast the CBs confront attackers but today Kingdon has bossed his forward on the front foot, and Jackson slid in to deflect I think Runham's shot and take the sting off it and cleared the ball off the line as well. Ogunneye has been aggressive but a bit untidy hence being booked and warned. And Amass has closed down well too. Then of course the forward players Wheatley does a great job pressing from the front, even tracked a man back to head off a Chelsea attack, and Williams and Scanlon have pressed and competed well too.

Fletcher and Curley need to make slightly better decisions they've been a bit loose with their passing at times

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
No subs at HT, lovely stuff!

Edit: Nolan replaced Ogunneye, smart decision. But I meant that I’m delighted Amass, Wheatley & Jackson are still on.

saik

No subs at HT, lovely stuff!

Edit: Nolan replaced Ogunneye, smart. But I meant that I’m delighted Amass, Wheatley & Jackson are still on.
I think if it was 2-0 at HT like it was at the other final, he would have made those changes. As it stands, theres only 1 goal in it so makes sense.

top1whoisman

Scout
I think if it was 2-0 at HT like it was at the other final, he would have made those changes. As it stands, theres only 1 goal in it so makes sense.
I think EtH has told him exactly how many minutes they can play if they’re in the squad tomorrow. Regardless of the score.

saik

That's disappointing. Chelsea equalize within minutes of the 2nd half starting.

lysglimt

Scout
Our lack of pace in central midfield could cost us if Chelsea start running at them

top1whoisman

Scout
The usual suspects shining again. Amass, Wheatley, Williams, Harrison (and McAllister hasn’t been bad either).

saik

The mentality of these lads is very good. We have been so much more aggressive since they equalized and deservedly taken the lead again.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Are these kids playing the way the first team is supposed to be playing or are we doing our own thing at the younger levels?

top1whoisman

Scout
61’

Devaney on, McAllister off. Wow that’s surprising. Wonder if he got a knock. In the first team squad tomorrow? One can dream.

top1whoisman

Scout
I don't think Fletcher has got going since returning from injury.
Yeah not really. Then again you need the minutes to eventually get going. He needs the match sharpness if he gets called up to the England U17s squad for the Euros. Based on his recent performances he might get snubbed though.

top1whoisman

Scout
68 minutes played and we have the first bit of evidence that there’s actually some Chelsea fans in the stands.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You would hope with Wilcox now at the club we might actually get some of these kids through to the first team. It all seems to fall flat at U-21 level. It is either straight to first team or nothing.

top1whoisman

Scout
You would hope with Wilcox now at the club we might actually get some of these kids through to the first team. It all seems to fall flat at U-21 level. It is either straight to first team or nothing.
We have done that pretty well pre-Wilcox too.

saik

Has Musa been injured ? Haven't seen him in quite a while now.

top1whoisman

Scout
Amass has been absolutely superb tonight. Well, whole season really. Such a consistent performer.