UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The Caf is very left-leaning, it's one of the great things about it.

Social media is a bubble, in many ways, and really, so is most of the internet. The most active internet users are generally younger than the average, more urban than the average, have higher educatiin than average - these are all decent predictors of left-leaning political views.

Read Daily Mail comments to meet the other world.
I'm also pretty sure social media also only show things that interest you and your ideals, as the software learns from your activities and what you like/follow.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The Caf is very left-leaning, it's one of the great things about it.

Social media is a bubble, in many ways, and really, so is most of the internet. The most active internet users are generally younger than the average, more urban than the average, have higher educatiin than average - these are all decent predictors of left-leaning political views.

Read Daily Mail comments to meet the other world.
Or youtube comments. *shudders*

JonDahl

What about on here then?

I know it's very small sample size but the poll here is so wildly different to what happening it seems and no one's manipulating things on this site.
It's exactly the same here - people get attacked for posting a certain view, others of the same view don't bother to. Echo chamber grows and grows and the remaining posters wank themselves silly. People then genuinely think that the country is on their side (:lol:) despite never talking to anyone beyond the medium of keyboard.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Tory gains in Labour heartlands could change the direction of Tory policy. If they want honour the faith shown in them by folk who have voted labour all their lives they will need to move to the left and strengthen their social policies.
Bloody Marxists.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Tory gains in Labour heartlands could change the direction of Tory policy. If they want honour the faith shown in them by folk who have voted labour all their lives they will need to move to the left and strengthen their social policies.
Why would they need to move left when so many just voted for them anyway?

There is something funny though about moving left to appease a demographic which most likely voted for them based on Brexit... a vote entirely about getting johnny foreigner out. Not sure those people want a left-leaning party.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
On the contrary, I think it’s more a case of those places already shifting considerably to the right than the Tories having to meet them in the middle. The seal of tribalism has been broken and the memory of Thatcherism has been replaced with Brexit.

Siorac

I'm also pretty sure social media also only show things that interest you and your ideals, as the software learns from your activities and what you like/follow.
Absolutely. I was trying to explain more why a place like the Caf is so 'lefty'.

Flying high

Honestly my social media timelines for the last month have been packed with Labour voters mouthing off about how bad the Tories are.

Yet I know plenty of Tory voters and I didn’t see a single post from any of them tearing in to Labour.

Too many people on social media think because they go on a massive rant someone will suddenly change colours on Election Day.

Social media today is an absolute train wreck.
So it's wrong to point out the mess the tories are making? Not sure what point you're making.

MoskvaRed

Much as I loathe Johnson, is this a better outcome than a small Tory majority? Not quite the same need to pander to the ERG. We might also see an effective opposition.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
For all the criticisms of Corbyn and Labour, The Lib Dem’s who took a remain position are also going to lose some of the tiny handful of seats they hold.

It’s a right wing country.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Honestly my social media timelines for the last month have been packed with Labour voters mouthing off about how bad the Tories are.

Yet I know plenty of Tory voters and I didn’t see a single post from any of them tearing in to Labour.

Too many people on social media think because they go on a massive rant someone will suddenly change colours on Election Day.

Social media today is an absolute train wreck.
You live in a bubble then.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ed Balls has become almost bearable since he lost his seat, he seems to be spending more time in the real world these days.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Much as I loathe Johnson, is this a better outcome than a small Tory majority? Not quite the same need to pander to the ERG. We might also see an effective opposition.
The ERG is expected to grow considerably tonight. It’s no longer just a handful of politicians, it’s a considerably faction.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
No, absolutely not. It means they can easily vote through some terrible, horrible things that are going to make the last 10 years look like a warm up exercise.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
you are a tool - I even stated in my post that this was in relation to pensions in this example. I’ve not claimed it was income tax.

One would have though you could understand an example where groups of people are disincentivized to work due to taxes shows that increasing income tax can stop people working.

Did you read the FT article?
@Grinner - It already got a warning.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Ed Balls has become almost bearable since he lost his seat, he seems to be spending more time in the real world these days.
It’s funny watching him interrupt Osbourne and Osbourne die a little inside that someone would have the temerity to interrupt him.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

I think so. We'll finally get to find out if Brexit is a good idea or not. They have no excuses now and will own the outcome. At least Britain is driving straight off the cliff rather than stumbling along the edge.

Boycott

They just don't get it.

The UK is a right-wing leaning country. The older voters are living longer, tilt heavily conservative, and vote for what's in their interests tomorrow. Not for ten years from now.

This is the problem I also have with left-wing activism through Twitter.

Twitter is not reflective of real life. If any social media is it is Facebook which is more older, tilt conservative and more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.