UEFA Champions League 18/19 Matchday 2 fixtures (2nd - 3rd October 2018)

enigmista

Supports
Juventus
deserved win by Napoli unfortunately, disgusting display by liverpool which was a joke tonight with salah that did not play one decent ball in the whole game.
We have seen him for years in Italy. This Salah is closer to his average level than the player viewed last year. Liverpool are an average side who needs to always play in sixth gear to get results.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Didn't see the barcelona spurs game, did Messi go full Sun God on them?
2 goals in the second half, also hit the post after 2 runs (all in the second half), but he was equally good in the first half (no shots, no assists).

Member 90887

I saw like 20 minutes of the second half and he was ripping them apart. He had a goal and hit two times the posts.

He had a second goal at the end as well.

Neo_Mufc

Just incase anyone forgets Man Utd have the most points the CL of all the English teams so far in the CL.

I'll grab my coat.

Irrational.

Klopp always sounds like he's trying to squeeze in one word too many in a sentence and always seems to be running out of breath.

Andy_Cole

Manchester United are the only unbeaten English side in the Champions League this season.

“Phenomenal”.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Napoli looked exactly how Inter looked against Tottenham... absolute cack yet grinded results against English sides you'd think would be far superior but who both inexplicably performed even more cack.

Were these just freak matches or is this some kind of incredibly effective Italian style of suffocation?

arnie_ni

Does anyone know why napolis whole lower section of the stadium virtually empty

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Napoli looked exactly how Inter looked against Tottenham... absolute cack yet grinded results against English sides you'd think would be far superior but who both inexplicably performed even more cack.

Were these just freak matches or is this some kind of incredibly effective Italian style of suffocation?
What? Napoli looked great tonight, a lot better than Inter vs Spurs.

TsuWave

Suarez is such a clever player. twice he beat the spurs defence with a body feint and leaving it to Messi, and two goals came from it

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Wtf :lol: Napoli looked very good

Nick7

Danish talent, who came through our academy. He really has his breakthrough right now after his development stalled a bit because of injuries. Very straight forward winger with very clean finishing skills.
Nice. I'll be keeping an eye on him. He looked very sharp.

Suedesi

Napoli totally dominated Liverpool mate.

Serie A teams play smart football

Stadjer

Psv was really unlucky tonight. Lost 1-2 after being 1-0 up by a beautiful goal from Rosario.

Inter goalkeeper should have gotten red for a handball outside the penalty box, for the first inter goal Icardi was slightly offside and psv also hit the post and the inter goalkeeper (who shouldnt even have been on the pitch anymore) made a really good save on Malen his overhead kick.

Both Inter goals were also mistakes from the Psv goalkeeper...

Spurs or Psv to decide who will end third place.

Culero

One of his best away CL performances, two goals and with two finishes on the post and continuously opened up Spurs with throughballs. More than anything that I saw him do today which he rarely does is running more than usual. He was pressing and harassing players all game, it's that fire I have been looking for instead of coasting through the game. Great performance.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
We have seen him for years in Italy. This Salah is closer to his average level than the player viewed last year. Liverpool are an average side who needs to always play in sixth gear to get results.
well the liverpool seen in the last season and at the start of this one is no average side by any stretch of the imagination. In Italy salah has had 2 very good seasons, not at the same level as the last one of course but still quite good as shown by his pre-neymar price tag of 50 million which was not low. It is true that he did not have the same scoring consistency he has enjoyed at Liverpool but still...tonight he did nothing, could not hold a ball....shocking performance

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Psv was really unlucky tonight. Lost 1-2 after being 1-0 up by a beautiful goal from Rosario.

Inter goalkeeper should have gotten red for a handball outside the penalty box, for the first inter goal Icardi was slightly offside and psv also hit the post and the inter goalkeeper (who shouldnt even have been on the pitch anymore) made a really good save on Malen his overhead kick.

Both Inter goals were also mistakes from the Psv goalkeeper...

Spurs or Psv to decide who will end third place.
All of that is true

But also, Inter dominated most of the game and created enough clear cut chances to score 5 or 6 goals. They were the better team, replay that game 10 times and inter have iced the game in the first half alone at least 7 times. The first half was was basically a shooting practice for them

Last edited:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Salah played this season so far like the player I thought Liverpool were buying last season.

I thought he was a speed merchant who would chip in with 8-10 goals a season. What he did last season was freakish really and as a United fan I obviously hope it was an outlier season. :)

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Messi was majestic tonight, he was playing on a different level to everybody else. Also Suarez's awareness of where Messi will be is crazy, the last goal was something else.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Good signing. He has to risk more and pass forward more often
I agree that he needs to take more risk, but I think that will come with time.

His composure on the ball is invaluable though. Spurs pressed us hard and it didn’t faze Arthur at all. This is something we’ve lacked badly in the past few years.

Suedesi

Nice find for Barca. How much did they pay for him?

Certainly a more sensible purchase than dropping 270-280 million Euros on 2 players who are competing for one spot (Coutinho, Dembele)

Hamadovich86

Crazy to think United are the best performing English team in the CL hahaha goes to show how things are different in Europe and how much more formidable leagues like Serie A and La Liga are than Brits give them credit for.