U23s: Manchester City vs Manchester United

Leonard17

Anyone in the City u23s that are supposed to be very good? I've heard a lot of good things about Paulo Fernandes but apart from that I don't know much about them.
Nmecha top scorer for their u18's last year. Brahim is their "messiah". Diallo is playing up a year I think. Kongolo's decent too.

khoazany

Anyone in the City u23s that are supposed to be very good? I've heard a lot of good things about Paulo Fernandes but apart from that I don't know much about them.
Brahim Diaz on the bench.Plus Diallo the number 6.Their fans also rave about Nmecha number 9.The rest are decent/good players.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
DJ on the bench too - should be good. If Demi has a good game, we'll be alright.

jb8521

From the starters Buckley Ricketts, Nemecha, Diallo and Dilrosun are good players. Diaz on the bench is probably the best player in their academy.

Dazzmondo

Nmecha top scorer for their u18's last year. Brahim is their "messiah". Diallo is playing up a year I think. Kongolo's decent too.
Brahim Diaz on the bench.Plus Diallo the number 6.Their fans also rave about Nmecha number 9.The rest are decent/good players.
Thanks. I have actually heard of Brahim, just didn't know his 2nd name was Diaz, when that came up I just assumed it was someone else. Hadn't heard about Nmecha before, will keep an eye on him. Didn't know Diallo either. Is Kongolo's first name Rodney?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
El Fitouri? Surely this lad is pushing thirty by now? Seems like he's been here for ages and not really doing much to be considered a future first team player.

SteveW

I could see our u18s giving this u23 team a pretty good game. Tuanzebe is the only real standout player

aelharras

What kind of player is Scott?
Can play at full back or defensive mid, very neat and composed player and doesn't like to walk too much with the ball.

Also Fernandes, who is supposedly City's best player just went off injured in the 4th minute.

Edit: Actually Fernandes went back in again

WhoDaGOAT

El Fitouri? Surely this lad is pushing thirty by now? Seems like he's been here for ages and not really doing much to be considered a future first team player.
He's 21. He's here to ensure that we can put out a starting eleven with some familiarity that enables our best talents to play in a good environment.

Dazzmondo

Oh dear, got away with that one. Didn't realise that was Rodney Kongolo. He must have just moved there this season did he? When I first heard about him he was a Feyenoord youngster.

Devil may care

I thought we might have put Mempghis and TFM in this game to give them some minutes.

Cracking atmosphere.......

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
El Fitouri is great for the opposition

Dobbs

I thought we might have put Mempghis and TFM in this game to give them some minutes.

Cracking atmosphere.......
Yeah agree. A plus for LvG was him putting squad players in the U23's.

Some players must be well short of match practice.

WhoDaGOAT

We're working very hard but have shown zero quality when in possession.

Brightonian

The passing from Redmond and the defence has been poor though, they're playing out of pressure very nicely then misplacing the easy passes.

Brightonian

They've gotten in behind our back four at least three times.
All in the first five or six minutes, though. Since then they've just had two speculative shots. They're winning this, but I don't feel a goal coming (famous last words, I know...)

Brightonian

Redmond AGAIN. He's playing as if he's under more pressure than he actually is. Rushing those through-balls.

Brightonian

It did feel a bit like we just needed to get either Harrop or Mitchell on the ball long enough to be in the proper mindset, creative instead of just rushing after we got possession.

Dobbs

I know I'm repeating what others have said but Tuanzebe looks class.

I really like Harrop but is he good enough as a 10 to make it here? I think he'd have more chance as a midfielder.

Brightonian

Better from everyone now. Humphries looks to have the measure of Mitchell but Harrop's finding more space now. Tuanzebe's warmed up too, starting to impose himself on and off the ball.

WhoDaGOAT

Willock should play slightly higher up. He has that unique ability that allows him to drive forward and shift the ball.