U23s: Manchester City vs Manchester United

Dazzmondo

Horrible defending. I can't understand why defenders do this but it's very common. Why keep backing up as the player with the ball keeps coming forward? Some defenders would damn near let a player back them up all the way to their own goal without attempting a challenge. i've never understood it.
It's mainly to try to retain the team's defensive shape. If the defender goes for the tackle too early he can leave a big gap to be exposed. In that case, he should have been closed down quicker though yes.

Dr Baltar

Problem with Paddy is that he lets his bias get in the way of saying anything informative.
Yea I can understand from his perspective that criticising our players too much on our own channel might not help his job security. I don't know what he was like to begin with so maybe years of doing it has changed him but he adds very little value now.
I think the majority of viewers would prefer neutral commentators...or maybe it would be good viewing to go to the other extreme and just have insanely biased commentators.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's 21. He's here to ensure that we can put out a starting eleven with some familiarity that enables our best talents to play in a good environment.
Just seen this, I can obviously see the benefits to us as a club, but at what point does a player move on?

Dr Baltar

Former injured, later sold to Swansea
Ah ok, thank you. Wasn't there a young full back that mourinho mentioned over the summer? Maybe I'm imagining it but I'm sure he name dropped one or two other defenders along with tuanzebe in some comments.

Dazzmondo

Ah ok, thank you. Wasn't there a young full back that mourinho mentioned over the summer? Maybe I'm imagining it but I'm sure he name dropped one or two other defenders along with tuanzebe in some comments.
I think he mentioned Riley. Not sure if he mentioned anyone else.

Dr Baltar

I think he mentioned Riley. Not sure if he mentioned anyone else.
That must be it. I remember looking the player up at the time and for some reason I recall that he was black however my memory isn't great at the best of times. Or maybe he never existed, mourinho never mentioned him and I'm just going mad.
Riley/Reid somewhat similar at least :wenger:

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
That must be it. I remember looking the player up at the time and for some reason I recall that he was black however my memory isn't great at the best of times. Or maybe he never existed, mourinho never mentioned him and I'm just going mad.
Riley/Reid somewhat similar at least :wenger:
It was Warren.

Dr Baltar

It was Warren.
Thank you, yes it was definitely him. Do you know why he was not involved tonight?
Injured or still just a u18 player?

Edit: Just trying to figure out who falls where in the pecking order & which teams they're involved with now we've had a few games.

khoazany

El-Fitouri almost cost us a match at the end.Joyce should bench him when Osolunde/Warren are back.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
To win the first Manchester derby of the weekend would have been nice but the draw was a good result for us because City were the better side and let's be honest a draw with that team against a team like City is positive too.

Great goal from from Willock :drool:

And by the way the Manchester City ticket office is a disgrace!!!
Yes, Terry Gibson is the co-comm.
Always liked him on sky's la liga coverage. Much better than the terrible commentators we normally get on Mutv calling players by their first names or shirt numbers!!:houllier:
I saw him before the game and i was a bit surprised to see him here but good to know the reason now for it......i must say i like him too.
Is Goss injured?
Does Goss exist?
Back injury.