U21: Manchester United vs Chelsea

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Just seen the interview with Adi Viveash.Came across as a right bitter cnut! Sarcastic remarks all the way through.Said he was surprised that Rooey wasn't playing and no doubt he'd play against 'Boro next week.Jeez:rolleyes:

Devil may care

I thought Riley abnd Williams did well, and Weir reminds me of Lingard with his movement and hustle. I thought we were going to grab a winner right at the end but Young got under the ball for his header.

Last edited:

jb8521

I'm going to be extremely clear. That was shite. The only way to describe it is watching a bunch of dogs chasing a ball in the park. More than half our team was at it, this is not football, this is not development. There is no talent out there or it's not visible, even our most talented players like Pereira are looking average, he's looking for players making and there isn't any. There no creativity, no expression of football ability other than running around aimlessly. What is this, what direction is the academy heading? Having watched teams that had (mid-Att) Januzaj, Wilson, Pereira, Lingard, Pearson, Goss etc to this shower of headless noobs its a disgrace. Those players looked fantastic together, played proper football, got you off your seat, put a smile on your face but this, dear God.
I don't even know why I bother watching the first team or reserves anymore. It's all been downhill since LVG had any influence on it.
Of those players you've mentioned 1 has left the club 2 are injured 1 is on loan and 1 is with the first team and a number of other players aren't playing because they've progressed to the first team. That's the idea of underage football. If we were deciding to not play these players for the u21s in favor of playing inferior players then you might have a point but them not playing is because they've progressed beyond it or are injured. I don't know why you watch it either considering you seem to have feckall of an idea what it's about

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm going to be extremely clear. That was shite. The only way to describe it is watching a bunch of dogs chasing a ball in the park. More than half our team was at it, this is not football, this is not development. There is no talent out there or it's not visible, even our most talented players like Pereira are looking average, he's looking for players making and there isn't any. There no creativity, no expression of football ability other than running around aimlessly. What is this, what direction is the academy heading? Having watched teams that had (mid-Att) Januzaj, Wilson, Pereira, Lingard, Pearson, Goss etc to this shower of headless noobs its a disgrace. Those players looked fantastic together, played proper football, got you off your seat, put a smile on your face but this, dear God.
I don't even know why I bother watching the first team or reserves anymore. It's all been downhill since LVG had any influence on it.
Is this your first U21 game or something?

Nickosaur

Of those players you've mentioned 1 has left the club 2 are injured 1 is on loan and 1 is with the first team and a number of other players aren't playing because they've progressed to the first team. That's the idea of underage football. If we were deciding to not play these players for the u21s in favor of playing inferior players then you might have a point but them not playing is because they've progressed beyond it or are injured. I don't know why you watch it either considering you seem to have feckall of an idea what it's about
Well put.

pauldyson1uk

Well I enjoyed the second half it was vast improvement than the first, movement on the ball , created more chances and had chances to win the game , Young should've had a pen and missed a sitter to win the game.
Jones was dreadful in the second half.

Sir A1ex

Is this the new direction we're going in with our youth and academy then? A jolly for the first teamers not getting games.
Hardly first teamers (and bear in mind that the majority have to be U21).

I think you're getting a bit skewed by the fact that LVG has given our entire academy first team action, so it's pretty much impossible not to select "1st teamers".

Is that an entire starting XI that have all played first team (and not just league cup either)? That's got to be pretty rare!

prateik

Jones will get over his injuries and will be great. First game back after a long time. There is a reason he was playing for the U21s and not the first team.

WhoDaGOAT

Jones is a wasteman and needs to go. A poor man's O'Shea. At least John could stay fit and actually cover positions.

I've felt like this about Jones for about 2 years now. He had potential, he no longer does. We have enough young defensive talent to push him soon.

pauldyson1uk

Jones is a wasteman and needs to go. A poor man's O'Shea. At least John could stay fit and actually cover positions.

I've felt like this about Jones for about 2 years now. He had potential, he no longer does. We have enough young defensive talent to push him soon.
Bit unfair on him , been out injured for a while , match rusty and looked be carrying a few extra pounds (dont we all !) but once fit , I am sure he will be fine, but the second half he was just horrible.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Jones will get over his injuries and will be great. First game back after a long time. There is a reason he was playing for the U21s and not the first team.
He got completely humiliated by a 19 year old who hasn't even played a first team game in his life. Unfit or not, he shouldn't be that bad.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Lack of a recognised striker and a midfield combination of both McNair and Love was a big hindrance to the team

RedPhil1957

The youth forum was always a place of intelligent and thoughtful posting unfortunately the idiots have arrived.

jb8521

Was looking through the thread for exactly this. Really could use him back in the first team - shown a lot more on both sides of the ball than Rojo.
He did fairly well, made a few important tackles and interceptions, put in a couple of crosses which would have been dangerous if we had a proper striker and his passing was good as always

Shimo

He did fairly well, made a few important tackles and interceptions, put in a couple of crosses which would have been dangerous if we had a proper striker and his passing was good as always
Thanks - hope LVG gets him back in first team frame as long as he is deemed to be fit enough.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not long watched the game. Got to say I was impressed with Chelsea, especially Kasey Palmer. Thought he was excellent. We simply couldn't handle the lad. Really good talent.

As for us, thought we were ok. Bit too predictable for most of the match, and apart from Young, no one was really a threat in and around the box. As the commentators pointed out, though, it changed for us when Weir went into the middle. Pereira is a good player, but he doesn't seem to be 'busy' enough when playing in the hole. He wants everything to feet. Weir's not as technically gifted as Pereira, but when he went into the middle, it gave Chelsea a lot more to think about. He was constantly on the move. Running in behind Young, making runs into the box, running channnels, etc. Just a general problem for Chelsea, and in the end got his reward with a well taken goal.

This situation reminds me of our current first team, in regards to Mata and Lingard. Lingard might not be as gifted technically (he is technically very good, in my opinion, though) but because he's constantly on the move, it gives teams a lot more problems, and I feel we've seen that in the couple of games. Same goes with why I feel Dele Alli gets the nod over Eriksen down the middle for Spurs.

As for our senior players, I felt Young had a really good game. He played up top and mixed up his game very well. Constantly making runs in behind, despite not always being found. He also dropped off and held it up quite well too. Looking quite sharp. Be nice to see him back in the first team set up.

Jones had a decent game. You can tell he's been out for a while, though. You can tell he was really tired as the game progressed. Probably needs a couple more games to get back to his match sharpness.

Borthwick Jackson just oozes class. So comfortable on the ball. Got forward well and put in some decent crosses, but as I said before, it was pretty much just Young in the box every time. Defensively he was good too. Would love to see him back in the first team.