UEFA extend AWB ban to two games and reduce it back to one

Offsideagain

The clowns at UEFA have extended AWB’s ban for ’rough play’ for that tackle against Young Boys. A tackle which was identical to the one last night by Kevin DeBruyne against PSG for which he got a yellow card. Makes you wonder how much influence City now have at UEFA after the court battle over FFP.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The clowns at UEFA have extended AWB’s ban for ’rough play’ for that tackle against Young Boys. A tackle which was identical to the one last night by Kevin DeBruyne against PSG for which he got a yellow card. Makes you wonder how much influence City now have at UEFA after the court battle over FFP.
:lol:

Jericholyte2

Kevin De Bruyne does the exact tackle last night and gets a yellow card - makes sense!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not even to imitate RAWK but de Bruyne has the most extreme PL. Getting individual awards he nowhere near deserves and now avoiding blatant red cards, it is hilarious.

Absurd decision making by the UEFA.

BorisManUtd

Well Villarreal and Atalanta games now become chance for Dalot to shine. If he doesn't do well then his United career is most probably going to end next summer. We should be attacking in both games as we'll play at Old Trafford and given Dalot is better in attack he could be useful.

Shame for AWB, it was a clear red card but I did not expect it to be more than 1 game suspension.

Deery

Dreary
It’s nearly like UEFA know it’s the position we’re are least equipped in..

Siorac

And how can anyone get a red card without “rough play”?
Well, I can answer at least that one: dissent, denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures.

Anyway, here's a similar UEFA decision - extending a player's suspension for rough play - after the Sparta Praha v AC Milan game from last season's Europa League:

https://editorial.uefa.com/resource...21fa19-1000/2021.01.27_website_dg_34218_a.pdf

ArjenIsM3

Well, at least Dalot will get a chance to prove himself. He's done alright the last few games. He offers more of an attacking threat than AWB so it could even make us less lopsided. But maybe this is all just wishful thinking on my part and he'll regress into the pre-Italy Dalot.

romufc

Its funny how KDB gets away with it and AWB gets extra game ban.

Money talks.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well, I can answer at least that one: dissent, denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures.

Anyway, here's a similar UEFA decision - extending a player's suspension for rough play - after the Sparta Praha v AC Milan game from last season's Europa League:

https://editorial.uefa.com/resource...21fa19-1000/2021.01.27_website_dg_34218_a.pdf
So every red card that isn’t for one of the reasons in bold is a two match ban? This might have always been the case. I honestly can’t remember.

AaronRedDevil

Just waiting for that De Bruyne Tackle to be reviewed by UEFA……any minute now.

redshaw

Many of the refs in our Europa campaign were very questionable despite us getting to the final

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Was that the same referee, seeing the action from the same angle?

I don't know if people are wumming or being serious.

Siorac

So every red card that isn’t for one of the reasons in bold is a two match ban? This might have always been the case. I honestly can’t remember.
No, red cards, by default, incur one match bans - I just wanted to remind you that it's perfectly possible to get a red card without rough play, whatever the feck that means because I can't find an actual definition of it.

In the linked pdf the Sparta player got a red card in the game and the UEFA committee found that the offence constituted rough play and therefore his ban got extended. I'm not sure what are the grounds for doing so. The FIFA Laws of the Game documents use the terms serious foul play and violent conduct and define them quite well but of course it doesn't talk about disciplinary proceedings.

nainaisson

After watching Milan v Atletico yesterday, I'm convinced the referees are just idiots. You can ask why UEFA continues to employ incompetent morons like Cakir, but there isn't enough evidence to suggest the refs are fixing matches on behalf of UEFA.

SirAF

Ageist
That’s ridiculous! Even so, how has it taken them this long to reach that conclusion?

acnumber9

It does because it's not the same referees. It's still a subjective decision.
It doesn’t. They all have to work to the same rules. If tackles of that type are deemed worthy of two game bans then a yellow card isn’t sufficient punishment and the ref and VAR aren’t doing their job.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It doesn’t. They all have to work to the same rules. If tackles of that type are deemed worthy of two game bans then a yellow card isn’t sufficient punishment and the ref and VAR aren’t doing their job.
So you think that all referees interpret an action similarly and that they all give the same sanctions 100% of the time? It feels like I'm living on a different planet.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not to sound RAWKish, but we're seriously been fecked over by horrendous officiating so far this season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Are we seriously getting butthurt over this? Both of them were unlucky in the sense that they definitely didn't mean to hurt the other player but the difference is that De Bruyne clearly got the ball first and then the other guy's leg is planted later.