Gaming UFL - The game to finally dethrone Fifa and Pes?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
New football game coming out.

If Fifa = Real Madrid and EFooball/Pes = Barcelona, could UFL = Atletico Madrid?

If anything I hope the gameplay would be similar to PES 5/6 gameplay, I would definitely get it. But will it just end up a catastrophe?

However it's nice to see a new football video game from someone else other than EA or Konami.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Free to play?

Really would be the anti-FIFA
Fifa is becoming free to play soon too, as is PES I think. It’ll just be all the add-ons that cost money.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well any competition is good.

Oranges038

New football game coming out.

If Fifa = Real Madrid and EFooball/Pes = Barcelona, could UFL = Atletico Madrid?

If anything I hope the gameplay would be similar to PES 5/6 gameplay, I would definitely get it. But will it just end up a catastrophe?

However it's nice to see a new football video game from someone else other than EA or Konami.
Pes6 was great at the time.I still have it on PS2. I played it only the other day. While the new games have their issues they are so much better to play than Pes6 and I include the gameplay in that.

The biggest issues for me with the newer games is the player AI doesn't feel all that advanced, players just running in the wrong direction for no reason, defenders running out of the cb positions, forwards not making runs or just stopping before the ball gets to them.

When you are playing against the AI, it almost feels like you are fighting with the game to get it to do what you want, but at the same time trying to win the game you are playing. That's what infuriates me the most about it.

The newer PES games are much better and much more enjoyable when you switch to full manual controls. Especially when you are playing against someone who does the same. You cannot blame the game for misplaced passes and shots.

I'll probably try this and see what it's like. The last game other than Pes or Fifa I played was This is football, with John O'Shea on the cover.

evil_geko

Don't understand the "no PC" decision. Hope it comes out on PC eventually if it is any decent.

evil_geko

Nobody uses a PC anymore grandpa
Tell that to Sony who finally got their heads out of their arses and getting that sweet money on PC from their exclusives.

I guess UFL lads hate money. This is F2P and they would earn tons from microstransactions on PC.

flameinthesun

Don't understand the "no PC" decision. Hope it comes out on PC eventually if it is any decent.
Its not showing us much gameplay for gameplay trailer. The little it did show at 15 seconds in...not sure I like what that centre back is doing! I don't have much hope for this. Fifa outside of FUT is fun, seasons, clubs, career mode. A game will have to be reallyyy special to pull players away from Fifa, and thats not taking into account the FUT addicts.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah it just looks like a copy of the FUT team mode but with less impressive animations and generic kits.

How long until we have a bunch of FUT clones available to download on consoles just like we have a million copies of Clash of Clans on mobile devices? Their trailer already hits the exact same beats as the mobile ads do - it's just missing some angel with big tits wagging her finger. Grumble, meh, old man yells at cloud.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah it just looks like a copy of the FUT team mode but with less impressive animations and generic kits.

How long until we have a bunch of FUT clones available to download on consoles just like we have a million copies of Clash of Clans on mobile devices? Their trailer already hits the exact same beats as the mobile ads do - it's just missing some angel with big tits wagging her finger. Grumble, meh, old man yells at cloud.
Yeah I took a glance of the second video and thought "oh, is UFL FIFA's new name?"

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
PES was sick when you could just pick Brazil and have Adriano bang in every shot from the half way line.
You've just reminded me of Striker on the SNES, which had a 6-a-side mode where you could always score straight from kick-off with Brazil.