U21 Euro Championships 2017

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nice no Ruben and Bruno for next match, Semedo is so dumb sometimes, all the season he has done this shit
Well sold. I couldn't stand him. The lampião. I sincerily wish him the worst. I can't believe he made that almost flawless game at the Bernabéu

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
If he didn't had these brainfarts he coud be the necessary central defender we need for the NT

WhoDaGOAT

Lennon was an average player at best and Navas maybe a bit below that. I think you're selling Deulofeu very short talent-wise. Far more to his game than both of them.
Nope. Disagree. All three are direct, pace merchants. Get the ball and run to the byline.

Lennon and Navas in their prime were high assisters. Nothing wrong with that type of player. Valencia was once that player as well. It's difficult to defend against these players 1 vs 1.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Paciencia is so bad. Good hold up play and nothing else. We're being stupid since the goal, we need to build up the attacks better instead of gifting them the ball all the time

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Kevin Rodrigues and Ricardo Horta. FECK OFF Rui Jorge

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Well, we have to beat Macedonia with Tobias and somebody else, what a nightmare

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I wish we had Fernando Santos and his "brita" training all our national teams. That and a striker. I mean just one and i'm not asking a world class one. I´m humble, i just want a decent one.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You know the coaches in Portugal don't have a word in selecting players
Yep, i was just dreaming we were an independent country not ran by Mendes.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I wish we had Fernando Santos and his "brita" training all our national teams. That and a striker. I mean just one and i'm not asking a world class one. I´m humble, i just want a decent one.
Still don't understand why Rui Jorge leaves players like Domingos Duarte, Rafa Soares or Helder Costa out of the team, to bring Tobias, Kevin Rodrigues or Horta, anyway we need to have a plan B against Macedonia, because with Tobias as central defender we are doomed.

Only if you expect strikers from Porto, like Rui Pedro, or maybe Benfica José Gomes, because I don't know what they do at Sporting, it looks they don't like to create those types of players. :D

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Still don't understand why Rui Jorge leaves players like Domingos Duarte, Rafa Soares or Helder Costa out of the team, to bring Tobias, Kevin Rodrigues or Horta, anyway we need to have a plan B against Macedonia, because with Tobias as central defender we are doomed.

Only if you expect strikers from Porto, like Rui Pedro, or maybe Benfica José Gomes, because I don't know what they do at Sporting, it looks they don't like to create those types of players. :D
No thanks. We just form midfield, wingers and crappy center backs. I don't think they even know what a striker is in the academy.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
No thanks. We just form midfield, wingers and crappy center backs. I don't think they even know what a striker is in the academy.
Last Portuguese international striker we produced was when we didn't had academy, Jorge Cadete, I am sick and tired of this, and now every coach in our youth team plays with different systems, I think the President needs to rethink something with the way the academy is working imo.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Nope. Disagree. All three are direct, pace merchants. Get the ball and run to the byline.

Lennon and Navas in their prime were high assisters. Nothing wrong with that type of player. Valencia was once that player as well. It's difficult to defend against these players 1 vs 1.
At the moment he isn't much more that. He definitely wasn't touted as that type of player coming through at Barcelona though, and imo he has a much better rounded offensive game than all 3 mentioned. The only question mark over him is whether he has the mentality to show/develop it all consistently and under pressure, and he's been falling at that hurdle.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Last Portuguese international striker we produced was when we didn't had academy, Jorge Cadete, I am sick and tired of this, and now every coach in our youth team plays with different systems, I think the President needs to rethink something with the way the academy is working imo.
It's really poor, sigh. I sincerily hope André Silva develops into a fine striker but i'm not holding my breath. So many incredible players over the years and not a single good striker (don't get me started on Pauleta).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Don't you guys have the biggest academy in terms of volume and also have the biggest amount of youth scouts in Portugal and Africa? It's very strange that you fail to produce a simple striker.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Don't you guys have the biggest academy in terms of volume and also have the biggest amount of youth scouts in Portugal and Africa? It's very strange that you fail to produce a simple striker.
We have academies all over the world now. Even in Latin America. Part of our new strategy, using our academy reputation. Eventually we will find someone. I'd trade Raphael Guerreiro for a Kevin Gameiro. It's easier for us to find a left back.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It's really poor, sigh. I sincerily hope André Silva develops into a fine striker but i'm not holding my breath. So many incredible players over the years and not a single good striker (don't get me started on Pauleta).
I think there are some people there wrongly who think that if we win under 19's or under 17's we are working well, but looking better at future players for the first team I am not so confident, we need to invest more imo, and change somethings, doesn't make sense to me we cannot create strikers for the first team.
No, today the club who invests more on their academy is Benfica, and they have the largest network of scouting, but for me the club who has the best prospects as strikers for the future is Porto.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Big game, Portugal were great and more mature as a collective but Spain had more quality and instinct near the box.