UEFA Euro 2020 Main Draw

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Let's be honest, they've left a couple of sides at home who would beat a lot of international teams.
True. Probably not the best example, but some players they left that can make a team:

Lecomte

Mukiele Upamecano Konate Mendy
Camavinga
Ndombele Aouar
Thauvin ---------- Martial
Lacazette​

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
True. Probably not the best example, but some players they left that can make a team:

Lecomte

Camavinga
Ndombele Aouar
Lacazette​
Jesus

diarm

Lecomte

Camavinga
Ndombele Aouar
Lacazette​
That team would put 10 past Ireland.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Scotland final squad:

Watch out for the Scots. Buzzing for wee Billy. Fantastic experience for him.

EDIT: Gilmour's reaction. Do players not get courtesy calls from the manager when they're included in NT squads? Bit odd to find out you're going to the Euro's via the TV.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Scotland's midfield trio of Gilmour, McTominay and Mgginn is quite decent on paper. If Tripper can play right back, then him + Robertson are sound options. Che Adams not half bad either.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Scotland's midfield trio of Gilmour, McTominay and Mgginn is quite decent on paper. If Tripper can play right back, then him + Robertson are sound options. Che Adams not half bad either.
Tierney?

Bwuk

Gilmour won't play.

I'd imagine it'll be;

Marshall
Hendry - Hanley - Tierney
O'Donnell - McTominay - McGregor - Robertson
McGinn
Adams - Fraser​

Not what I'd pick but I think it's what we'll see. Only really Hendry and Frasers position up for debate I'd imagine.

Gibb11

Lecomte

Camavinga
Ndombele Aouar
Lacazette​
Your even missing someone like Theo Hernandez in that team who'd walk into most first 11's

sideshowbob

Lecomte

Camavinga
Ndombele Aouar
Lacazette​
They must be cursing Deschamps at Leipzig!

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
William Carvalho?

At this point I’m pretty sure he could lose a leg and Santos would still call him up.

I think our midfield will be a big problem this tournament, we have a great squad everywhere else though if there are no injuries.

Bertie Wooster

I'm sure this has been discussed but, looking at those groups yet again, I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that Portugal, as current holders, were in pot 3 which allowed them to be stuck in a group of death with Germany and France. It's an absolute disgrace.

Portugal are the current European Championship and Nations League winners, what the hell were they doing in a pot with Turkey, Denmark, Austria, Sweden and Czech Republic? With teams like Ukraine, Poland, Switzerland in Pots 1 or 2 along with the stronger nations.

Portugal really should have been Pot 1. Pot 2 at worse.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Since Ramos is not going I would have called Nacho or Hermoso.Eric García and Llorente have hardly played.
I trust Olmo, Ferrán and I am happy for Gerard Moreno but it is still a fairly limited attack. Adama is very bad but I guess that he is worth as a revulsive, like Munitis / Pedrito.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
That’s a really mediocre squad for Spain. A far cry from the days of Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Silva, Puyol, Casillas, younger Ramos, younger Busquets.

saivet

That Spain squad looks pretty average. It doesn't look like a side with many goals in them.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
First time I've seen a Spanish squad heading into a major tournament without a Real Madrid player involved.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ha I thought aymeric laporte played for France!
Deschamp was going to bring him on in a game when a french CB got injured, the player didn't come off so never happened. He played U-21 but never capped at senior level.

Sure it was Koscielny

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
First time I've seen a Spanish squad heading into a major tournament without a Real Madrid player involved.
That is absolute madness. Surely Real can’t be happy with that considering their long heritage of giving youth a chance?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Since Ramos is not going I would have called Nacho or Hermoso.Eric García and Llorente have hardly played.
I trust Olmo, Ferrán and I am happy for Gerard Moreno but it is still a fairly limited attack. Adama is very bad but I guess that he is worth as a revulsive, like Munitis / Pedrito.
Only 24 players is weird :confused:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

OmarUnited4ever

Why Saul is not called up? is he injured?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Spain had been improving and I thought they were going to have a great tournament but now without a few key players I don’t think they’ll go all the way anymore.

The way I see it there are only six teams with enough quality to win it. France, Belgium, Portugal, Italy, England and Germany.
Germany have the quality but they’ve been a bit of a mess recently, Italy are underwhelming in attack, Portugal underwhelming in midfield and Belgium underwhelming in defense... England have a better chance than people believe imo although France are obviously massive favourites.

Ramos

0 Real Madrid players and 3 Barcelona Players.

That has to be by far the lowest ever for a Spain squad at a big tournament. How things have changed.