U23s: Manchester City vs Manchester United

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I meant how he drags the ball to the side almost nonchalantly. No one does it better than Kanu.
Sorry you didn't get the joke.It was a song we used to sing at Kanu.

I guess you're far too young to remember the old songs

LouisDanGaal

Anyone in the City u23s that are supposed to be very good? I've heard a lot of good things about Paulo Fernandes but apart from that I don't know much about them.
My mate rates Diaz on the bench, hugely, I've seen him and hes obviously got technique. Aside from that Humphreys at the back looks aight.

Brightonian

Something a bit retro about City's unwillingness to cross, very Barca-mania 2009. I know there's a few technomidgets like Fernandes (and now Diaz), and it's presumably meant to be Guardiola-esque, but they have some decent-sized players and they've neglected a couple of positions for what could have been very dangerous crosses and just ended up passing it back out of the danger area.

dichinero

Something a bit retro about City's unwillingness to cross, very Barca-mania 2009. I know there's a few technomidgets like Fernandes (and now Diaz), and it's presumably meant to be Guardiola-esque, but they have some decent-sized players and they've neglected a couple of positions for what could have been very dangerous crosses and just ended up passing it back out of the danger area.
Long may it continue.

As long as it leads to nowhere

Inigo Montoya

t
Something a bit retro about City's unwillingness to cross, very Barca-mania 2009. I know there's a few technomidgets like Fernandes (and now Diaz), and it's presumably meant to be Guardiola-esque, but they have some decent-sized players and they've neglected a couple of positions for what could have been very dangerous crosses and just ended up passing it back out of the danger area.[/Q

This kind of dogma will be their undoing in the English League.Teams play a variety of styles here and crossing is a big part for a lot of them

dichinero

Some of these City lads are huge. They make ours look like toddlers. Our is it just me?

WhoDaGOAT

The goal calmed us down. Much needed.

Show some extra composure in the 2nd half and we will win if we keep our heads. We've defended fairly well.

Dr Baltar

Yes, Terry Gibson is the co-comm.
Always liked him on sky's la liga coverage. Much better than the terrible commentators we normally get on Mutv calling players by their first names or shirt numbers!!:houllier:

Inigo Montoya

He is really good where Spanish football is concerned. Surprised he is doing this.
I suppose we all need to make a living, and he was in that era that never really cashed in, relatively speaking.

Good luck to him, I'll have to watch the Spanish football

khoazany

We have had some very poor touches inside our own box in the 1st half.Would have cost us.

Dazzmondo

We're very well organised when City are on the ball. The defensive set up is compact. Tuanzebe's looked quite comfortable. A few individual errors from a couple of the defenders. Willock's goal was brilliant and he's looked a lot more confident since he scored. Harrop getting a bit more involved. I expect City will control most of the possession 2nd half but we could potentially get a 2nd on the counter. Wouldn't mind seeing Buffonge soon enough.

Leonard17

We're very well organised when City are on the ball. The defensive set up is compact. Tuanzebe's looked quite comfortable. A few individual errors from a couple of the defenders. Willock's goal was brilliant and he's looked a lot more confident since he scored. Harrop getting a bit more involved. I expect City will control most of the possession 2nd half but we could potentially get a 2nd on the counter. Wouldn't mind seeing Buffonge soon enough.
I see the proper derby tomorrow not being too far from this description.

Brightonian

Yep, that's fair. Not to be too harsh, but there's some real 'filler' in this United side at the moment, but that doesn't stop the quality shining through. Harrop and Tuanzebe in particular are obviously classy.

Dr Baltar

He is really good where Spanish football is concerned. Surprised he is doing this.
Seems to have still been doing quite a few spanish games this season so I assume he's still with sky. Not sure either why he's doing this as well then.
Much better than paddy but that's not exactly hard!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Seems to have still been doing quite a few spanish games this season so I assume he's still with sky. Not sure either why he's doing this as well then.
Much better than paddy but that's not exactly hard!
Problem with Paddy is that he lets his bias get in the way of saying anything informative.

Devil may care

Yeah agree. A plus for LvG was him putting squad players in the U23's.

Some players must be well short of match practice.
I don't think either have kicked a ball in competition for a couple of months bar a brief few minutes Memphis got on as sub, plus TFM is still of age for this team.

Dazzmondo

Tuanzebe did very well to make up for that misplaced pass. Wins it back, dribbles forward and puts a great pass in to Mitchell. Decent shot by Mitchell.

George Beast

Horrible defending. I can't understand why defenders do this but it's very common. Why keep backing up as the player with the ball keeps coming forward? Some defenders would damn near let a player back them up all the way to their own goal without attempting a challenge. i've never understood it.