UEFA Champions League 18/19 Matchday 2 fixtures (2nd - 3rd October 2018)

Neo_Mufc

5 goals in 2 games :boring::boring::boring:

On another note, surprised the Spurs fans were leaving early. I thought the team played excellent bar the defensive errors, thought they deserved a clapping off.

Treble

Liverpool are good only when the energy levels are right, i.e. exceptional. When they can't out run the opposition, they look very ordinary. Like today.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Is it me or Liverpool have been shit since the start of the season? It wouldn't have changed anything if Stoke had played today, instead of them. Fully deserved win for Napoli.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
What went wrong?
Front three couldn't trap a ball. Midfield combination ineffective predictably.
The subs were reactive rather than proactive which is a major deficit in Klopps management.

We've killed all momentum and are in shocking form going in to Sunday's game.

Nick7

Who's that Bruun Larsen lad for Dortmund? Seems to have had a good impact after coming on.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
We deserved nothing in this game, honestly. Napoli was better overall, they outplayed us tactically as well. Poor performance, and we lost Keita as well.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans complaining about supporter behaviour. The height of irony.
Not like one of ours got left in a coma by Italian fans previously is it? Not to mention the fan hospitalised today by napoli ultras.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Play with a high line against Barca and bring on a guy like Sissoko and that’s what you get.
I gave up when this happened .. you get absolutely nothing out of him, as evidenced by that ridiculous shot. He can't score or assist, what impact is he going to have? I guess he adds energy, but we're chasing a goal. Lack of options perhaps but I'd rather have a tired Lamela on the pitch than a fresh Sissoko.

The high line thing is a bit of a copout, you can play that way against them if you get it right, but we just didn't today. Individuals were being idiots and of course when that happens the high line means it's easier for you to get punished.

RepardReece

This is why they don't look like replacing him because he is perfect for Messi (just like Benzema was for Cristiano)
I was thinking the exact same thing (Benzema and Ronaldo) as I was typing that message haha. I absolutely love watching Barcelona attack though. Coutinho and Suarez, then Suarez and Messi are duos that make the game flow really well. For me there's no player I enjoy watching more than Messi, he's out of this world and makes it look so easy.

redshaw

BBC headline is Late Napoli goal stuns Liverpool.

I'd be stunned if Napoli didn't score.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are good only when the energy levels are right, i.e. exceptional. When they can't out run the opposition, they look very ordinary. Like today.
That's why a lot of people wanted Fekir in addition to Fabinho and Keita. Even said the latter two are taking time to integrate leaving us with a very inconsistent midfield capable of only playing one way.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Who's that Bruun Larsen lad for Dortmund? Seems to have had a good impact after coming on.
Danish talent, who came through our academy. He really has his breakthrough right now after his development stalled a bit because of injuries. Very straight forward winger with very clean finishing skills.

rollingstoned1

Exactly. People creaming themselves over him, but he had 10 years to finish it off .. he's had space all game to do whatever the feck he likes.
That's OK. Ronaldo has been a turbo charged tap in merchant for years but still he has earnt all his goals im sure.:p

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
deserved win by Napoli unfortunately, disgusting display by liverpool which was a joke tonight with salah that did not play one decent ball in the whole game.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It was obvious to anyone with a brain that Liverpool would start to drop off once the games came thick and fast.

Every year we get told this isn't true and yet every year it happens.

They've been more of a defensively robust side this year but at the expense of the score loads by half time style of previous seasons. I also think Keita and Fabinho are poor signings for the money so far and they mainly have Milner and Wijnaldum to thank for not having lost in the league yet.

Sunday now huge for them.

FlapR

Some cracking goals tonight. Well worth looking at highlights if people just stuck to one game.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Absolutely atrocious performance tonight. It sucks to lose, but Napoli were by far the better team and won deservedly. Catastrophic build up for our clash with City on sunday, too.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Awful performance. Deserved to lose. Alisson was the only reason it wasn’t more.
Is it me or Liverpool have been shit since the start of the season? It wouldn't have changed anything if Stoke had played today, instead of them. Fully deserved win for Napoli.
I think we’ve been solid if not spectacular. Tonight was woeful.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Didn't see the barcelona spurs game, did Messi go full Sun God on them?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
One of Liverpool, PSG or Napoli missing out on the knockout stages is incredibly harsh.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
deserved win by Napoli unfortunately, disgusting display by liverpool which was a joke tonight with salah that did not play one decent ball in the whole game.
Wasn't too dissimilar from his game vs Chelsea. Shaqiri should've gotten 20-30 minutes towards the end of that match to see if he's ready to start vs City in my opinion, but hey... What do I know?

I think we'll do Napoli back at Anfield, but I'm not sure what I'm basing that on - Definitely not tonight's performance :lol:

97 touches for Koulibaly as a CB is ridiculous
My Juve supporting friend always goes on about him. He almost killed VVD in the first half :lol: What a tank.