U21 Euro Championships 2017

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Looking forward to watching the match last night in it's entirety, I only got to see bits & pièces yet somehow managed to catch 3 of the 4 goals. Moments of quality from both sides.

Deulofeu still appears to be a bit of a mixed bag, equal parts idiocy turning over the ball in dangerous positions & brilliance in attack and linking up

Spain's U21 really hurting for midfield control as they appear to be more & more a counter attacking team

izec

Couldnt watch the first half, just seen the score. Come on Italy, i will tune in, dont dusappoint me

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
FFS Petagna! Should have scored here. I like him for his great workrate, but he isn't a proper goalscorer.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
2-1. Get in! No chance of a disgrace of Gijon remake in the last game of the group

izec

Italy should have scored the 2-1 with Petagna, but the guy missed 2 chances. The Czechs sucker punched them properly

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
3-1 Czech Republic FT. Deserved defeat. They wanted it more and we were clueless.
If we beat Macedonia you guys need to beat Germany, fair to say Spain has a better team than Italy, or was it just a bad day?

Blackwidow

Now Italy has to beat the Germans to qualify
If Germany wins today - and Italy, the Czechs and Germany will end up with 6 points Italy would need atleast 2 goals more than Germany - else Germany should be first in the group.

If I am right.

Teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss), and if tied on points, the following tiebreaking criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine the rankings (Regulations Articles 18.01 and 18.02):[8]

1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  4. If more than two teams are tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams are still tied, all head-to-head criteria above are reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
  5. Goal difference in all group matches;
  6. Goals scored in all group matches;
  7. penalty shoot-out if only two teams have the same number of points, and they met in the last round of the group and are tied after applying all criteria above (not used if more than two teams have the same number of points, or if their rankings are not relevant for qualification for the next stage);
  8. Disciplinary points (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
  9. UEFA coefficient for the final draw.
Only the best second team of all 3 groups qualifies.

--------------

But first Germany has to win against Denmark.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Quite uninspiring this Denmark lineup, I don't recognize a single one of them.

Meyer, Dahoud, Gnabry featuring for Germany.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
If we beat Macedonia you guys need to beat Germany, fair to say Spain has a better team than Italy, or was it just a bad day?
Our U-21 is a bunch of glorified minions led by a very negative coach, they all think they are world beaters but the more we see of them, the more it is unclear where they take this sentiment from. None of them plays as a regular for a big team, there is a reason why. Well done, Czech Republic, I have enjoyed your game as a unit sticking to the fundamentals.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Germany have four "high" profile maximilian in this U23 generation. What happened?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
No, we were also crap against Denmark. It was a fluke win against them.
Strange, looking at the players you have.
Our U-21 is a bunch of glorified minions led by a very negative coach, they all think they are world beaters but the more we see of them, the more it is unclear where they take this sentiment from. None of them plays as a regular for a big team, there is a reason why. Well done, Czech Republic, I have enjoyed your game as a unit sticking to the fundamentals.
But you have players like Barreca who is a regular for Torino, not to mention Bernardeschi for Fiorentina, I remember when Portugal played against your team in 2015 Di Biagio was the coach, you were unlucky against us, best team we faced in the tournament.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Lack of experience shows and wrongly feeling entitled / top dogs already does not help. Parochial generation.