U21s - Manchester United vs. Sunderland

Sweet Square

I agree that Rothwell has been more consistent. However, a bit like when Pogba was playing for the reserves I always get the impression that Pereira is playing within himself. If he gets his chance with the first team I expect him to take it.
Yep I can see Pereira being that sort of player.

shivab

why are they still using 3-5-2 i wonder? why not bring rothwell or pearson on.

King_Eric

Hm, don't seem to find a stream for this on the usual places. Could anyone pm me a link please?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Anybody got a decent link? PM would be appreciated.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't think Anderson has played too badly, in aware its an u21 game.

SirFergie

The reason he tends to drift out of games as a 10 is because he struggles to find space. When he plays deeper he has more time on the ball and he gets to spray the ball around which he does very well. Personally I think he is perfect as a deep playmaker. I guess we will agree to disagree. :)
Fair enough.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What's the shape of the midfield? Lots saying we're using a back four but what's in front of that?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He's too good for this level. I've been so impressed with Pearson yet again.

I wonder if, with LVG watching, he might get a chance playing the role that Blind played on the weekend.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good performance. I'm sure Pereira, Shaw, and Januzaj have impressed van Gaal, wouldn't be surprised to see the former on the bench at Leicester again. Does van Gaal normally show up for the youth matches? First one I've seen this season bar the Liverpool one.

FromTheBench

Good performance. I'm sure Pereira, Shaw, and Januzaj have impressed van Gaal, wouldn't be surprised to see the former on the bench at Leicester again. Does van Gaal normally show up for the youth matches? First one I've seen this season bar the Liverpool one.
First one he has been spotted at so far.

Harrop and Pereira both seemed so similar today and equally good though Harrop faded more in the 2nd half.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Keane wasn't off there.

Was bright play by Pearson.

Such an annoying call. Keane deserved and needed a goal tonight. 3 goals in his first 3 games back from injury proves his instinct is still very much intact, it's just a matter of regaining a bit of confidence.