U23s vs Blackburn

Red_toad

Been here 15 years.

I called him a moron as he came at me for no need, similar to yourself.
No one came at you, stop being overly dramatic. You’re not the victim here. You make very questionable comments generalising about an entire nation, expect to be called out on it. Try being more specific and not insulting the intelligence of people who counter your statement.

GledTheRed

No one came at you, stop being overly dramatic. You’re not the victim here. You make very questionable comments generalising about an entire nation, expect to be called out on it. Try being more specific and not insulting the intelligence of people who counter your statement.
I can't be arsed digging out his reply but it was overly aggressive in my opinion and there's no need for it, especially when my point was valid.

Who are you by the way? Why did you feel the need to gang up?

Also just wondering do you watch the under 23's every week?

lysglimt

Scout
I can't be arsed digging out his reply but it was overly aggressive in my opinion and there's no need for it, especially when my point was valid.

You are both right and wrong - your point is absolutely valid, your name-calling wasn't

Red_toad

I‘d guess the new poster joined in as they agreed with me. There was no ganging up.

Yes I watch most of United’s under 23 & 18 games. Officiating is terrible and plenty of rash challenges go uncarded. But I’d not be saying it was down British coaches and thuggery. Bruno did a great interview the other month, talking about how he played against bigger kids when he was young and was targeted as he was so good. It’s generally a global thing, not really specific to any certain nation.

EngimaMK

Okay, you can absolutely tell that players who engage in thuggery must be coached by British coaches. That is 100% true. All British coaches breed shin-kicking thugs and all foreign coaches breed silky smooth maestros, who never engage in the dark arts.

Happy now?

Ekeke

Last season I felt Devine at left back was our weakest area. Fernandez has come in this season and looks even more worrying defensively which is a surprise. Gave the ball away and didnt have the pace to get back and rectify it, the keeper saves him but from the corner we let in the 2nd goal and then too weak and went to ground too easily for the 4th. I have to say I was expecting better from someone coming in from Madrid. Did put a fairly good cross just over Hugill's head at the end that went though to Amad to find Shoretire for the 5th though and the pullback for Amad's goal and United's 6th. So wasnt all bad when you consider the attack too. But worrying with giving the ball away and defending.

For Amad, nice cross for the Shoretire header. What stood out to me though from what I had seen before and from the other players out there was his communication and leadership when it came to attacking moves. For the great pass from Mejbri that set Amad in behind leading to Shoretire's left footed goal, Amad waved his hand forward to tell Mejbri that he wanted the ball in behind. For the Shoretire header, Amad this time has the ball and again waves his hand forward suggesting he wants forward runs because he's going to attempt to play a pass/cross in and find the attackers which he duly does.

Granted hes a player we bought for a lot of money and has a tiny bit of first team experience in his back pocket, but considering he's new and doesnt speak the language of most of these players yet it was nice to see him be clear with his communication somehow because when a player tells you where they want the ball or where they are going to play the ball, it makes your mind up for you and speeds things up. If he's able to do the same thing when he moves up to the first team we might have another leader type character a bit like Fernandes has been. Baby steps though.

Also shoutout to Neville for his assist and McCann for some of his passing and movement in attacking moves, not normally one that takes my eye but thought he did well among all the other good performances from the likes of Amad, Mejbri, Shoretire etc

laughtersassassin

Very talented player and some great attacking play on show but just a reminder we beat a championship sides 23s side 6-4 with 30 million of brought in talent.
Blackburn's under 23s are top of the under 23 premier league....

laughtersassassin

Amad and Mejbri look really close - the inside pass from Mejbri to Amad was something you expect from KDB and players of that ilk.

Shoretire is quality but not ready to go near the first team yet - still a baby really, looks it too, and has a lot more physical development to get through than the other two.

I didn't watch Pellistri's games, but the highlights were promising and he was scoring a few. Anyone know how he did before he left on loan?

Also, what happened to Puigmal?
Pellistri was ok at best. Hannibal better for sure. Amad is very clearly levels above Pellistri

Ekeke

Pellistri was maybe Shoretire's level or Shoretire steps ahead with his hatrick against the league leaders. Hopefully Pellistri can do a lot on his loan because he has a lot of competition from other young attackers at the club - Shoretire, Elanga, Hannibal able to play from wide with Amad clearly approaching the first team. Its different doing it against men in first team football but if he comes back without a decent attacking record he could get a bit lost in the shuffle. He remained on the bench this week for Alaves and their next game is against Barcelona, maybe he gets a cameo off the bench there

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Amad hasn't even had 1 training session with the u23s. He can't even travel with them. They are literally getting to know each other on game day. Incredible

Mickson

Blackburn's under 23s are top of the under 23 premier league....
And still an incredibly shit football team. The U23 league is very interesting in that way, United has been worse than Blackburn this season regarding points but they are so much better at football, which we saw yesterday. Blackburn scored four goals and I can barely remember any time they had a well-worked attack in 90 minutes.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Last season I felt Devine at left back was our weakest area. Fernandez has come in this season and looks even more worrying defensively which is a surprise. Gave the ball away and didnt have the pace to get back and rectify it, the keeper saves him but from the corner we let in the 2nd goal and then too weak and went to ground too easily for the 4th. I have to say I was expecting better from someone coming in from Madrid. Did put a fairly good cross just over Hugill's head at the end that went though to Amad to find Shoretire for the 5th though and the pullback for Amad's goal and United's 6th. So wasnt all bad when you consider the attack too. But worrying with giving the ball away and defending.
Just to offer some perspective, Fernandez isn't even supposed to be playing U23s football this season. He was brought in for the U18s but looked so good that he was almost instantly promoted. Before this, he was playing for the U17 Real Madrid side, so he's still adapting to the pace of the higher ages and level of football in the U23s. Despite that, he can still contribute going forward, though he often doesn't find things easy, which is fine for now. I'd give him more time to adapt to this level.

Mickson

Just to offer some perspective, Fernandez isn't even supposed to be playing U23s football this season. He was brought in for the U18s but looked so good that he was almost instantly promoted. Before this, he was playing for the U17 Real Madrid side, so he's still adapting to the pace of the higher ages and level of football in the U23s. Despite that, he can still contribute going forward, though he often doesn't find things easy, which is fine for now. I'd give him more time to adapt to this level.
Well, the OP also said that Devine was a weak point, which is just bullshit. Devine was very good and is a very good left-back.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Just to put things into perspective - these are the 11 players who easily could have started this game:

Kovar - Williams, Fish, Mengi, Laird - Puigmal, Garner - Chong, Traore, Elanga - Mellor
Nah our best U23 team is

Henderson - Dalot, Wan-Bissaka, Tuanzebe, Williams - Van de Beek, Garner - Diallo, Pellistri, Rashford - Greenwood

;)