U21 Euro Championships 2017

Blackwidow

Why were Germany considered the big underdogs? This Spain team seems very unimpressive. Good midfield, average attack, average defence. Deulofeu's performance as the captain at 23 years old is plain embarassing for the kind of praise he's gotten in the past from the likes of @FCBarca...
Because of star players (U21s considered) like Saul, Deulofeu or Asensio. Individuality seems always to be bigger in the media than team. Teams grow during the playing times together in competitions...

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Congrats Germany.Spain didn't find their place in the whole match.Too many praises these last days.
About Deulofeu.His role in the national team reminds me to Munitis,Pedro,Navas...,a very electric winger to open the pitch trying to get out of the routine of passes.However It seems that all his decisions during the match are wrong

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
We need to invest in some German youth coaches, I feel their style of play would be great in England.
Nah, it wouldn't. All that TV money tempts England to keep buying foreign talent that's already much more polished. That's the main reason England tanks every national team tournament. Getting good youth coaches still won't change the fact that your domestic talents will sit out on the bench against (more expensive) foreign talents that big money was invested for.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Nah, it wouldn't. All that TV money tempts England to keep buying foreign talent that's already much more polished. That's the main reason England tanks every national team tournament. Getting good youth coaches still won't change the fact that your domestic talents will sit out on the bench against (more expensive) foreign talents that big money was invested for.
I meant us as in United, you do make a valid point though.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
@GhastlyHun I expect a picture of the Prussian flag or something, in a new edition of the dictionary, when looking up the word 'winner' or the combination of the words: 'winning mentality'. As a swede I am incredibly envious of the football culture you guys have; even in competitions you don't win you are still relevant for the top spots, in women football, in u21 championship, in confederations cup, the euros, the world cup etc.

Spain have eaten and spat out teams on their way to the final; yet Kuntz and his men made Spain look so pale. Tactical masterclass performance from Germany yesterday, efficiently shut down Saul and Asensio, and deliberately forced all the creative responsibility on the dodgy spanish defence and Deulofeu. :)

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It's certainly a good time for supporters of german national football teams :)

PedroMendez

Acolyte
It's certainly a good time for supporters of german national football teams :)
Yep. Incredible considering that this wasn't a particularly talented team. For the u-teams the manager is the most important individual. Hrubesch is brilliant with young players, while Adrion was a waste of space. Hopefully the management got the message and Hrubesch is allowed to make all major decisions with regard to the youth teams and trainer selection in the future.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Hertha have got two great players in him and Weiser.
I'm a big fan of Weiser and I hope his career will do justice to his talent - as a right back/wing back, preferably. Hertha has assembled a really nice collection of good but rather unknown players over time. Dardai does a great job there, and they deservedly play in Europe for the second time in a row next season (although they crashed out early last season).

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I'm still a bit puzzled why there isn't much buzz around Stark, he's an excellent player.
Probably because he's a U21 player who hasnt had much international exposure yet.

Have to say, I'm really impressed with the tactical maturity our squad showed last night. An ensemble of Hoffenheim, Freiburg and Hertha players outsmarting opponents who field players from Barca, Real, and Atletico is an achievement of its own.
I also want to praise Arnold for his performances throughout the tournament. As much as I detest him for being an insufferable prick, he has displayed outstanding leadership. The way he shutdown Llorente, Ceballos and Saul yesterday had me awestricken. What a machine he was, MotM for me. He looks like a superior version of Khedira. I hope he can replicate these performance levels in the upcoming BuLi season, so that he might make it into the WC selection.
Apart from him, Stark, Toljan, Weiser, Meyer and Amiri look like they could develop into real class acts.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Germany has such good depth of quality, excellent at youth level. This year I still think Italy had then best team but a really terrible coach who was not only useless but actually detracted from the team potential

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Why were Germany considered the big underdogs? This Spain team seems very unimpressive. Good midfield, average attack, average defence. Deulofeu's performance as the captain at 23 years old is plain embarassing for the kind of praise he's gotten in the past from the likes of @FCBarca...
I've only ever praised his game, not his personality - he's a prick but our prick. For this he's always been more CR than Messi

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I've only ever praised his game, not his personality - he's a prick but our prick. For this he's always been more CR than Messi
He's 23 years old and has yet to nail down a place at any team he's been at - surely that makes you rethink your evaluation of his game? Ronaldo was scoring the opening goal in a CL final at the same age (or a few weeks younger, to be precise), as a quick reference point.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
He's 23 years old and has yet to nail down a place at any team he's been at - surely that makes you rethink your evaluation of his game? Ronaldo was scoring the opening goal in a CL final at the same age (or a few weeks younger, to be precise), as a quick reference point.
TBH he was quite good with Milan last year, but he looks like a one trick man he does always the same move, once you learn how to stop him than you can control him easily

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I think he, like many youth players, has been terribly mismanaged by this board, for one.

It might already be too late but I am hopeful yet nevertheless happy that he'll finally have his chance with Barça's first team

arthurka

Toljan for me showed outstanding qualities throug out tournament.. What a player he could turn into..

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Toljan for me showed outstanding qualities throug out tournament.. What a player he could turn into..
Never really stood out to me, but with the last few games I saw of him, I can see where you're coming from. I really like his composure in stressful situations and his general awareness. He always knows where his teammates are.

arthurka

Never really stood out to me, but with the last few games I saw of him, I can see where you're coming from. I really like his composure in stressful situations and his general awareness. He always knows where his teammates are.
Composure often comes with ages. He has all other components to become a fantastic defender..

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Same here. He had a few good games last season for Hoffenheim, but many more in anonymity. His appearances at this U21 were really good though, maybe he will step up at his club as well.