U21: England vs Norway | Rashford hat-trick on U21 debut

LouisDanGaal

You're being deliberately obtuse. You know full well I mean that the vast amount of football Rooney has played since turning pro at 16, has played, has most likely contributed to what would otherwise seem like an early decline in performance. I'm saying Rashford should be carefully managed, as the temptation would be to play him in everything, but that would be the easy thing to do.
Rooney started playing at the top at 16. Even if he never played for us again 14 years at the top level is pretty impressive for any player no matter whether you start early or late.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
If you look at his 'expected goals/assists' stats, you wouldn't expect him to sustain this level of goalscoring at all for a while. His conversion rate is really high at the minute.

Not that I think he will 'come down' drastically or anything, that's what the stats provide.
yeah, i think it'll be important that should rashford cool off at some point that people don't forget just how good he is. the kid scores goals pretty much non-stop, and unlike your typical poacher, he is willing to get involved in the build up and takes on defenders. his success is very hard to believe.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thought I'd put the Belgium game on for a second and saw Fellaini try to swing an elbow at number 8 for Cyprus in a scrap before a throw-in. Back to normality then.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
It's just great seeing one of our own doing so well, that's better than buying Pogba for a world record fee.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I thought you were technically, and tactically in so far as in possession, far superior.
Neat in possession and occasionally put someone nice together but largely impotent. After the first 20 minutes England were in complete control and played some really nice stuff, RLC's goal was a lovely crafted goal.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Rashford being away from the senior England side may be a blessing in disguise. We all know what too much football too early did to Rooney.
Yeah, it won him 5 premier league titles, 3 league cups, 1 FA cup, 1 champions league, 1 world club cup, the English goal scoring record, and on the verge of the Manchester United goal scoring record. You are right...we don't want Rashford achieving any of these terrible things by playing too much!

Neat in possession and occasionally put someone nice together but largely impotent. After the first 20 minutes England were in complete control and played some really nice stuff, RLC's goal was a lovely crafted goal.
They weren't clinical, sure, but I can't see how it's so surprising (not your post) to say they were better on the ball. That goal they scored for instance, something we're just not capable of or show enough.

As for us controlling the game, they cut through our lines a bit easily and our possession retention was poor. They just didn't score more because of their impotence.

Anyway, as usual, we're just about the moments at this level. Nice wing play here, a corner/freekick there, and we score. I'd just like to see us try and control the ball a bit more.

Belarus are neat and tidy in possession. It is no greater achievement in football than parking the bus.
Broadly speaking, agree with that. Just not at developmental level, especially when it's consistently yielding the same results and we have the ability to change it, starting with the selection and tactics.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rashford post interview.

So much media training already. They really suck the personality out of their interviewing techniques.

"Yeah really pleased, hard game the team played well and that's what's important".