UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smores

I warned you at least Dominic Cummings loves you tonight.
Yeah I don't know who you are and pretty sure I've never conversed with you. If there's something you've been right about and me wrong you're going to have to share.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
When exactly will Corbyn resign then? Any predictions from 08:00 tomorrow morning to never it's not his fault welcome.
I don't think it's his fault but he does need to resign now. He can't do any more than what he's done. Unfortunately we're probably gonna need another Tory Labour guy to have a chance of winning over the cretins, so we won't ever have a chance of anything good happening for a long long time.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Momentum proving that they are indeed run by people who are completely certifiable.

Getting called out as **** based on student politics, where have I heard that before?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Feck this. Going to bed now, it's an ass whooping we all have to take. Qudos for everyone who is planning to see this out. What a shite evening.

Siorac

For all the criticisms of Corbyn and Labour, The Lib Dem’s who took a remain position are also going to lose some of the tiny handful of seats they hold.

It’s a right wing country.
Where are all the people who voted Remain? 48%!

Though I suppose in a pure first past the post system, the overall voter proportion doesn't matter much.

Boycott

There's a huge irony in this old footage now.

Jeremy Corbyn discussing the shock of 1992. The exit poll in 1992 had Neil Kinnock's Labour essentially in hung parliament territory with John Major's Conservatives but Major ended up getting the most votes of any election. Kinnock lost for a second time after getting wiped out in 1987.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They just don't get it.

The UK is a right-wing leaning country. The older voters are living longer, tilt heavily conservative, and vote for what's in their interests tomorrow. Not for ten years from now.

This is the problem I also have with left-wing activism through Twitter.

Twitter is not reflective of real life. If any social media is it is Facebook which is more older, tilt conservative and more powerful.
Boris asked if you can hold his beer.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
They just don't get it.

The UK is a right-wing leaning country. The older voters are living longer, tilt heavily conservative, and vote for what's in their interests tomorrow. Not for ten years from now.

This is the problem I also have with left-wing activism through Twitter.

Twitter is not reflective of real life. If any social media is it is Facebook which is more older, tilt conservative and more powerful.

I think a lot of the older voters have forgotten just how important it was to have strong protections for workers, the poor, the disabled, the elderly and other vulnerable groups.

Drifter

American
Labour candidate for Don Valley, Caroline Flint, tweeted: “We’re going to hear the Corbynistas blame it on Brexit and the Labour Uber Remainers blaming Corbyn. Both are to blame for what looks like a terrible night for Labour.”

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Corbyn acolytes losing their shit all over the internet :nervous: :nono:

T_Model101

Alan Johnson absolutely ripping momentum a new one on ITV
He's changed a bit from his JLB Credit days though

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Exactly .Amazing all these centrists who have had to bite their tongue for so long ,smell blood now and are already lining up their Blair 2.0
Tip on how to win with left wing policies: stop attacking centrists.

Centrist Labour supporters will certainly be on the attack today, because they've largely been proven right. Corbyn was the unelectable disaster they long said he was and the Corbyn-supporters long refused to accept. Now is the time for the left-wing of the party to actually accept their mistakes, take the blame that is coming to them and learn the right lessons. If that doesn't result in a change of policies then that's fine but it has to result in a change of attitude towards the moderate potential Labour voters they need to keep at least somewhat onside.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Since the last election there have been:
5.3 milion registrations applications from Under 25s,
5.7 million from 25-34s,
3.2 million from 35-44
and a combined 4.6 million of 45+.

It should be stressed that these are not new registrations a lot of people, especially older ones, will have moved etc, HOWEVER there has been an absolute record of 11 million applications from people under 34 and even if a quarter of them (I expect the figure to be more than half) are new voters then expect the Conservatives to be dished with another youthquake! :drool:

Brace yourself Thrusday 10pm will be another 2017 moment :drool:
What was the bet... You pay £100 to an antisemitic charity when labour loose ashfield?

hobbers

Much as I loathe Johnson, is this a better outcome than a small Tory majority? Not quite the same need to pander to the ERG. We might also see an effective opposition.
Yes i think whatever your political persuasion, a slim majority would have been absolutely the worst outcome.

Or in other words, farage wont be happy tonight

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Bloody marvellous my beer has frozen in the back of the fridge

MoskvaRed

I think so. We'll finally get to find out if Brexit is a good idea or not. They have no excuses now and will own the outcome. At least Britain is driving straight off the cliff rather than stumbling along the edge.
@Kentonio and @Pexbo disagree. I don’t know to be honest - I fear the worst but am trying to salvage something from the wreckage.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Labour hold Sunderland. Thank feck

Status
Not open for further replies.