UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What is going on this year, crazy times... Eye witness accounts without hard evidence always going to be doubted though. Memory can do weird things.

Interesting that they're in Jamaica though, given proximity to other sightings in and around the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean sea. If these things are real and it's technology thousands or even millions of years more advanced than ours, it wouldn't be that surprising we wouldn't be able to find them or even get good photographic evidence if they don't want us to.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There's a odd sense of build up of something potentially big happening in the not to distant future.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
What is that explanation? Every guest on Rogan is a fraud ?
Not far off. It is like reading anything in The Daily Mail - you assume it is bullshit until proven otherwise. Plus such hyperbolic anecdotes are utterly meaningless. Pilots can be fooled just as easily as anyone else and can also continue to ignore the far more plausible terrestrial explanations.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Consider the elegance of what we just did. We only looked at the high accelerations of these objects and required them to be consistent with the laws of physics instead of defying them. By making these motions consistent with physics, an exotic gravitational propulsion system is forced on us. We didn’t put this in, we were lead to it as a consequence. Without such a propulsion system, the laws of physics get broken by these objects. If you find such technology implausible at the moment, consider that breaking the laws of physics would be far more implausible than that.
Our Hypothesis
As derived above, UAPs create distortions in spacetime to create geodesics along which they move free of accelerations.
Yet again people starting from the viewpoint that there are alien craft doing all sorts of "impossible" stuff and reverse engineering who it "must" happen and trying to dress it up as science.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Don't come crying to me when they beam you up with geodesic domes
Knowing my luck I'll get fatal blood clots from having the AZ vaccine after banging in about how safe it is while being beamed up.

The Firestarter

Not far off. It is like reading anything in The Daily Mail - you assume it is bullshit until proven otherwise. Plus such hyperbolic anecdotes are utterly meaningless. Pilots can be fooled just as easily as anyone else and can also continue to ignore the far more plausible terrestrial explanations.
Yeah Bernie Sanders, Edward Snowden were guests at Rogan. I guess they are both frauds as well.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
They could see it rotating and flashing but it was too small to film? Hmmmmmm?
Makes sense really, you can see a helicopters lights at night when it’s pretty close but a phone camera still doesn’t pick it up very good, they’re not really designed for long range shooting are they?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yeah Bernie Sanders, Edward Snowden were guests at Rogan. I guess they are both frauds as well.
No but I think we should double check to be sure as appearing on that idiot's show is a red flag. It is like reading something in the Heil that you agree with. Time to double check your opinion.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Clinton yesterday on live TV said there are things flying in US aerospace and they don’t know what they are. NASA have also announced they are joining the investigations. People need to stop debunking every video clip and just accept that either:

1) It’s true and objects beyond current US technologies exist.

2) The US military are lying/exaggerating about it and have convinced former presidents and other agencies.

The other option is the US military are so incompetent they can’t tell a bird from a plane - yet Bob on twitter can. I find this slightly ridiculous. Something is going on and either way it’s a big story in my eyes.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Whatever it is is it isn't aliens. But aliens is the bit people get hard for.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Clinton yesterday on live TV said there are things flying in US aerospace and they don’t know what they are. NASA have also announced they are joining the investigations. People need to stop debunking every video clip and just accept that either:

1) It’s true and objects beyond current US technologies exist.

2) The US military are lying/exaggerating about it and have convinced former presidents and other agencies.

The other option is the US military are so incompetent they can’t tell a bird from a plane - yet Bob on twitter can. I find this slightly ridiculous. Something is going on and either way it’s a big story in my eyes.
They could also be mirages generated by some interplay of the earth's magnetic field, regular interference from solar flairs and radar technologies that they haven't identified yet.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
They could also be mirages generated by some interplay of the earth's magnetic field, regular interference from solar flairs and radar technologies that they haven't identified yet.
They could but wouldn’t the US Military possibly know they could be that too? And from whats being very slowly leaked they’ve ruled that out. The head of NASA yesterday also said that was unlikely.

Here’s his direct quote on one of the instances:
“We don’t know if it’s extra-terrestrial, we don’t know if it’s an enemy, we don’t know if it’s an optical phenomenon. We don’t think so, because of the characteristics that those Navy jet pilots described as they saw it move around”

The Firestarter

No but I think we should double check to be sure as appearing on that idiot's show is a red flag. It is like reading something in the Heil that you agree with. Time to double check your opinion.
Well, the same pilots appeared in 60 minutes as well. Along with additional former officials from the AATIP

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
They could but wouldn’t the US Military possibly know they could be that too? And from whats being very slowly leaked they’ve ruled that out. The head of NASA yesterday also said that was unlikely.

“We don’t know if it’s extra-terrestrial, we don’t know if it’s an enemy, we don’t know if it’s an optical phenomenon. We don’t think so, because of the characteristics that those Navy jet pilots described as they saw it move around”
These are rare events by default, as are solar flares strong enough to fry most electrical equipment. If he is certain that it isn't optical phenomenon, I'd probably trust him but at the same time, its hard to trouble shoot your machinery when its virtually impossible to recreate the fault.

stevoc

Whatever it is is it isn't aliens. But aliens is the bit people get hard for.
How can you be so sure?

I wouldn't even pretend that I know in the slightest what's flying about when the US Military and Intelligence have admitted that they don't have a clue.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

It is strange that things are slowly being leaked and I do wonder what they are building towards. Who knows?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Do you believe in life other than humans is out there?
I think it is a statistical certainty. I do however think the Fermi Pardox is explained by intelligent and technologically advanced life being so incredibly rare in space and time that we will never encounter any.
How can you be so sure?
The idea that advanced civilisations can hide themselves from us (to the point of not emitting anything, not even radio waves), have the ability to travel here totally undetected yet can't then stop being repeatedly filmed or seen is ludicrous.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Well, the same pilots appeared in 60 minutes as well. Along with additional former officials from the AATIP
A better source than that buffoon Rogan but still just a sensationalist TV show? And people can be mistaken in more than one place.

luke511

I think it is a statistical certainty. I do however think the Fermi Pardox is explained by intelligent and technologically advanced life being so incredibly rare in space and time that we will never encounter any.

The idea that advanced civilisations can hide themselves from us (to the point of not emitting anything, not even radio waves), have the ability to travel here totally undetected yet can't then stop being repeatedly filmed or seen is ludicrous.
They've have been caught on radar on many occasions, they're not as undetected as you think. The Fermi Paradox cannot be held as proof for anything really, the chances of life and intelligent life variables are estimates plucked from nothing, it's pure speculation. People lean towards both extremes. All we have is one case study, Earth, so it's impossible to get a reliable result from the equation.

stevoc

But isn't that assuming they care about being spotted?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Why does Wibble hate aliens so much guys?

The Firestarter

A better source than that buffoon Rogan but still just a sensationalist TV show? And people can be mistaken in more than one place.
It's one of the most respected and oldest news tv shows in the US (world) . Just so you know, the people that are supposed to be mistaken according to you are:
1. David Fravor CO VFA-41
2. Alex Dietrich , pilot VFA-41
3. Chad Underwood, pilot VFA-41
4. Kevin Day , radar operator USS Princeton
5. Fravor's WSO
6. Dietrich's WSO

So here are 6 people, having literally the best training in the world for observing aerial objects , having identified this object across different spectrums - visual , IR, EM (radar), having matching observations. And according to you , they all got...mistaken ?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It's one of the most respected and oldest news tv shows in the US (world) . Just so you know, the people that are supposed to be mistaken according to you are:
1. David Fravor CO VFA-41
2. Alex Dietrich , pilot VFA-41
3. Chad Underwood, pilot VFA-41
4. Kevin Day , radar operator USS Princeton
5. Fravor's WSO
6. Dietrich's WSO

So here are 6 people, having literally the best training in the world for observing aerial objects , having identified this object across different spectrums - visual , IR, EM (radar), having matching observations. And according to you , they all got...mistaken ?
Yes.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Right. You also know better than the former US president Obama who shared the same findings.
Obama did not say anything about aliens. Just because you can't explain something or only have a plausible but unconfirmed hypothesis doesn't mean aliens did it. It is analogous to the god of the gaps argument religious types use.

The Firestarter

Yes they go to the trouble of hdiing their whole civilisation, their travel to earth and entry through our atmosphere. Seems legit.
You are assuming a whole lot here. If they are ET(they might not be) in origin, why do you think you know what their interest here is? In fact , overwhelming majority of these have been spotted over ocean, so it's not unreasonable to assume whatever they are observing is related to something underwater / the ocean itself. Or the naval military activities.

luke511

Yes they go to the trouble of hdiing their whole civilisation, their travel to earth and entry through our atmosphere. Seems legit.
If a satellite was sent to Earth, at what point would we detect it?

The Firestarter

Obama did not say anything about aliens. Just because you can't explain something or only have a plausible but unconfirmed hypothesis doesn't mean aliens did it. It is analogous to the god of the gaps argument religious types use.
I am not saying they are 100% aliens, no observer is stating that with certainty as well.I am saying they are actual objects , showing propulsion technology not yet known to exist on earth. It is always possible it has been developed in secret.

stevoc

How do you know they go to the trouble of doing any of that.

How could we see their civilization? It could be in another galaxy, they might live on ships in space, who knows. Our ability to monitor things in space is pretty limited.

How would we detect their travel to earth? I assume travel betwen solar systems would be at a speed and using technology that we couldn't detect even if we were looking for it.

How would we detect their entry into the atmosphere? Do we even watch for things like that? Thousands of things enter the atmosphere every year.

I have no idea if these things flying around are of alien origin, I doubt it to be honest. But I also wouldn't rule out the possibility completely based on assumptions.